Steve Smith Named HC at Tenn Tech

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Calling Tim Hudson, Tim Hudson please come down....

I know he supports the team, but I'm doubtful that a multimillionaire is going to want to make the required sacrifices of time and travel away from family to be an assistant college baseball coach. He could drop by the field and give the occasional pep talk but I don't see Tim doing anything beyond that.

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Calling Tim Hudson, Tim Hudson please come down....

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I know he supports the team, but I'm doubtful that a multimillionaire is going to want to make the required sacrifices of time and travel away from family to be an assistant college baseball coach. He could drop by the field and give the occasional pep talk but I don't see Tim doing anything beyond that.

DC6B5BE0-1B82-4226-9E64-F45BD12F80A5.gif

haha

• What happened with Matt Bragga at TT?  Didn't they go to Omaha, or just miss Omaha in 2018?
  • Edited to answer my own question.  Bragga got the job at Rice after Tech's run to the SR in 2018.  He was succeeded by Justin Holmes, who was just fired at Tech.

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Congrats to Coach Smith.....but DANG IT!  He did a stellar job at Auburn and I hate to see him leave.

But on the bright side, we’re talking baseball again!  Can’t wait for the spring. 

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

But on the bright side, we’re talking baseball again!  Can’t wait for the spring. 

The 2020 season starts on Friday, Feb 14th.......all you baseball fellas better come up with a plan. That's Valentine's Day and I'm giving you plenty of notice!   :laugh:

I'm going to request getting take-out and eating dinner at home while we watch my beloved Auburn baseball. That's my love language right there.....:hearts:

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

The 2020 season starts on Friday, Feb 14th.......all you baseball fellas better come up with a plan. That's Valentine's Day and I'm giving you plenty of notice!   :laugh:

I'm going to request getting take-out and eating dinner at home while we watch my beloved Auburn baseball. That's my love language right there.....:hearts:

Where did you gain your love for baseball? I can see how passionate you are about Auburn baseball. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Where did you gain your love for baseball? I can see how passionate you are about Auburn baseball. 

I was very close to my Dad growing up, and he was a huge Braves fan. On summer nights my Dad, my brother and I would sit on our screened porch listening to Braves games and drinking iced tea. I grew up admiring Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro and Bob Didier. We were overjoyed when TBS came along...lol. My BIL played MLB and we're just kind of a sports family. Baseball is my favorite because I love the fact that there's so much going on even when it seems like there isn't.....the intricacies and the strategies. 

I love the college game because it's just great baseball, and it's not as corrupted as most major college sports. The way they have it set up with MLB kind of eliminates some issues. I love Auburn baseball for all those reasons.....and you know....it's Auburn. My family has a long history of being Auburn boosters (almost 100 years) so there you go. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was very close to my Dad growing up, and he was a huge Braves fan. On summer nights my Dad, my brother and I would sit on our screened porch listening to Braves games and drinking iced tea. I grew up admiring Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro and Bob Didier. We were overjoyed when TBS came along...lol. My BIL played MLB and we're just kind of a sports family. Baseball is my favorite because I love the fact that there's so much going on even when it seems like there isn't.....the intricacies and the strategies. 

I love the college game because it's just great baseball, and it's not as corrupted as most major college sports. The way they have it set up with MLB kind of eliminates some issues. I love Auburn baseball for all those reasons.....and you know....it's Auburn. My family has a long history of being Auburn boosters (almost 100 years) so there you go. 

Thanks. I can appreciate that. I used to watch the Braves games every night on TBS with my grandfather. I hated it when they left TBS. Going to a baseball game is still America’s pastime. It’s timeless. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks. I can appreciate that. I used to watch the Braves games every night on TBS with my grandfather. I hated it when they left TBS. Going to a baseball game is still America’s pastime. It’s timeless. 

I agree. My Dad took us to see Reggie Jackson and Rollie Fingers when they played at Rickwood Field. It was just a great way to spend a summer evening in Birmingham. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:45 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Somebody might wanna' start a 2020 pre-season rankings thread.  Collegiate Baseball:  

Rank Team (2019 Final Record) Points
  1. Louisville (51-18) 497
  2. Vanderbilt (59-12) 495
  3. Texas Tech. (46-20) 491
  4. Miami, Fla. (41-20) 488
  5. Arizona St. (38-19) 485
  6. Mississippi St. (52-15) 483
  7. Georgia (46-17) 480
  8. Auburn (38-28) 477
  9. Arkansas (46-20) 475
10. Michigan (50-22) 473

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-12-16-19/

I’m hoping we can clear the 40 win mark this season in Omaha. 😉

On 12/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I agree. My Dad took us to see Reggie Jackson and Rollie Fingers when they played at Rickwood Field. It was just a great way to spend a summer evening in Birmingham. 

I went to several of those Baron's games when Jackson and Fingers were playing there. Also future MLB shortstop Bert Campaneris was on that team, as was Blue Moon Odom. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

Somebody might want to start a pre-season ranking thread....

Perfect Game's first 2020 top 25....

'19 Record '19 Rk 2019 Finish
1 1787.png Louisville 51-18 4 College World Series
2 1841.png Vanderbilt 59-12 1 College World Series Champions
3 1745.png Texas Tech 46-20 5 College World Series
4 1758.png Arkansas 46-20 6 College World Series
5 1564.png Arizona State 38-19 NR Baton Rouge Regional
6 1566.png Auburn 38-28 9 College World Series
7 1794.png Miami 41-20 23 Starkville Regional
8 1669.png Mississippi State 52-15 3 College World Series
9 1764.png UCLA 52-11 7 Los Angeles Super Regional
10 1775.png Georgia 46-17 14 Athens Regional