How good was Auburn’s Defense?

RunInRed

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Somebody teaches these guys Teamwork.  Impressive as I believe that's by design.

That is absolutely by design.  The DT is supposed to blow that up and give the LB behind him the opportunity to make the play.  Brown destroys the RG like a hungry rhino and Britt closes like a lion on a helpless gazelle.  The execution was perfect!   (sorry I’ve been watching NatGeo with my kids)

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Can we keep Tulane under 100 yards rushing? Would love to see that.

That would be impressive, Tulane has rushed for at least 100 yards in 41 (forty one!) consecutive games. I'm most concerned about their receivers vs our secondary and won't be surprised if they pull off 3 or 4 huge pass plays this game. On the other hand I can see our receiving corp pretty well toying with their DBs so long as Bo is on.

That is impressive. This team is going to give us fits. They have a running QB who can throw. It would be very impressive for our defense to hold them in check. 

But that is exactly what I expect them to do. We win with defense this year. They will dominate. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, AU64 said:

Little was made of the bad late game decision by Oregon to for it on fourth and a foot on their 40 which despite Herbstreit's urging, turned out to give AU the ball in very good field position. 

Their coach called back to back timeouts trying to get the injured Herbert back in the game, but he didn’t know the rules. Given a freshman QB taking his first snap, was a lock it was going to be a run. 

I think our team speed will neutralize a lot of Tulane's option offense. Our defense has to be one of, if not possibly the best in the conference. I look to see the O-line to dominate the line of scrimmage. I do not think this team will take Tulane lightly whatsoever and I think Coach Steele will have to defense playing at a fast and ferocious level. I hope we start out with a mission to take the game away from Tulane from the onset and not let up.

We will not face an offense like Tulane's the rest of the season. Pass heavy teams are going to struggle against us in that if their QB is not mobile, we will make life rough indeed for them.  When I looked at the SEC QB rushing stats in game one, not many had any rushing yards like Bo.  If our corners can establish a solid lock down mode, our defense will only get better and better. 

Do I know what I am talking about? Maybe, or maybe not! 😁

On 9/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, tigerwings said:

Derrick Brown makes Britt look good on this play. Pancakes the Right Guard and  a nice clean alley straight to the ball carrier.

Britt tips Brown with the swat on his butt.  Great D Tackles make really good LB's look all world.  That one was just fantastic play from both.  That right play there is absolutely textbook coordination between those two.  I'm absolutely certain Kevin Steele played that one over and over about fifteen times during film review on Sunday.  That's just freaking beautiful.

Archived