Who gets more RB2 carries against Arkansas?

dyehardfanAU

Most RB2 Carries vs. Arkansas?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB would backup Kam Martin the most?

• DJ Williams
    • Shaun Shivers
    • Malik Miller

On 10/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, AUsince72 said:

Not that I take "Press Conference Gus" that seriously but didn't he already say DJ would finally get some real work?

If it is a close game, I don't think DJ will even sniff the field unless somebody brings him a blade of grass.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

I agree. It's interesting how LSU showed us, just a week later, what a powerful offense can do to Florida. LSU, UGa and bama defenses can all be scored on but you better bring along an offense that can do the job.

Burrow completed 21/24 passes vs Florida. That's 87.5%. He's at 80% on the season and many of those are downfield, not simple screens. I don't recall ever seeing anything like that before now, it simply isn't human. Whoever beats LSU this season will have to find some way to stop that 80% completion rate.

As to who gets the carries, there will have been two weeks of practice before the Arky game. The players will have answered that question themselves by their performance in practice.

I don't think it will be either one, but why put Malik in but not Kam Martin? I think Kam has the second most carries this year. Malik has almost exclusively played as a 3rd Down Back. 

The optimal first two RBs you'd like to see against this team would be DJ and Shivers. Kam is a known quality and it's meaningless for Malik or Joiner to get touches since they wont be big factors against anyone good (Joiner has been black balled since that recovered fumble and Malik is just another pass blocker)

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Burrow completed 21/24 passes vs Florida. That's 87.5%. He's at 80% on the season and many of those are downfield, not simple screens. I don't recall ever seeing anything like that before now, it simply isn't human. Whoever beats LSU this season will have to find some way to stop that 80% completion rate.

Bert Jones wasn't half bad😁

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The optimal first two RBs you'd like to see against this team would be DJ and Shivers. Kam is a known quality and it's meaningless for Malik or Joiner to get touches since they wont be big factors against anyone good (Joiner has been black balled since that recovered fumble and Malik is just another pass blocker)

This. If anything, we might see a lot of passing to hopefully get Bo back on track. 

21 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

He did before he had his knee injury. Staff seems to think differently fwiw.

I see more Barber than Pettway personally, but he was a very effective RB before he got hurt. Folks thought he came in here as an H- I'm still baffled why- but he was an RB all the way. People don't understand how significant that injury was in his development. He was clearly still not recovered last year. Not sure if he'll ever get all the way back but he's not a bum. 

23 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Orgeron is arguably the 2nd best HC in the conference. 

At this point, I'd be curious to hear the arguments against it. 

I'm not sure he could be nearly as successful anywhere else, but I'm equally unsure that it matters. 

I didn't see a choice for Kam Martin, but I would have said he would get more carries.  I think DJ Williams will be the main guy shortly, but is still being eased in.

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

At this point, I'd be curious to hear the arguments against it. 

I'm not sure he could be nearly as successful anywhere else, but I'm equally unsure that it matters. 

Sometimes the fit is what matters most! 

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Bert Jones wasn't half bad😁

Jones was good, but I don't think he completed 80% of his passes. I question if Burrow can maintain this other worldly statistic. Right now Burrow is throwing the ball 25+ yards downfield into a window the size of a basketball. He may keep it up, but I have my doubts. About Orgeron, he's done a good job at LSU but I think anybody with a reasonably good team and a QB completing 80% of his passes would be unbeaten at this point in time, maybe all year.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I didn't see a choice for Kam Martin, but I would have said he would get more carries.  I think DJ Williams will be the main guy shortly, but is still being eased in.

The title and the post are a bit misleading.  The post states which one will back up Kam Martin for the most carries.   

I still went with Joey G, call it a hunch.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I see more Barber than Pettway personally, but he was a very effective RB before he got hurt. Folks thought he came in here as an H- I'm still baffled why- but he was an RB all the way. People don't understand how significant that injury was in his development. He was clearly still not recovered last year. Not sure if he'll ever get all the way back but he's not a bum. 

Knee injury was devastating for him. Lost a lot of speed and took a long time to recover. He has gained much more weight as well. His ability to convert 3rd and longs on swing passes/screens is becoming meme worthy though.

3 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Knee injury was devastating for him. Lost a lot of speed and took a long time to recover. He has gained much more weight as well. His ability to convert 3rd and longs on swing passes/screens is becoming meme worthy though.

Yep, and I honestly think it informed his ball security issues last year, too. Thinking about a knee while trying to protect the ball, not a great recipe. 

I bet his upper body is jaaaaacked, lol. Those dudes that get lower extremity injuries spend a lot of time on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Jones was good, but I don't think he completed 80% of his passes. I question if Burrow can maintain this other worldly statistic. Right now Burrow is throwing the ball 25+ yards downfield into a window the size of a basketball. He may keep it up, but I have my doubts. About Orgeron, he's done a good job at LSU but I think anybody with a reasonably good team and a QB completing 80% of his passes would be unbeaten at this point in time, maybe all year.

I agree.......I do think he had over 80% with the Colts if memory serves........that is the Baltimore Colts for us elderly 😂

In my layman's opinion, Shivers will have the second most carries as he is most experienced tail  back Malzahn has, after Martin. And I don't have a problem with it.

• ellitor changed the title to Who gets more RB2 carries against Arkansas?

Archived