Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Glad Brown went for a quality agent, not surprised as he's a very sharp guy. It's always kinda strange to see players leave the stadium after their final game often times with their agent. Kinda sinks in that it's all over at AU.

He finished well. 😢

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, B Fed said:

We are definitely worried about that.  He just signed an extension through 2026 before the Penn St. game (for whatever that is worth).  IMO, better to have a great coach for 5 years than a mediocre one for 20.  I don't know if we're happier that we got Fleck or Tanner Morgan came to Minnesota with him sight unseen.

B Fed, I meant to add, congratulations on a clearly deserved win. Top notch in every way. Enjoy this time.

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not reading that wall of text.  For anyone who did, is the future bright?

Yep, we will get better.  👍

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

He finished well. 😢

He's an all-timer at Auburn in every a player can be, on the field and off. A huge loss.

26 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I don't think the boat thing would be an issue mainly because it's now a Gopher thing. 

Bringing it to Auburn would seem forced and changing it to a plane thing or a car thing would seem forced.   

Similarly, I don't think our own lazy and insipid 'Gus Bus' term will be a thing when Gus is finally run out of town.   

Fleck is a great coach and the Gophers should do everything they can to keep him.

It's a PJ thing, not a Minnesota thing. He used the montra at Western Michigan well before Minnesota hired him.

53 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The guy waiting  in the background bailed out.....was not willing to wait....and probably was not as good as BN or he would have been playing.....or do you think Gus played his second best QB?  :dunno:

Meanwhile, the guy at Wake is not "some random"......he's a 6'-4 230 pound solid DT and IMO could have started  at AU...

And I'm hoping that BN will show a lot of improvement between seasons.... and looks like the job for helping that happen belongs to Chad Morris. 

As for Gus....you are mischaracterizing my view .....if he got fired tomorrow I would basically say "ho hum" and hope we find a good replacement.   I've just said that I have doubts about that but it's not my call.  Don't get all puffed up at me just because we don't agree.    If you want Gus fired....start a campaign and convince the AD that it needs to be done.  He has the authority and as you and others have claimed , there is money out there to pay the buyout.   All I have is opinions on the matter......so disagree if you wish but get off your high horse.  

I wish you'd stop the this guy is playing so we can say the other guy isn't as good....Gus has already shown at other positions and at QB he'll play the wrong guy. 

Come up with something else

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It's a PJ thing, not a Minnesota thing. He used the montra at Western Michigan well before Minnesota hired him.

I know.  But it's gotten so big that it's associated with the school.  It can only go on so long and be so popular before it becomes tiresome and the stale.   

Just how things go.  Time will prove me right or wrong on this.  

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I wish you'd stop the this guy is playing so we can say the other guy isn't as good....Gus has already shown at other positions and at QB he'll play the wrong guy. 

Come up with something else

And I’m a big fan of BO and think he can be a great QB, but JG could’ve helped this offense immensely and Gus flat out lied to him and then humiliated him

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

And I’m a big fan of BO and think he can be a great QB, but JG could’ve helped this offense immensely and Gus flat out lied to him and then humiliated him

I think so to, but to be honest I can't say I know one way or the other. I know the guy in front logic is dumb. 

And you're absolutely correct that guy did so much for this school it's a shame we didn't think enough of him to let him even TRY to pass.....but you can't have a QB battle.....have to protect Bo

Just now, cole256 said:

I think so to, but to be honest I can't say I know one way or the other. I know the guy in front logic is dumb. 

And you're absolutely correct that guy did so much for this school it's a shame we didn't think enough of him to let him even TRY to pass.....but you can't have a QB battle.....have to protect Bo

He could’ve put JG in against UF to get a spark, but he didn’t, and the whole “sideline” thing  against LSU, him putting in a one legged BW in his package was as much to do with the transfer as the scolding. JG should’ve gotten what he was told he would get, and he didn’t. I’m rooting for JG at UK, a guy that’s always been such a selfless guy, I’ll root for him the rest of his career, and I hate how things ended here for him

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

B Fed, I meant to add, congratulations on a clearly deserved win. Top notch in every way. Enjoy this time.

Thanks, we are finally starting to believe that we can have nice things up here.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a rematch in the CFP next year!

5 hours ago, War Damn Eagle! said:

Comment from a Yahoo post. Do not agree with the FSU part but all else is spot on.

