Michael Brown was Murdered

Auburn85

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Oh good grief. Hyperbolic nonsense. Garner cooperates and he’s here today. 

Death for being a human being WHILE BLACK....

Redneck at the local honky tonk does this 52 weeks a year and still goes home to the trailer...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I used to live in Madison also. It is a true international mixture of races and ethnicities. While the Madison police are famous for being jerks about stop sign ambushes and speeding tickets for two mph over, I never saw or heard of any systemic bullying like you are describing. If white privilege belief is real at your house, it is because you are teaching it to your kids, as are your friends who are terrified to let their teens drive to school.  Madison and Huntsville are well known to be very progressive areas, not the old south hick towns you are describing.

You are, quite simply, wrong. Yes there are people from different countries and races residing there. But they are not necessarily welcomed with open arms by everyone. North Alabama is not all that inclusive. And how dare you accuse me of teaching my children the truth.....white privilege is a known, proven phenomenon. It exists. They were raised to be respectful of all people, and were not raised to be racists. Your insinuation is quite frankly very ugly.

Oh...and my friends to whom I was referring do not all live in Alabama. You seem to be prone to making big assumptions that are based on nothing. Have you never heard of Triana, and what happened to those poor people who lived there? 

Actually, it was my son who noticed during our daily commutes, that almost every time we saw a car pulled over by police in Madison it was driven by a black person. He was maybe around 9-10 years old at the time. I had never paid any attention to it before then. Once I did start looking, I discovered he was right. My family all started to pay attention to it after that. Children often see things clearly that adults have become blind to.....or don't want to acknowledge.

Madison and Huntsville like to portray that progressive image, but it is very much a false one. Madison County depends heavily on government defense spending so it is a place where war is good for business, and people are mainly republican voters. It is also a Southern Baptist/Church of Christ/Holiness enclave, so in reality there is not much about that area that is progressive outside of the technology developed there. The majority of the population is not progressive, and in most ways the area is still an old hick town oddly full of very conservative mid-westerners, the locals who run the support and service businesses that feed off of defense contractors, and a spattering of immigrants mainly working in technology or medicine.
I lived there for over 20 years and worked with people from all walks of life. I know plenty about what that area is and isn't.

14 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

white privilege is a known, proven phenomenon. It exists.

No, it isn't.

You understand that the FBI tracks crime and arrest statistics, right?

By what metric does "white privilege" exist? Your anecdotal evidence coming from your 9-10 year old son LMAO?  

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Death for being a human being WHILE BLACK....

Redneck at the local honky tonk does this 52 weeks a year and still goes home to the trailer...

Huh? Okay, this is getting bizarre. If you and belle think cops sit around and think about all the people they can kill because of their race and shield others because of their race, there’s nothing left to discuss. You haven’t addressed the fact that the police were there because of repeated complaints from local business owners. There were multiple cops there because of Garner’s previous actions. Garner became non-compliant. It became physical and he died as a result. 

If you really believe that Panteleo would’ve acted differently if Garner was white, that’s unbelievable. Panteleo was going to do what he was going to do regardless. 

I suppose all the UTCs I received as teenager was because of my privilege. Or maybe all the times my friends and I taken out of the car and searched was also because of privilege. Perhaps the police didn’t realize we were white and forgot to give us our free pass. I also forgot to accuse the state’s first black female trooper who was known as “The Black Widow” (a nickname she loved) of racially profiling me for stopping me and giving me a citation.  Or maybe I just deserved a ticket for what I was doing  

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Huh? Okay, this is getting bizarre. If you and belle think cops sit around and think about all the people they can kill because of their race and shield others because of their race, there’s nothing left to discuss. You haven’t addressed the fact that the police were there because of repeated complaints from local business owners. There were multiple cops there because of Garner’s previous actions. Garner became non-compliant. It became physical and he died as a result. 

If you really believe that Panteleo would’ve acted differently if Garner was white, that’s unbelievable. Panteleo was going to do what he was going to do regardless. 

I suppose all the UTCs I received as teenager was because of my privilege. Or maybe all the times my friends and I taken out of the car and searched was also because of privilege. Perhaps the police didn’t realize we were white and forgot to give us our free pass. I also forgot to accuse the state’s first black female trooper who was known as “The Black Widow” (a nickname she loved) of racially profiling me for stopping me and giving me a citation.  Or maybe I just deserved a ticket for what I was doing  

I agree in that I do not believe white police officers sit around with white hoods thinking of ways to target blacks. I do believe there are dirty law officers and they stick together and cover each others arse. I also know a few Barneys that think the uniform gives super powers........I also believe their numbers pale in comparison to those that respect and honor the badge........I can't imagine life without law enforcement.

