Bowl game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I’d bet the house on it. After that everything including the calls went minn way. We’d go up 14, and they wouldn’t have a chance 

Wow, the Gus delusion is strong in these two.

The problem is the whole team including the coaches have their head up their butts and no one has any idea what’s going on. They are weak minded and weak physically today. Looking at next year we will be lucky to go 6-6 so maybe we just have one more year to suffer this Poor excuse of a coach. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I thought his Toe was in the orange but it does not matter. If we lose this game it is because they are better coached on both sides of the ball and they are matching us physically. Their RB runs hard

Half his foot was clearly out before he even established possession. On their second to last drive, three clear holds were missed leading to their score, one of which was in the end zone and would have been a safety and our ball. The only thing I can say is, our play calling hasn’t been great and they liver got a field goal and a fumble recovery because tutt was stupid . Auburn needs to come out and attack them as the better and stronger team

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I think Minn only punted twice and we fumbled one of them. 

I hate to say it but I think that muffed punt was a turning point in the game. 

9 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Sorry but this game isn't on the refs. We lack intensity, urgency, and discipline. We're sleepwalking and Minnesota rightfully is taking it to us. We're getting whooped because we haven't showed that we want to play in this game.

Why can't it be both? 

Just now, around4ever said:

I hate to say it but I think that muffed punt was a turning point in the game. 

Completley...hope one comes in our favor soon.  We need this win badly.

If we can give Bo time our WRs are getting consistently open and seperation. The running game is a lost cause so far. We need to throw to set up the run.

Also we need to run bo more. On that pass to sal he could of ran easily for the first down to. There is lanes for him. He is going to have to be our leading rusher today.

Yep. We wasted a pick and they took advantage of the muffed punt. 

That and Malzahn's signature idiotic play calling/inability to keep the D off the field are a big part of this game.

The other is we are getting manhandled at the point of attack. 

So far, this is looking like a repeat of the 2017 Peach Bowl against UCF. AU badly being out coached and beaten by a team with inferior talent. Hoping to see us get the momentum back in the 2nd half. So far, MN wants this game much worse than AU.

We get ball to start the second half. We need to make a statement on O then after scoring we need to make a statement on D. The kind of adjustments I would like to see. Twice we have thrown to rb in the flat both times for no gain as the LB or safety was coming up hard. Pump it let the RB turnup field and go by the LB or safety who is coming up hard then throw it. We need to run slants over middle to keep the LB's honest then our run gain will work. Take advantage of our speed on O stretch the D.

Well let's see if Steele makes the appropriate adjustments. I expect more of the same from Gus and the offense. If the O doesn't start off strong with a good drive and at least a FG, this one is over. Clear to see who wants it more. 

3 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Every football game I’ve watched has had two halves and AU hasn’t given up in a game yet this year. As good as Minnesota has played they needed help from the refs to score. 

Don't get me wrong. It isn't the motivation of the players that I question. It is the mentality of the head coach. What game from this season, did he adjust his offense to be more productive against what the opposing defense was doing? 

Just now, Dan-0 said:

So far, this is looking like a repeat of the 2017 Peach Bowl against UCF. AU badly being out coached and beaten by a team with inferior talent. Hoping to see us get the momentum back in the 2nd half. So far, MN wants this game much worse than AU.

true so far

The defense is easily the most disappointing thing about this game. They are getting dominated up front and gashed in the run game. I think all of us going in to this were really confident that that is one way they weren't going to beat us......

Archived