Middle Ground?

AUght2win

If there is one thing I have learned on this board is to just admit when you’re wrong instead of continuing to make an ass of yourself. Admit it and move on...Not directed at anyone in particular....just a thought...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:
39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The FG occurs because of ST. They are put in position by the offense. 

And sometimes by a combination of defense and punt return despite the offense.

Generally speaking, unless it's a game tying FG or a game winner as time is expiring, FG's are symbols of an Offensive failure to score touchdowns.

Don't think for yourself or even bother thoughtfully watching the game.  Just look at the score and parrot what the Statistics say.  After all, Auburn was an Offensive juggernaut in the UF (269 total yards), LSU (287 total yards) & GA (329 total yards....most in the 4th when GA prematurely went into prevent) games. 😐

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, when the defense scores they get credit.  Special teams isn't the offense.

Who gets credit for a punt return?

Weird you didnt answer the question

12 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Really?

stickbreak.gif

Seriously?

stickbreak2.gif

I love hockey already but my gosh have never seen a hockey image like the last picture.  Smart strategy, nobody would want to hit her with a slap shot. 

2 hours ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I have been a voice of criticism toward Gus this season and I continue to be critical of his play calling for sure. No doubt he was on his "A" game a week ago today. Making little nicky look like a monkey twice in one game was priceless. With that said Gus must either evolve as a play caller or bring in a new offensive coordinator and give him 100% control of the offense. Gus' long term survival at Auburn probably depends on it. With that said, I am going to sit back and enjoy the events of last weekend for a long time!

:wareagle:

Absolute truth!

40 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

If there is one thing I have learned on this board is to just admit when you’re wrong instead of continuing to make an ass of yourself. Admit it and move on...Not directed at anyone in particular....just a thought...

But...but...but...the threads (and the ignore lists) wouldn't be nearly as long. Nix, you have my admiration for practicing this very thing. Few who from time to time oppose "your/sometimes our" line of thinking have followed your example when it was needed. That fact alone speaks volumes. 

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I love hockey already but my gosh have never seen a hockey image like the last picture.  Smart strategy, nobody would want to hit her with a slap shot. 

I disagree....

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Weird you didnt answer the question

what site do you know that doesn't consider field goal kicks s offensive points

Umm... I linked one for you.

Here it is again.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/special-teams-points-per-game

7 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

You can’t take 2 plays out and say everything else stays the same. For example if the first pick did not happen, we very well may held them to punt and we would have the ball in good field position. We may have driven for a score. Who knows. If the second pick would have not happened I know for a fact we would have not kicked off and them return it for a TD. Then they would not hav e kicked off and Whitlow fumbled on the first play which they took in for a score. So while you can say if those 2 scores did not happen,  I can also say those plays also led to UA scores. All those scores did is make the scores in the 40’s instead of the 30’s. We still win.

And if the grounds had opened up and swallowed the Bama team after Bo scored the first touchdown, Auburn would have won 7-0. You're dealing with "what ifs." The fact is the AU D scored 2 touchdowns which helped AU to 48 Points. Without those 2, AU scores 34 and loses the game. 

7 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

And if the grounds had opened up and swallowed the Bama team after Bo scored the first touchdown, Auburn would have won 7-0. You're dealing with "what ifs." The fact is the AU D scored 2 touchdowns which helped AU to 48 Points. Without those 2, AU scores 34 and loses the game. 

Or if the ST miss a FG...

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I disagree....

I figured I was setting that one up ..

On 12/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, aucanucktiger said:

7 years in a row of being in the top 10 at some point during the season? 

Oh so this is why Gus is paid so much. Pre-season rankings are everything. Thanks for pointing this out.

5 hours ago, Methuselah said:

Everybody does.  Good grief.

The point's being missed that I was trying to make to 64 earlier. 45-48 may look like the O bailed out the D on the scoreboard but where did the 48 points come from? Fact is the offense stalled on 3 of Carlson's 4 FGs, all beyond 40 yards, and until the IB he was struggling from that range. The offense left points on the field.

15 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

The bammers I know keep using the backup QB excuse but I thought Jones played pretty well. The first INT was definitely on him but the second was one flukey and caused by our pressure on D. That really had nothing to do with yalls discussion but thought it was worth noting Jones played pretty good.

I bet they change that tune if you bring Colt McCoy into the discussion lol.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:09 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Another "fan" gonna "hold Gus accountable". I'm sure he's shaking in his shoes. How long til you figured out what happened on the last play dude? 7 years in a row of being in the top 10 at some point during the season? Malzahn is hoping he impresses you next season no doubt.

laughingJordan.gif

On 12/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, AURandy56 said:

But the whole premise of the original argument was "what if's". BB said "What if" we don't score 2 defensive TD's we lose the game. That's the whole point I am making if you want to play the what if game? Geez !!

Archived