2021 4* DT Lee Hunter Commits to AU!

ellitor

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd prefer that he sticks it out and plays if/when his team plays. It's not a huge deal, but that's my personal preference.

WE ARE FULLY aware that this is your personal preference. You did not have to state it because it was understood! lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Zero value in this dude playing anymore high school ball in a poop storm of a year like this. Zero. Hit the books, hit the weights, graduate in January if at all possible and take that next step towards pay day. Your current coaches and teammates are very, very grateful for what you've already given them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Someone please tell me you cant fit a child-seat in a Charger.......

Loving the idea of this beast in O&B!

• Like 1

There was a previous post that stated they had seen this young man at practice and he looked like he was in beast mode his fitness had greatly improved. So if he did that through Spring and summer I would be very happy to have him continue working out and getting stronger and fitter as opposed to playing.  Less chance of Injury and we get a better version of an already great player. With team being quarantined for 14 days this is a wise decision on the young mans part. 

• Like 1

The only reason i would care if Lee plays or not for his HS team is if he stops working to get better. If he decides not to play and then decides its an opportunity to take it easy for a few months then that is a problem and a sign he won't make it in college. 

If he opts out and keeps working hard to get better and stay in shape then there is nothing to worry about. He is just making a reasonable decision and preparing himself for the next level where it really matters in regards to getting him to his ultimate goal. His goal in HS was to get to Div 1 so he can then get to NFL. He has his Auburn offer and spot so HS goal has been completed. 

• Like 1

any idea if this cat can enroll at Auburn the way The Jet did?

How about he test out and enroll?

That's the only way to keep the money from West Al from flowing in.   With a small kid, money talks. 

On 8/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, jared52 said:

His team was put on a 14 day quarantine.

hes from mobile right? they were one of the rare counties that were still getting pummeled after the mask mandate

I dont think theres anyway those schools meet in person long term anyway

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

That's the only way to keep the money from West Al from flowing in.   With a small kid, money talks. 

I'm not negating your statement, but this all could've happened if he still had a season. I think the aspects that made him love Auburn so early should still work for him even now

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beaker said:

@Beaker Doubt it. As @Rednilla pointed out in the MJJ thread, graduating HS a full year early while meeting all the NCAA's HS requirements, is quite a bit more difficult than graduating 1 semester early as most EEs do. Also even if Lee could do that we couldn't take him now because MJJ took the last of the 25 spots of new enrollies for 2020.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE ARE FULLY aware that this is your personal preference. You did not have to state it because it was understood! lol.

Some around here seem to be able to understand things, others not so much. It pays one to address his remarks to the lowest level, which, it seems, I accomplished this time.

• Haha 2

This could be viewed an athlete displaying an incredible amount of maturity and focus. Some might not view it that way. I doubt if anybody on the board knows Lee Hunter well enough to really comment intelligently on his situation. (I realize intelligent comment is not a staple of bulletin boards). I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I was very happy when Derrick Brown came back for his senior year, but I couldn't have faulted him at all had he entered the draft. I was ecstatic for him when his decision paid off for him with top of the 1st round NFL money.  Lee may be a similar talent, and only he and his family can really judge what's best for him.  I hope his path also leads to a big NFL payday.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some around here seem to be able to understand things, others not so much. It pays one to address his remarks to the lowest level, which, it seems, I accomplished this time.

df.gif

• Love 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker Doubt it. As @Rednilla pointed out in the MJJ thread, graduating HS a full year early while meeting all the NCAA's HS requirements, is quite a bit more difficult than graduating 1 semester early as most EEs do. Also even if Lee could do that we couldn't take him now because MJJ took the last of the 25 spots of new enrollies for 2020.

I knew my comment was a pipe dream.   My son graduated early from HS and he started setting up his schedule for that fall semester of his freshman year!  Every elective he could went to graduating early.   I have no idea how MJJ did this 2 semesters early.  I know different states have different requirements and summer school isn't always a bad thing.     Still amazed and happy for him. 

I don't doubt Hunter's  love for Auburn.  But money talks.   I just hope his family has support for the next 2-3 yrs.

I once heard of a guy loving Auburn so much, his family moved to Auburn,  he got an Auburn  tat and still went west to play football.    Doubt that could ever really happen, but 'stranger things have happened'  right?

Edited by Beaker

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I once heard of a guy loving Auburn so much, his family moved to Auburn,

Foster moved to Auburn from Troup County, Ga before AU was heavy in the mix for him. His moving didn't have to to with love for AU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It takes early planning, at least if it's the same as when I was in high school. I could have graduated a semester early if I had wanted to take English and Government fall semester, but I would have had to taken some summer school classes to graduate a full year early. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I don't doubt Hunter's  love for Auburn.  But money talks.   I just hope his family has support for the next 2-3 yrs.

AU, as most schools do, plays the game too FWIW.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Noooooo.   Don't pull the curtain back.   Please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lee was going to play his senior season. Was going thru all the spring and summer workouts. Couple of his teammates tested positive for Cov-19, he has a infant kid at the house, so he decided to sit out. Legit reasoning. All AU right now. Does need to get into some kind of workout regimine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Some can play a lot harder than others. Some play the game the right and smart way. Let you guess which ones fall into those two categories. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Some can play a lot harder than others. Some play the game the right and smart way. Let you guess which ones fall into those two categories. 

Some play the game  (system), and others “game the system “! 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We are in trouble

Not necessarily. He's done this before & nothing came of it.

Per Keith someone close to Lee says wouldn't put any stock into the tweet.

• Thanks 2