2021 Recruiting Thread (Update: 8/17/20)

ellitor

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'll just say, he has no desire to be a HC again. 

You have no idea how much I want this to be the case.  A long term fit on offense would do us wonders.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You have no idea how much I want this to be the case.  A long term fit on offense would do us wonders.

It would be nice to have a consistently successful offensive scheme to pair with Steele’s remaining years as a defensive coach. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Just one question,  who is Curt? 

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

A 3 year fit would too FWIW.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Like he said, long term, lol. (Just a joke about how transitory the coaching profession has become.)

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Like he said, long term, lol. (Just a joke about how transitory the coaching profession has become.)

Yeah, I consider anything three years or more at a non-HC position to be long term these days.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yup 3 years is long term in football nowadays. lol

Keith says we are getting another commit this week. Confidence level 10 out of 10.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith says we are getting another commit this week. Confidence level 10 out of 10.

On a scale of PBR to Woodford Reserve, how excited should we be?

1 minute ago, Tiger1992 said:

Not a beer connoisseur & don't know who the recruit is so I have no idea.

I will say that Gus and every iteration of his staff have demonstrated that we should be excited about almost any commitment at this stage of the game. Not out of "anything's better than nothing" desperation- quite the opposite. And with the big haul this past weekend, it sure feels like we've leveled up in the one area we needed to most. 

So if we're getting a guy this week, then I'm very excited no matter who he is. I don't think there's much of a chance that we take anything less than very high potential at this stage. 

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is so you, E 😆

I'm a liquor man. Not ashamed of it.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Nor should you be, but Woodford Reserve is bourbon, fyi.

Just saw that on Google. I had never heard of it before but will try any liquor.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just saw that on Google. I had never heard of it before but will try any liquor.

Woodford is one of those brands that is often the best option on a limited menu, like on a plane or at an open bar event. There are others I prefer at that price but I would never say a bad word about Woodford. 

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm a liquor man. Not ashamed of it.

On a scale from Dickel to Pappy Van Winkle, how excited should we be?

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Woodford is one of those brands that is often the best option on a limited menu, like on a plane or at an open bar event. There are others I prefer at that price but I would never say a bad word about Woodford. 

It's a perfect go-to bourbon.

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

Nice, I went to the Woodford distillery last year while taking a vacation to tour the bourbon trail with my wife and another couple. Woodword was beautiful. Great trip. 

16 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Nice, I went to the Woodford distillery last year while taking a vacation to tour the bourbon trail with my wife and another couple. Woodword was beautiful. Great trip. 

@ellitor, I promise this is my last contribution to this sidebar, but Mrs. Loof suggested the other night that the bourbon trail be one of our priorities when we have an opportunity to travel again (particularly sans kids). You can imagine the fight that I *did not* put up.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@ellitor, I promise this is my last contribution to this sidebar, but Mrs. Loof suggested the other night that the bourbon trail be one of our priorities when we have an opportunity to travel again (particularly sans kids). You can imagine the fight that I *did not* put up.

Last post on this, sorry. It was a lot of fun. Our foursome made it a foodie/broubon tour. We started in Atlanta, drove to Nashille for a stay, moved on to Louisville for a few days of touring, then on to the Gold Coast of Chicago, then made our way back through Lexington to finish the bourbon tour. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Well put. I like Woodford, but actually my go to is Buffalo Trace.

10 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Last post on this, sorry. It was a lot of fun. Our foursome made it a foodie/broubon tour. We started in Atlanta, drove to Nashille for a stay, moved on to Louisville for a few days of touring, then on to the Gold Coast of Chicago, then made our way back through Lexington to finish the bourbon tour. 

Dangit. I wish I hadn't promised not to comment any more.

Um, your foodie/bourbon 2021 Recruiting trip is easily a 5* on the TripAdvisor 247 composite....

10 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Well put. I like Woodford, but actually my go to is Buffalo Trace.

tenor.gif

Archived