Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

I heard we just had the largest athletic donation in Auburn history last week:  $10 mil.

Think about it - that is the largest.   Anyone really think someone is going to convince A Greene to pay half of Gus' buyout and donate $13.5 mil to match it?  NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.         S Leath screwed Auburn.    Move on people.

We are now the 'Oklahoma State' of the SEC and stuck with Gus for at least 2 more seasons.  Dang, I just checked OK State W-L.   We are not even as good as their W-L record.

Gus won't admit he needs credible help on O (Law of the Lid) and can't fix the O Line riddles (Law of the Lid, part II).    His last good O Line were players Chiz recruited.

Gus also doesn't hate losing.   He rationalizes everything.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I heard we just had the largest athletic donation in Auburn history last week:  $10 mil.

Think about it - that is the largest.   Anyone really think someone is going to convince A Greene to pay half of Gus' buyout and donate $13.5 mil to match it?  NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.         S Leath screwed Auburn.    Move on people.

We are now the 'Oklahoma State' of the SEC and stuck with Gus for at least 2 more seasons.  Dang, I just checked OK State W-L.   We are not even as good as their W-L record.

Gus won't admit he needs credible help on O (Law of the Lid) and can't fix the O Line riddles (Law of the Lid, part II).    His last good O Line were players Chiz recruited.

I don't think that donation to the athletic department has much, if anything, to do with Malzahn; And I don't think that will keep him from getting canned this year. His defense won't be "You can't fire me! I just got you guys a $10M donation!" Ummm no bro.... you had zero to do with that. I think that money would've been donated regardless of who the coach was.

8 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I don't think that donation to the athletic department has much, if anything, to do with Malzahn; And I don't think that will keep him from getting canned this year. His defense won't be "You can't fire me! I just got you guys a $10M donation!" Ummm no bro.... you had zero to do with that. I think that money would've been donated regardless of who the coach was.

And maybe because of a possible coach to be...😁 ...money follows vision. Truth. 

10 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

And maybe because of a possible coach to be...😁 ...money follows vision. Truth. 

Hell, maybe they could use that $10M towards his buyout. I doubt whoever gave it would mind lol.

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Mike Gundy has several more double-digit win seasons than Gus, with considerably lower ranked recruiting classes.  With the talent Gus has had available at Auburn, Gundy would probably be destroying the Big 12.

15 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Mike Gundy has several more double-digit win seasons than Gus, with considerably lower ranked recruiting classes.  With the talent Gus has had available at Auburn, Gundy would probably be destroying the Big 12.

Absolutely a fact, but Gundy doesn't need SEC caliber talent to win 10 games in "Longhorn 12".    I imagine if Gundy had come to Auburn and had Gus' players we wouldn't be in a pickle today.

A whole lot of "ifs" there and not trying to stir the pot.   Just a thought.  I respect the heck out of what he has done at OK State.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Yeah,  not quite sold  on KS as the HC

Patience, grasshopper. No one said anything about permanence.😉

16 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Absolutely a fact, but Gundy doesn't need SEC caliber talent to win 10 games in "Longhorn 12".    I imagine if Gundy had come to Auburn and had Gus' players we wouldn't be in a pickle today.

A whole lot of "ifs" there and not trying to stir the pot.   Just a thought.  I respect the heck out of what he has done at OK State.

Mike Gundy would die of excitement if he were able to recruit the caliber of players that Auburn can amass on both offense and defense.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, steeleagle said:

I would say, that would be the largest buyout in college history. Not sure I want that mentioned w/ my school.

I hate to wait to 2021 when it would be about half that.... and deal w/ 7-8 wins again. 

I am just tired of thinking about Gus....sorry.

Hmm largest buyout in college history vs wallowing in mediocrity football program for a few more seasons? This sounds like an easy choice, considering I have zero money involved in this. Are you a big time donor or booster?

Who cares if we pay the biggest buyout. It means we know BS when we see it. Even if we got swindled into taking such a deal.

44 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I was against all things Mike Gundy but I am starting to be much more open to him after being rebutted about his offensive philosophy .

I am not stumping for Gundy, only made a comparison of Auburn and OK State.   Now if we had Gundy, he would accept accountability for his team's performance. 

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Mike Gundy would die of excitement if he were able to recruit the caliber of players that Auburn can amass on both offense and defense.

His first order of business would be a barber visit. Mullets work better in West Vance....😉🤣

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

His first order of business would be a barber visit. Mullets work better in West Vance....😉🤣

He could bring Hockey Hair back into style!  All business up front and party in the back!  :flag:

8 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Of course he would...he's a man...

Some say that at one point he was 40, and definitely not a kid.

22 hours ago, Beaker said:

You do understand that was the largest given at one time right? 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So if I give a million a week for the next 11 weeks I can keep my name out of the papers?

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What's your take on the current situation?

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So if I give a million a week for the next 11 weeks I can keep my name out of the papers?

Theoretically, but you know someone at the school would talk.

Just send the money to me and I'll hold it for you until things cool down.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is a clown. 

No argument there. 

rewrew.png

23 hours ago, Beaker said:

We aren't stuck with Gus for two more years.  The buyout can be done.  No one relishes writing that check, but if it needs to be done it will be.  And there's a chance it could be reduced or avoided altogether if Gus finds a landing spot somewhere else.

Archived