18 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I agree in that I do not believe white police officers sit around with white hoods thinking of ways to target blacks. I do believe there are dirty law officers and they stick together and cover each others arse. I also know a few Barneys that think the uniform gives super powers........I also believe their numbers pale in comparison to those that respect and honor the badge........I can't imagine life without law enforcement.

There’s truth in this. 

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I am telling you that if Garner was white he would have gotten help quicker and he wouldnt have been treated as bad in the first place, yes.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am telling you that if Garner was white he would have gotten help quicker and he wouldnt have been treated as bad in the first place, yes.

Okay, then. As I am told as a police officer, where’s your proof of this theory? 

18 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

In Madison, AL where I used to live, an elderly gentleman  from India was almost beaten to death by a policeman for no reason. The poor old man did not speak English. He was in Alabama visiting his son, and had decided to talk a walk in the neighborhood. He was not armed, was not running away, or giving any indication of criminal activity at all. He was just strolling down his son's street one morning. He was racially profiled and it almost killed him. 

It’s misinformation/disinformation that foments mistrust of police. Parker didn’t “beat” the man. He was thrown to the ground, violently yes and probably deserved departmental and perhaps civil repercussions, but it wasn’t a beating. Also Parker’s case was tried in US Federal Court three times and the prosecution could never make a compelling case for a criminal civil rights violation. Also, the man wasn’t profiled. Parker was responding to a call from a neighborhood complainant about a “suspicious person” so I suppose it was the complainant who was profiling. 

14 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

You are, quite simply, wrong. Yes there are people from different countries and races residing there. But they are not necessarily welcomed with open arms by everyone. North Alabama is not all that inclusive. And how dare you accuse me of teaching my children the truth.....white privilege is a known, proven phenomenon. It exists. They were raised to be respectful of all people, and were not raised to be racists. Your insinuation is quite frankly very ugly.

Oh...and my friends to whom I was referring do not all live in Alabama. You seem to be prone to making big assumptions that are based on nothing. Have you never heard of Triana, and what happened to those poor people who lived there? 

Actually, it was my son who noticed during our daily commutes, that almost every time we saw a car pulled over by police in Madison it was driven by a black person. He was maybe around 9-10 years old at the time. I had never paid any attention to it before then. Once I did start looking, I discovered he was right. My family all started to pay attention to it after that. Children often see things clearly that adults have become blind to.....or don't want to acknowledge.

Madison and Huntsville like to portray that progressive image, but it is very much a false one. Madison County depends heavily on government defense spending so it is a place where war is good for business, and people are mainly republican voters. It is also a Southern Baptist/Church of Christ/Holiness enclave, so in reality there is not much about that area that is progressive outside of the technology developed there. The majority of the population is not progressive, and in most ways the area is still an old hick town oddly full of very conservative mid-westerners, the locals who run the support and service businesses that feed off of defense contractors, and a spattering of immigrants mainly working in technology or medicine.
I lived there for over 20 years and worked with people from all walks of life. I know plenty about what that area is and isn't.

If you are teaching your children that white privilege exists and is a known proven phenomenon, then you are teaching them racism.  I don't know what the race of your children is. If they are white you are doing a disservice to teach them they are defacto racists by being white. If they are black you are teaching them they don't have a chance in life due to evil white people.  Either one is wrong.  But I understand your position more clearly now. Way too many dastardly white republican Christian Southern Baptist Church of Christ evil perpetrators in your hick town.

“White privilege is an absence of the consequences of racism. An absence of structural discrimination, an absence of your race being viewed as a problem first and foremost.”

“When I talk about white privilege, I don’t mean that white people have it easy, that they’ve never struggled, or that they’ve never lived in poverty. But white privilege is the fact that if you’re white, your race will almost certainly positively impact your life’s trajectory in some way. And you probably won’t even notice it.”

Reni Eddo-Lodge, Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

“White privilege is an absence of the consequences of racism. An absence of structural discrimination, an absence of your race being viewed as a problem first and foremost.”

“When I talk about white privilege, I don’t mean that white people have it easy, that they’ve never struggled, or that they’ve never lived in poverty. But white privilege is the fact that if you’re white, your race will almost certainly positively impact your life’s trajectory in some way. And you probably won’t even notice it.”

Reni Eddo-Lodge, Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race

LMFAO.

Cultural upbringing and personal responsibility are literally the only things that impact the trajectory of your life.

