Watching games without cable

BJCrawford

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Cable Guy is very hurt at the things that are being said in this thread. CUTTING THE CORD?! He wants to know why you do not need him anymore?!?! lol.

trtr.jpg

Get out of here with your comedy. We are trying to have a serious conversation on better ways to watch FOOTBALL!

:tease:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Cable Guy is very hurt at the things that are being said in this thread. CUTTING THE CORD?! He wants to know why you do not need him anymore?!?! lol.

trtr.jpg

Back then cable seemed actually affordable haha, now it’s

273C900E-4DCF-4146-A173-D8C1E696DABC.gif

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

What kind of antenna? How far away are you from broadcast towers too? 

So we have two $20ish antennas from Walmart that sit next to the TV. They have a 45 mile range. Luckily the furthest tower is about 8 miles away, so I know that it's not always feasible for people who are in more rural areas. Funny thing is that we live too close to one tower, like .2 miles, so it hardly picks up. It also happens to be CBS, which is a real bummer. 

16 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

So we have two $20ish antennas from Walmart that sit next to the TV. They have a 45 mile range. Luckily the furthest tower is about 8 miles away, so I know that it's not always feasible for people who are in more rural areas. Funny thing is that we live too close to one tower, like .2 miles, so it hardly picks up. It also happens to be CBS, which is a real bummer. 

Haha that sucks. Go ahead and get YouTube tv.  It’s probably the best package for sports fans and local channels come with. Also has Disney if you have little tots around the house.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

if you have little tots around the house.

That's an old man word. You're getting old Jeffy!

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's an old man word. You're getting old Jeffy!

Turned 30 yesterday. It’s all down hill from here.

Had to delete 2 posts with illegal streaming options. Please keep posts to legal options peeps. Thanks!

What if you live overseas? What is a good free internet stream to use? Been my only way to watch AU football for the past 13 years. All be it at 2:30am and 6:00am on Sunday mornings. 🥴

Cut the cord two years ago. I have an antenna in my attic. Pick up all local stations for my area in South Carolina.. ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. Use the fire tv for streaming. I recommend Hulu live tv especially if you can’t pick up local channels with antenna as it offers local channels at least in my area. Several good options out there. PM me for more info. 

We are Slingers. I cut the cord last year and had good luck with Sling and saved a lot of money. Plus after football and basketball was over I cut the Sling off and will just start it back in a few weeks. Spectrum had gotten way to high for a lot crap we didn't even watch.

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

Cut the cord two years ago. I have an antenna in my attic. Pick up all local stations for my area in South Carolina.. ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. Use the fire tv for streaming. I recommend Hulu live tv especially if you can’t pick up local channels with antenna as it offers local channels at least in my area. Several good options out there. PM me for more info. 

Until NFL loosens its connection w/ Directv and NFL games, I am stuck. I hope the NFL opens up streaming options for NFL games, then I can cut the cord off my Directv and stream most anything i need.

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

We are Slingers. I cut the cord last year and had good luck with Sling and saved a lot of money. Plus after football and basketball was over I cut the Sling off and will just start it back in a few weeks. Spectrum had gotten way to high for a lot crap we didn't even watch.

My mind immediately cut to the commercial of Ron and Tammy and got a good chuckle. Thanks for that fam!!! Love that commercial! lol.

tr.jpg

YoutubeTV here.  Like it so far but haven’t been through a football season yet.   Hefty delay vs OTA which May come into play when texting about Gus’ &#%! play-calling this season. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

My mind immediately cut to the commercial of Ron and Tammy and got a good chuckle. Thanks for that fam!!! Love that commercial! lol.

tr.jpg

Glad you got the joke.

Sling TV orange with added sports package that includes SEC network on the ROKU.  i update my roku every 2 years.  I noticed after 2 years they have trouble streaming regardless of my internet speed.   Roughly 50 dollars every month and then i cancel the service at the end of the season. 

Cut the cord months ago and use Hulu Live TV.  Love it, wish I had done it sooner.  

On 7/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, BJCrawford said:

When you get the package that includes espn, do you have access to all of espn game plan games as well?

The sling package with espn just has all the regular espn channels.   Currently I have the plan with fox sports so I can watch the braves but will switch back to the espn plan when football starts.  

Youtube TV is the answer!

Love it! Wife loves it.

Stream through Roku and iPad, Mac, etc.

Can watch at work on computer.

Unlimited DVR.

Cut my cable bill from $205/month to $65/Month.

$50/month for Youtube TV.

3 hours ago, aubietiger14 said:

The sling package with espn just has all the regular espn channels.   Currently I have the plan with fox sports so I can watch the braves but will switch back to the espn plan when football starts.  

What plan do you have with Fox Sports to see the Braves & what's the cost?

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What plan do you have with Fox Sports to see the Braves & what's the cost?

It's probably SlingTV Blue. It's $25 a month.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It's probably SlingTV Blue. It's $25 a month.

They just raised that price. It's $ 35 per month for the sports package. 

So I just signed up for a free trial of YouTube TV.  Obviously, I'm not watching live college football at the moment, but so far I am really liking what I am seeing.  It is easy to use and streams flawlessly so far on my two Smart TV's.  I have not tried it on the TV on the deck yet, which is a ways away from our wireless router, so I may need a booster to get a good stream out there.

I'm a couple of days in to the trial and kind of kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Youtube TV is the answer!

Love it! Wife loves it.

Stream through Roku and iPad, Mac, etc.

Can watch at work on computer.

Unlimited DVR.

Cut my cable bill from $205/month to $65/Month.

$50/month for Youtube TV.

That’s basically what mine is now, 65 for internet, and 50 your YouTube tv, instead of almost $170 a month for both cable and internet 

Archived