Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

Just now, DAG said:

Even if he is, he still needs to be held accountable. 

Bingo! Which is why I blame the liquor store owner, at least in your example. You can't allow your employees to keep drinking on the job. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you for the transparency.  Now I know not to take you seriously.  I appreciate it!

giphy.gif

Out of likes, so I'll add that I had a similar thought. Realizing that somebody is doing a bit tends to be liberating.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Im not sure anybody DOES anymore....I know I sure don't.

We just now have Auburn Lovers vs Gus Lovers.  

Auburn Lovers are right (and FYI, some even support Gus) but Gus Lovers are people who have some weird agenda that is NOT the best interest of AU.  At this point, they seem nothing more than trolls and deserve nothing more than prayers.

It’s not a weird agenda, as long as he’s the coach I’ll support him and the team. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Bingo! Which is why I blame the liquor store owner, at least in your example. You can't allow your employees to keep drinking on the job. 

Don't you DARE ever speak to my supervisor. 

I’ve been pushing for P.J. Fleck for awhile but man wouldn’t it be nice to have a guy who can motivate, develop players, and draw up real pro type game plans. As someone else pointed out he is a Dabo type personality that would be a good match against the conventional Saban types that fill up the SEC. I wouldn’t doubt him getting NFL looks soon.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Out of likes, so I'll add that I had a similar thought. Realizing that somebody is doing a bit tends to be liberating.

ROFL. I think we have visited this subject before. 😉🤣

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t blame Green but if he realize he doesn’t have control of the situation he needs to do the right thing and resign. That give the President an opportunity to step in and remove Gus. AG should have not backed down last year and turned down Gus’s counter proposal. Or at least step up now and tell Gus 9 wins with a bowl loss just doesn’t make the grade and send him packing now. Folks are just not understanding that the money involved is small compared to the loss over all that Gus will cause Auburn over the long haul. When you get dealt a bad hand you just have to fold it. You can’t keep adding money to a situation that you are never going to win. 

There was no counter proposal, that was a stupid rumor that had no credibility. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Who says he is drinking on the job? Gus Malzahn does all the right things to represent Auburn as an employee.  He stays out of trouble, he recruits well, there is no NCAA violations to be had of. That is not drinking on the job. Oh and we are partially competitive. There was no way he was going to get fired after the Alabama win. If you were going to fire him, you should've done it when he went 7-5. That would've been political suicide for Allen Green. Gus Malzhan the individual has issues. 

1 minute ago, rophle said:

It’s not a weird agenda, as long as he’s the coach I’ll support him and the team. 

Okedokee... 😎

3 minutes ago, rophle said:

I’m fine with objectively criticism, I’m just as frustrated as everyone else when we lose.  But, I will always pull for us to win and support Gus as long as he’s the head coach. 

That the obvious point you miss. As long as Gus is here we won’t win anything of value. Even getting a shot at the NC in 2013 wound up with Gus blowing the lead in the last minute. It’s who Gus is. Until he can motivate young men then he will continue to lose important games. Auburn has the talent to win many games without motivation but when we play good teams it comes down to motivation. Nick, Fabo, Ed and Fleck have it Gus doesn’t. So on 4th and one Gus will lose most of them . 

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I’ve been pushing for P.J. Fleck for awhile but man wouldn’t it be nice to have a guy who can motivate, develop players, and draw up real pro type game plans. As someone else pointed out he is a Dabo type personality that would be a good match against the conventional Saban types that fill up the SEC. I wouldn’t doubt him getting NFL looks soon.

We aren’t getting Fleck. He is locked in at Minnesota and believes he can win there. But there are many Gleck’s out there, that understand motivating young men can be more powerful than talent.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Who says he is drinking on the job? Gus Malzahn does all the right things to represent Auburn as an employee.  He stays out of trouble, he recruits well, there is no NCAA violations to be had of. That is not drinking on the job. Oh and we are partially competitive. There was no way he was going to get fired after the Alabama win. If you were going to fire him, you should've done it when he went 7-5. That would've been political suicide for Allen Green. Gus Malzhan the individual has issues. 

You were the one who analogized him to an alcoholic. I was just trying to make my point fit your analogy. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

You were the one who analogized him to an alcoholic. I was just trying to make my point fit your analogy. 

Yes but you also said you blame the administration. So, you blame ADAG for not getting rid of Gus at the moment ? Yay or Nay?

6 minutes ago, rophle said:

There was no counter proposal, that was a stupid rumor that had no credibility. 

No that’s just what Gus said to save face. The money was there. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That the obvious point you miss. As long as Gus is here we won’t win anything of value. Even getting a shot at the NC in 2013 wound up with Gus blowing the lead in the last minute. It’s who Gus is. Until he can motivate young men then he will continue to lose important games. Auburn has the talent to win many games without motivation but when we play good teams it comes down to motivation. Nick, Fabo, Ed and Fleck have it Gus doesn’t. So on 4th and one Gus will lose most of them . 

The obvious point I’m making is there is value in beating Bama and knocking them out of the playoffs, which is where this conversation started 20 pages ago. The idea that the players should’ve just layed down and let Bama beat us so that we can get a new coach is asinine.  

Just now, DAG said:

Yes but you also said you blame the administration. So, you blame ADAG for not getting rid of Gus at the moment ? Yay or Nay?

At the moment? No, I don't blame ADAG for not getting rid of Gus at this very moment. 

2 minutes ago, rophle said:

The obvious point I’m making is there is value in beating Bama and knocking them out of the playoffs, which is where this conversation started 20 pages ago. The idea that the players should’ve just layed down and let Bama beat us so that we can get a new coach is asinine.  

What intrinsic value did Auburn gain from it?  It was fun for night, sure.  It brought about a bunch of funny memes.  But that's it.

Does it change anything as far as the status quo?  Nope.  Next year, Bama will be competing for a playoff spot yet again.  It's very likely we won't be.

Just now, rophle said:

If THAT'S where we are in the joy of being a true Auburn fan, then I guess I really must not be one. Bet I'm in good company. 

This, friend, is what we have to settle for, a sickening consolation prize, as a reward for $en$ele$$ administrative "bu$ine$$ deci$ion$". Understand that it's not program dis-allegiance that rightfully calls this into question. 

15 minutes ago, rophle said:

It's a weird agenda to not even consider the opposing view. It's an even weirder agenda to call Mikey level-headed. 

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I wasn't planning on you coming back and seeing my post so soon!

I'm becoming more comfortable in my new job, so lurking these boards more. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, rophle said:

No one is asking the players to lay down at any time. What folks are pointing out is Gus is “not” a motivator. As a person who played a lot of sports I can promise you that motivation is extremely important . Good example was Worms running over of uat’s DB. I’m sure the DB has an advantage in both size and technique but he wasn’t nearly as motivated as Worm who had really been totally under  utilized all year. The result was worm knocked the DB into sometime next week. That’s what motivation does  for you. Gus gets mad but he never motivates anyone. I don’t think it’s in his DNA. You can like him all you want but that will never make him sucessful. Another example was Chizik was a good motivator and won the NC but in 2011 he tried to become a CEO instead of continuing to motivate his players he took away all motivation . Result was day and night between the 2009 and 2010 teams and the 2011 and 2012 teams. Even with probably better talent because the later teams had no motivation. 

Archived