”This is why nobody respects Auburn. They field storm and pop champagne and their coaches and players cry when they beat Alabama in a meaningless regular season game then they get embarrassed and dominated in there bowl game. Won kick 6 game vs Alabama, then got manhandled by Jameis Winston and Florida St in the title game. Beat Alabama in 2017, got manhandled by G5 UCF, beat Alabama this year and get stomped by Minnesota. Auburn keeps bottle popping when they beat Alabama as if that’s their title game. Does Nick Saban and Alabama fans pop champagne when they beat Auburn or do they realize there’s a bigger goal at stake? They don’t celebrate beating Auburn. Attention Auburn, win a game that means something and stop popping bottles when you win a reg season game va Alabama. Does THE Ohio St university pop bottles when beating Michigan? It’s called low sports self esteem Auburn, STOP IT”

Why can’t people (Yahoo) realize Alabama is on a whole other level?  Saban was pissed at their “disappointing” regular season, the players were pissed and the fans expect better from them than 2 losses.  

Auburn and the Administration and the BOT show us every season that they are satisfied with 4-5 loss seasons from this staff. Many of our fan base has consistently glossed over this staffs W-L record and performed mental gymnastics to blindly support the man in charge, that mentality won’t be accepted in our main rivals programs.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

He could’ve put JG in against UF to get a spark, but he didn’t, and the whole “sideline” thing  against LSU, him putting in a one legged BW in his package was as much to do with the transfer as the scolding. JG should’ve gotten what he was told he would get, and he didn’t. I’m rooting for JG at UK, a guy that’s always been such a selfless guy, I’ll root for him the rest of his career, and I hate how things ended here for him

Yeah, my biggest hurdle is not going at Bo because of obnoxious fans, because just like jg he just wants to play. Every kid deserves a chance to fight for a spot when they put in the work. The way we handled the situation was about as piss poor as it could go. I wish the best for everybody

Just now, cole256 said:

Yeah, my biggest hurdle is not going at Bo because of obnoxious fans, because just like jg he just wants to play. Every kid deserves a chance to fight for a spot when they put in the work. The way we handled the situation was about as piss poor as it could go. I wish the best for everybody

Yep, and while I’m a big bo fan, and I said it before the season if BO was named the starter, JG could take a lot of pressure off of him, but sadly we never saw that. We should’ve and JG deserved to get what he was told. When a guy is said to be “unstoppable in the redzone” but yet we never see it, that’s just baffling 

5 minutes ago, B Fed said:

Thanks, we are finally starting to believe that we can have nice things up here.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a rematch in the CFP next year!

Fleck has a staff that can get it done up there, it looks like he gets V-8 performance outta a bunch of 4 cylinder guys.  Those guys dominated the trenches and fought hard to bring down an SEC power.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, and while I’m a big bo fan, and I said it before the season if BO was named the starter, JG could take a lot of pressure off of him, but sadly we never saw that. We should’ve and JG deserved to get what he was told. When a guy is said to be “unstoppable in the redzone” but yet we never see it, that’s just baffling 

I’ve thought it had to be something festering between Joey and Gus, why else would he have been ignored and yanked off the field and then days quit and start looking for another school?

i watched that UK so called QB show out in their bowl game, if Stoops will give Joey free reign then he may do great things for them.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think what bothered me the most is how he let cord come in and throw the ball. He wouldn't let jg, Willis, Franklin, Barrett and I'm sure some of those guys couldn't throw but it was a slap in the face to do JG like that. 

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I know.  But it's gotten so big that it's associated with the school.  It can only go on so long and be so popular before it becomes tiresome and the stale.   

Just how things go.  Time will prove me right or wrong on this.  

Got an analogy for ya. Both PJ Fleck and I are elementary ed majors, so we know the why and how of building a cohesive community, with students first, extended to parents, the school, and and the community at large.  For years, because of my personality and passion, we were known near and far as the Garden Patch...nutshell, a learning environment of soil (basic foundation of facts and application), air (room to grow, breathe, explore, become), rain (constructive critique/challenge), and sunshine (praise, grace, encouragement... heavy on that). Having completed Master Gardener coursework but not hours (thanks to a return to the classroom), it was who I was, and as well, a tribute to my late (AU botany prof) dad. That was for the duration of my 12 years in my previous system.

When I changed districts and grade levels last year, I went with my other side...that of world traveler/missional servant. I entered a system with kids/families poised to make real changes in the world, becoming the WorldCafe WorldChangers.  I brought the blessing of so much personal travel opportunity into 212 so that my learners would be curious and have the ganas to go and serve as well. Everything about our learning environment reflects this.

I bet CPJF is multifaceted as well, and one day he may yearn for a new mantra. But even if not, if he were to bring Minnesota results, extrinsic and intrinsic to the Plains, I agree that he can row whatever he likes, regardless of how anyone in or outside the AU fanbase perceives it. ❤🦋

20190725_200152.jpg

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I’ve thought it had to be something festering between Joey and Gus, why else would he have been ignored and yanked off the field and then days quit and start looking for another school?

i watched that UK so called QB show out in their bowl game, if Stoops will give Joey free reign then he may do great things for them.

