He ran fast, showed off his strength, jumped high and flashed his terrific agility while facing off against many of the country's elite recruits.

In the end, Steiner finished the event with a total score of 148.17 to claim the title as the nation's most athletic high school football player. Ohio State receiver commit Julian Fleming was second at 140.04. Georgia cornerback commit Jalen Kimber was third at 140.01

The 5-feet-11.5, 220-pound Steiner, who will announce his commitment Tuesday (he's down to Auburn and Stanford), is the No. 6 athlete and No. 72 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He projects at inside backer in college.

Steiner produced a 4.51-second 40-yard dash, 40.2-inch vertical jump, 4.00 short shuttle and 42.5-foot powerball throw. 

Last year's winner, Georgia defensive end signee Nolan Smith, won with a score of 141.75. Five-star Auburn linebacker signee Owen Pappoe was second in the same competition thanks to his 140.25 rating. Papoe registered a 40 time of 4.54 seconds.

“I didn’t think that was going to happen," Steiner said. "I was going to relax and if it happened, it happened. I tried not to be disappointed if I didn't get it. I think I did a really good job. There's still things I can improve on. There's a higher record so that's something to chase. But I'm having fun. It doesn't matter how many reps I win or lose, I'm enjoying myself."

Steiner on Friday cut his list of possible schools and his decision will come down to the Tigers and Cardinal.

“I think I've narrowed it down to two schools,” Steiner said Friday. “I really like Georgia Tech and I really like LSU, but my heart has been going back and forth between Auburn and Stanford. That’s really what it is. Auburn is close to home. I enjoy being there. Stanford — that degree is something else. And it’s beautiful out there. There’s no denying that. There’s a lot of great people out there. I just keep going back and forth between those schools.”

According to Steiner, he has built a strong relationship with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams.

“We’re very close,” Steiner said. “For one, our personalties are very similar. When he speaks his mind he speaks his mind. When he doesn’t need to speak it, he doesn’t. When he does, he’s usually right about things. That’s kind of how I am for the most part. He’s very straight forward. He doesn’t beat around the bush. I don’t like beating around the bush either.”

Steiner does not yet know what time his announcement will take place Tuesday.

When asked if he was ready to reveal his choice, Steiner replied, "Yes sir."