Interesting Comments from our AD

Potatooooooes!!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Fired after a 9-win season without some off field scandal being involved? Les Miles went 9-3, then 2-2 the next year before being fired. That's the closest I can recall to a coach being fired for on-field performance after winning 9 or more games. The others fired after successful seasons were, to the best of my knowledge, involved in some sort of "conduct unbecoming".

Richt had no scandals that I’m aware of and he was fired after a 9 win season. Tommy Bowden had a 9 win season and was fired the next season after starting 3-3. No scandal with him either. Gus is a great enigma and will likely remain that. If he beats Bama, that will heal a lot of wounds. If he loses to them, he will have his 4th SEC record of .500 or less in 7 seasons. On the other hand, he has had two SEC West titles. UT and Nebraska serve as examples of ‘it can get worse’. LSU, UGA, and Clemson are examples of ‘it can get better’. But this much I know: Gus’s last two OCs are running offenses putting up ridiculously good numbers. The man who meddled with them and caused them to leave, is not. If Gus gets fired, it will be on him and no one else. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Richt had no scandals that I’m aware of and he was fired after a 9 win season. Tommy Bowden had a 9 win season and was fired the next season after starting 3-3. No scandal with him either. Gus is a great enigma and will likely remain that. If he beats Bama, that will heal a lot of wounds. If he loses to them, he will have his 4th SEC record of .500 or less in 7 seasons. On the other hand, he has had two SEC West titles. UT and Nebraska serve as examples of ‘it can get worse’. LSU, UGA, and Clemson are examples of ‘it can get better’. But this much I know: Gus’s last two OCs are running offenses putting up ridiculously good numbers. The man who meddled with them and caused them to leave, is not. If Gus gets fired, it will be on him and no one else. 

🏆

Y'all must be Malzahn fans. Why do I say that? why else  would you be posting names like Les Miles, Mark Richt Tommy Bowden. There are a lot of winning coaches Auburn could hire and you know it and so does Allen Greene. The longer Auburn keeps Gus, the longer we'll keep watching him turn out 8-5 or 7-6 records. I guess a lot of y'all happy with that. I also guess your happy watching Alabama win SEC and National Championship while Gus wins 7 to 8 wins every year.

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

But this much I know: Gus’s last two OCs are running offenses putting up ridiculously good numbers. The man who meddled with them and caused them to leave, is not. If Gus gets fired, it will be on him and no one else. 

It's amazing how well their offenses look.

They're not in the SECw in 3...2...1...

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's amazing how well their offenses look.

They're not in the SECw in 3...2...1...

That countdown started the minute I posted it. My response would be twofold. First, they’re not operating their offenses with a roster of top 10 talent. Second, SMU is in the same conference as UCF, which fared pretty well vs a Gus offense. (Like a Boy Scout, always prepared 😅)

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

That countdown started the minute I posted it. My response would be twofold. First, they’re not operating their offenses with a roster of top 10 talent. Second, SMU is in the same conference as UCF, which fared pretty well vs a Gus offense. (Like a Boy Scout, always prepared 😅)

To be fair, we didn't run their offenses while at Auburn 

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Guinness book of world records would need to send some reps down to the loveliest village because we would set a new record for apathy. 

uiuii.gif

tyrrtyrty.gif

56554.gif

Apathy:

https://i.imgur.com/v5fHXi3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KdTM5bG.jpg

If Greene keeps Malzahn for another year or 2 or 3, Greene may realize that his job could be on the line if he does keep that high school coach that we have.

If Alabama goes up something like 35-7 in the 2nd, it will be donw right awful to watch ton TV the fans walk out before half.time. Don't be shocked if that happens. If that should happen, I wonder how much love Greene will have for Malzahn and his coaching staff.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, EagleEye67 said:

The dreaded "vote of confidence."

Greene gave the same vote of confidence this time last year with an even worse W-L record.  He said Gus was the “Coach of the Future” and they retained his ass after that horrible record with losses to MSU and Ut and all of our main rivals.

Gus ain’t going anywhere any time soon.

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Apathy:

https://i.imgur.com/v5fHXi3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KdTM5bG.jpg

Taken way out of context and has no bearing.  The seats were empty due to students going home for Thanksgiving, it being cold, early, raining, and an easy game.  I sat in my seat the entire game and was frankly pretty miserable.  I don’t blame anyone not in their seats.  

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Greene gave the same vote of confidence this time last year with an even worse W-L record.  He said Gus was the “Coach of the Future” and they retained his ass after that horrible record with losses to MSU and Ut and all of our main rivals.

Gus ain’t going anywhere any time soon.

He then doubled down on himself and put all the onus on himself.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Taken way out of context and has no bearing.  The seats were empty due to students going home for Thanksgiving, it being cold, early, raining, and an easy game.  I sat in my seat the entire game and was frankly pretty miserable.  I don’t blame anyone not in their seats.  

Yeah I gave my tickets to the kids next door, I wasn’t about to drive 45 minutes and sit in that vs Sanford. I am apathetic to uncomfortable weather in November.

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If Alabama goes up something like 35-7 in the 2nd, it will be donw right awful to watch ton TV the fans walk out before half.time. Don't be shocked if that happens. If that should happen, I wonder how much love Greene will have for Malzahn and his coaching staff.

Do you seriously think Alan Greene has the slightest concern about his employment? 

Let me remind you that Jay Gouge is the University President and cares not one whit about any of the athletic programs.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, auburn4ever said:

Greene and Yellow Fellow will be speed dialing each other at that point.

Did this comment lose us some 4 star recruits? Geez I'm so sorry.

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Be prepared to see Auburn have another 8-4 record in 2020 if Greene keeps Malzahn for another year.

8-4/7-5 and we will have the same discussion again next year.  That is exactly what is going to happen Mark My Words.

34 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

8-4/7-5 and we will have the same discussion again next year.  That is exactly what is going to happen Mark My Words.

I just don't think the men in charge care too much about the record, if they did then they'd have already made a change.  They wouldn't need another year to wait around and see what transpires, WE all know what we've got and so to they.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, abw0004 said:

I only made it to halftime. Only the 2nd time I’ve ever left early, the other was 2012 Texas a&m

Archived