2020 4* LB Wesley Steiner Commits To Auburn!

toddc

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not trying to be that guy, but he looks really slow to the ball. Not sure if it’s scheme thing or what, but he played majority LB and he’s always a step behind the play. 

I assure you he def is not. Dude is exactly the type of LB that you need in the modern era to combat these high powered offenses. He is not the big thumper that Bama usually recruits. He put up the highest SPARQ score at the Opening this year. Beating even our boooooooooy Owen Pappoe's score from last years Opening. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not trying to be that guy, but he looks really slow to the ball. Not sure if it’s scheme thing or what, but he played majority LB and he’s always a step behind the play. 

Interesting. Keith was impressed with him & he's probably a better judge of talent than most of us.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting. Keith was impressed with him & he's probably a better judge of talent than most of us.

Just looked like he gained some weight in his legs and wasn’t super impressive in game. I don’t doubt Keith or the defensive staff at all when it comes to talent, just a simple eye test from me... and my talent evaluations mean nothing 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jared52 said:

It’s not just you...

Very bad takes.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s an all star game, what scheme were they actually running? Those games are always rough to look at because they’ve been playing together for a week of course he’s going to look a step behind. They all looked a step behind 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

It’s an all star game, what scheme were they actually running? Those games are always rough to look at because they’ve been playing together for a week of course he’s going to look a step behind. They all looked a step behind 

Great point even though usually in All Star games it is the O that looks a step slow. That said if a totally different defensive system than what was playing before with short span to learn you will be slow because you are thinking instead of reacting. Based on his Sparq numbers he is not slow so if Keith likes him so do I.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

3 practices.

• Thanks 1

The kid started and was the speaking captain for his team in yesterday’s all-star game, this is very telling about what the coaches thought of him and his performance over the week. I’ll defer to their judgements instead 

Edited by AUinGA44
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t think they go all out either because nobody wants to get injured. They are already signed to a team for the most part and have nothing to prove.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

The kid started and was the speaking captain for his team in yesterday’s all-star game, this is very telling about what the coaches thought of him and his performance over the week. I’ll defer to their judgements over some of these keyboard clowns here.

@AUinGA44 please be less abbrasive to posters you have a different opinion with. The 2 in particular you disagree with here are really good people & deserve more respect. I assure you they aren't keyboard clowns.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUinGA44 please be less abbrasive to posters you have a different opinion with. The 2 in particular you disagree with here are really good people & deserve more respect. I assure you they aren't keyboard clowns.

Try telling that to bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dislike 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Our best defensive recruit imo. This guy can fly 

I'm looking forward to a debate after all the faxes are in on who the best recruit on D is. There are a number of candidates. For example most of our DL signees & possible commits are expected to be better than their rating, One source Keith trusts alot sees Walker as very underrated & a top 15 guy overall in the class regardless of position.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:09 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I assure you he def is not. Dude is exactly the type of LB that you need in the modern era to combat these high powered offenses. He is not the big thumper that Bama usually recruits. He put up the highest SPARQ score at the Opening this year. Beating even our boooooooooy Owen Pappoe's score from last years Opening. 

I can't read SPARQ without thinking of Spencer Pybus.

• Haha 1