I just hope we aren't on the wrong side of karma with Gus leading us

1 hour ago, rophle said:

That motto would be endlessly ridiculed by our southern rivals, it works in the Midwestern area but no way works down here. I think he’s a great coach, but cheesy sayings will not work in SEC territory. 

Holy Mother, Auburn is the King of cheesy sayings and folks down here eat that crap up.

Example: A New Day, Earn It, Bring It, Auburn Fast, All In, Ride for the Brand are just a few in Gus’ tenure.  People love those  sayings even with a staff that averages 4-5 losses consistently.    

Rowing the Boat with an energetic coach like Fleck that would damn well work down here.  I’m buying the oars if this Admin ever gets the nerve to go after him.

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Got an analogy for ya. Both PJ Fleck and I are elementary ed majors, so we know the why and how of building a cohesive community, with students first, extended to parents, the school, and and the community at large.  For years, because of my personality and passion, we were known near and far as the Garden Patch...nutshell, a learning environment of soil (basic foundation of facts and application), air (room to grow, breathe, explore, become), rain (constructive critique/challenge), and sunshine (praise, grace, encouragement... heavy on that). Having completed Master Gardener coursework but not hours (thanks to a return to the classroom), it was who I was, and as well, a tribute to my late (AU botany prof) dad. That was for the duration of my 12 years in my previous system.

When I changed districts and grade levels last year, I went with my other side...that of world traveler/missional servant. I entered a system with kids/families poised to make real changes in the world, becoming the WorldCafe WorldChangers.  I brought the blessing of so much personal travel opportunity into 212 so that my learners would be curious and have the ganas to go and serve as well. Everything about our learning environment reflects this.

I bet CPJF is multifaceted as well, and one day he may yearn for a new mantra. But even if not, if he were to bring Minnesota results, extrinsic and intrinsic to the Plains, I agree that he can row whatever he likes, regardless of how anyone in or outside the AU fanbase perceives it. ❤🦋

20190725_200152.jpg

Well, yeah.  That's the thing.  I think Fleck is a great motivator and, like all great motivators, he'd be able to tailor his messaging to suit not only his target group but also his own changes in philosophy.   So in that sense we completely agree.  Don't think he's headed to AU, though, and I don't expect the boat to leave Minnesota as is. 

11 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

20190725_200152.jpg

You are a jewel Tora.  I know where you teach and there is a tremendous challenge in this school district in public education.  I had to send two through the private path because we didn’t have an option like your school at the time.  I’d do it all over again In a second, they received a quality Christian education and it formed the people they are today... one in Grad school and the other a Sophomore at AU.

You are changing lives in a wonderful way. 

Minnesota oline                

LT RS Junior          

LG RS Sophmore

C  RS Junior

RG RS Freshman 

RT Sophomore 

VS

Auburn Dline

DE Senior NFL Prospect 

NT Junior

DT Senior Top NFL Prospect

DE Junior

Minnesota had 494 total yards.

Minnesota has 215 yards rushing, 4.8 yards per carry.

Minnesota top rusher averaged 7 YPC! 

Auburn oline

LT RS Senior

LG RS Senior

C  RS Sophomore 

RG RS Senior

RT RS Senior

VS

Minnesota DLine

DE RS Senior

DT RS Senior

DT Senior Grad Transfer

DE Senior

Auburn has 232 total yards.

Auburn had 56 yards rushing, 2.2 YPC.

Why???

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Minnesota oline                

LT RS Junior          

LG RS Sophmore

C  RS Junior

RG RS Freshman 

RT Sophomore 

VS

Auburn Dline

DE Senior NFL Prospect 

NT Junior

DT Senior Top NFL Prospect

DE Junior

Minnesota had 494 total yards.

Minnesota has 215 yards rushing, 4.8 yards per carry.

Minnesota top rusher averaged 7 YPC! 

Auburn oline

LT RS Senior

LG RS Senior

C  RS Sophomore 

RG RS Senior

RT RS Senior

VS

Minnesota DLine

DE RS Senior

DT RS Senior

DT Senior Grad Transfer

DE Senior

Auburn has 232 total yards.

Auburn had 56 yards rushing, 2.2 YPC.

Why???

He would be absolutely bonkers insane to keep Grimes. If we're stuck with Gus for more than one more year we might as well start over at that position.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He would be absolutely bonkers insane to keep Grimes. If we're stuck with Gus for more than one more year we might as well start over at that position.

Get ready friend, he ain’t going anywhere any time soon.  Ride this thing out and one day the PTB will get tired of the pattern, and make a change but the buyout is ridiculous.  And all the talk about the money being funded by a couple of money men?  After last season what were they waiting for?

Archived