Maybe instead of wasting your time and brain cells reading these race-baiting pseudo-intellectual trasheaps of "journalism" you should spend 10 minutes learning about the overwhelming disproportionate academic success of Nigerian immigrants in America (on top of other black immigrants from Africa, and the Caribbean).  I'm sure this will go over your head as like most race-driven Leftist clowns you likely view every single black person with the same lens, but there are black people on this planet who come from cultures which place overwhelming importance on academic success, and surprise surprise, black people from these countries absolutely crush it in America.  So what am I supposed to take away from this? That the entrenched "system of white privilege" apparently loves to keep black Americans down, but for some reason allows blacks from African countries like Nigeria to thrive at overwhelmingly disproportionate statistical rates?  Under your warped version of reality, shouldn't the African immigrants be even MORE oppressed by the "system"? Think about it: not only are they black, but they are IMMIGRANTS.  I mean, all white people hate immigrants, and they obviously hate blacks, so how are all these black Nigerians coming to America and getting Ivy League degrees, becoming doctors and engineers, etc?

"White privilege" exists and yet in America, a predominantly white nation, Asian-Americans outearn white Americans, are more educated than white Americans, face less violence than white Americans (ie: they are killed far less often), etc, etc, etc.  By literally every metric that means anything, Asian-Americans are even MORE "privileged" than white Americans.  You can't make this s*** up.  Last time I checked the poorest region in the country was the Appalachians...which just so happens to be about 90%+ white by demographics.  I guess "white privilege" hasn't made it to West Virginia yet, for some inexplicable reason.

And I love the mental gymnastics in the wording of the quote by "Reni Eddo-Lodge" that you just posted: " I don’t mean that white people have it easy, that they’ve never struggled, or that they’ve never lived in poverty".  What this is is a clever way to disqualify any actual SCIENTIFIC analysis in the claim, instead opting to default to an unspecified range of whataboutism logic wherein even if you grew up white and uneducated, living in a trailer park with parents that were meth heads, you are still "privileged" in some irrational way wherein you just didn't take advantage of your "whiteness" LMAO.

"Reni Eddo-Lodge is a British journalist with a focus on feminism and exposing structural racism." 

Any time you see a title like that, the lightbulb in your head should start going off.

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Okay, then. As I am told as a police officer, where’s your proof of this theory? 

so you are a police officer?

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you are a police officer?

Yes sir. I am currently assigned to patrol division. I have worked in Special Operations Unit, a narcotics task force, raid/SWAT team, Honor Guard, FTO, and use-of-force instructor and I’m sure many others I can’t remember. I am trying to invest and save as much as possible so I can retire the very day I’m eligible. 

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

If you are teaching your children that white privilege exists and is a know proven phenomenon, then you are teaching them racism.  I don't know what the race of your children is. If they are white you are doing a disservice to teach them they are defacto racists by being white. If they are black you are teaching them they don't have a chance in life due to evil white people.  Either one is wrong.  But I understand your position more clearly now. Way too many dastardly white republican Christian Southern Baptist Church of Christ evil perpetrators in your hick town.

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted here....and that's really saying something. You have no idea what "white privilege" even means, and you have the audacity and arrogance to try and mansplain it to me. I'm done here. Arguing with those who choose to be willfully stupid is a waste of time.

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted here....and that's really saying something. You have no idea what "white privilege" even means, and you have the audacity and arrogance to try and mansplain it to me. I'm done here. Arguing with those who choose to be willfully stupid is a waste of time.

Just responding to your post.  All I had to work with but your meaning is clear. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Yes sir. I am currently assigned to patrol division. I have worked in Special Operations Unit, a narcotics task force, raid/SWAT team, Honor Guard, FTO, and use-of-force instructor and I’m sure many others I can’t remember. I am trying to invest and save as much as possible so I can retire the very day I’m eligible. 

tough gig. i hope you realize your dream. personally i have always been treated more than fair by the police. and altho i never did anything really bad i did some stupid things. but i was taught to respect the badge and being polite and that went a long way. i got a serious question for you. i dislike bad cops because i believe they get good cops hurt or killed. what are your thoughts? not trying to argue at all. like when the sniper maybe in texas killed some cops for something they never did while the cop that enraged the guy to shoot apparently did. does that make any sense to you? i always feel guilty thinking that because i realize you guys put your life on the line every single time you put the uni on. am i wrong to call out a bad cop because the pub might hurt all cops? anyway stay safe and realize your dreams.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

tough gig. i hope you realize your dream. personally i have always been treated more than fair by the police. and altho i never did anything really bad i did some stupid things. but i was taught to respect the badge and being polite and that went a long way. i got a serious question for you. i dislike bad cops because i believe they get good cops hurt or killed. what are your thoughts? not trying to argue at all. like when the sniper maybe in texas killed some cops for something they never did while the cop that enraged the guy to shoot apparently did. does that make any sense to you? i always feel guilty thinking that because i realize you guys put your life on the line every single time you put the uni on. am i wrong to call out a bad cop because the pub might hurt all cops? anyway stay safe and realize your dreams.

Thank you. Yes, those of us that do all that we can to represent our profession the right way get angry/disgusted when we see stuff that’s wrong and will also make us look bad just because we’re in the same profession. The South Carolina shooting, Tamir Rice, and even the Parkland HS shooting where the deputy acted cowardly is so disappointing and angering. It’s my honest to goodness opinion that the majority of the shootings that have taken place have been because of inordinate fear and lack of training. Some of course stupidity which I guess could lead back to the hiring process and again training. For example, the officer that shot Philando Castile acted so frightened and scared it was if he were hunting zombies. Again, I don’t believe there was anything nefarious with Garner other than not calling for medical help sooner. 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, jj3jordan said:

Let's see. Knocked over a convenience store, assaulted the owner, got stoned, walked down the middle of a street, and attacked a cop.

He actually didn't rob a convenience store. More video came out to show that he didn't. I think with this case and others people need to ignore the media and actually read the reports. The movie Strange Fruit explores facts instead of media unsupported facts. At first i did think Mike may have brought it upon himself but after reading the reports and the crime scene shots...the officer did use excessive force and was not up front. The police department cleary made mistakes from the start in handling evidence since he was one of theirs.

3 hours ago, metafour said:

LMFAO.

Cultural upbringing and personal responsibility are literally the only things that impact the trajectory of your life.

Maybe instead of wasting your time and brain cells reading these race-baiting pseudo-intellectual trasheaps of "journalism" you should spend 10 minutes learning about the overwhelming disproportionate academic success of Nigerian immigrants in America (on top of other black immigrants from Africa, and the Caribbean).  I'm sure this will go over your head as like most race-driven Leftist clowns you likely view every single black person with the same lens, but there are black people on this planet who come from cultures which place overwhelming importance on academic success, and surprise surprise, black people from these countries absolutely crush it in America.  So what am I supposed to take away from this? That the entrenched "system of white privilege" apparently loves to keep black Americans down, but for some reason allows blacks from African countries like Nigeria to thrive at overwhelmingly disproportionate statistical rates?  Under your warped version of reality, shouldn't the African immigrants be even MORE oppressed by the "system"? Think about it: not only are they black, but they are IMMIGRANTS.  I mean, all white people hate immigrants, and they obviously hate blacks, so how are all these black Nigerians coming to America and getting Ivy League degrees, becoming doctors and engineers, etc?

"White privilege" exists and yet in America, a predominantly white nation, Asian-Americans outearn white Americans, are more educated than white Americans, face less violence than white Americans (ie: they are killed far less often), etc, etc, etc.  By literally every metric that means anything, Asian-Americans are even MORE "privileged" than white Americans.  You can't make this s*** up.  Last time I checked the poorest region in the country was the Appalachians...which just so happens to be about 90%+ white by demographics.  I guess "white privilege" hasn't made it to West Virginia yet, for some inexplicable reason.

And I love the mental gymnastics in the wording of the quote by "Reni Eddo-Lodge" that you just posted: " I don’t mean that white people have it easy, that they’ve never struggled, or that they’ve never lived in poverty".  What this is is a clever way to disqualify any actual SCIENTIFIC analysis in the claim, instead opting to default to an unspecified range of whataboutism logic wherein even if you grew up white and uneducated, living in a trailer park with parents that were meth heads, you are still "privileged" in some irrational way wherein you just didn't take advantage of your "whiteness" LMAO.

"Reni Eddo-Lodge is a British journalist with a focus on feminism and exposing structural racism." 

Any time you see a title like that, the lightbulb in your head should start going off.

Congratulations! 

You totally met my expectations of you.

I try not to get into the discussions b/c frankly if you're not a black man in America like myself i don't think many will understand. I do think Mike B. had some ownership in how this incident occured but at the same time...looking at evidence....he was no longer a threat. I just don't agree with unloading a clip into someone when they clearly don't have a weapon and no longer are a threat. 

I respect police authority but at the same time i don't' trust any of them...even the black cops(they can be even worse). I honestly hope to have to never have to be in the precense of one; which is a sad thing to say. But as we've seen...something so small can turn into a sad life changing event. It's just amusing to me how mass shooters continue to live and taken into custody with no problem but unarmed black men end up dead. It's all really sad. 

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Thank you, it's because of you and your fellow officers that my family can rest easy at night..........YouTube is full of police activity videos that can give anyone the oppurtunity to see what its like to stand in an officers shoes.

5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He actually didn't rob a convenience store. More video came out to show that he didn't. I think with this case and others people need to ignore the media and actually read the reports. The movie Strange Fruit explores facts instead of media unsupported facts. At first i did think Mike may have brought it upon himself but after reading the reports and the crime scene shots...the officer did use excessive force and was not up front. The police department cleary made mistakes from the start in handling evidence since he was one of theirs.

He stole cigars and assaulted the owner a diminutive Pakistani or Indian.  That’s been stipulated already.

Archived