PTB Update

Butthead

18 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I don’t know what the hell is going on but its very entertaining.

It's been a minute since I have seen you post.  Welcome back!

giphy.gif

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gee, this story about the o line is very intriguing, fresh, and new. Maybe we should keep rehashing it months after the original discussion. 😤

You'll probably see it another 7.2 times or so before it goes away. 😁

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You'll probably see it another 7.2 times or so before it goes away. 😁

It will go away as soon as those who doubt the number stop listening to false info and take ten minutes to do the counting for themselves.

By the way, after I did a re-count, we had 18 scholarship O-linemen on the 2019 squad, same as in 2018.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

take ten minutes to do the counting for themselves.

Ahhh, okay, now I see where you went wrong. It took the rest of us two minutes, maybe three tops, to get the number right. It was probably that extra seven or eight minutes you spent on it that tripped you up. As Gus Malzahn's fan club knows, overthinking things can lead to disaster!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahhh, okay, now I see where you went wrong. It took the rest of us two minutes, maybe three tops, to get the number right. It was probably that extra seven or eight minutes you spent on it that tripped you up. As Gus Malzahn's fan club knows, overthinking things can lead to disaster!

So, you counted? I can see why you and your sidekick don't encourage others to do the same. If you came up with other than 18, go back, you made a mistake.

Just now, Mikey said:

So, you counted? I can see why you and your sidekick don't encourage others to do the same. If you came up with other than 18, go back, you made a mistake.

Bless your heart, pretending that it's just me and one other person. 

Image result for bless your heart gif"

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bless your heart, pretending that it's just me and one other person. 

It's you, one other person, and those who have yet to go count for themselves. Your numbers will decline in direct proportion to the number of those who do their own count.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's you, one other person, and those who have yet to go count for themselves. Your numbers will decline in direct proportion to the number of those who do their own count.

I don't think either of us believes that last part. That said, folks don't need to count anything to know whether or not a long snapper plays on the offensive line. The countless responses you've already received from numerous different people tell the story. But again, everyone already knows that, you included. Yet, you do your dance. Keep showing us those sweet, sweet moves.

Image result for toy clown dance gif"

On 1/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, TigerCatcher said:

My sarcasm meter on this subject is enhanced by my current MBA studies.  You'll be unhappy to note that the athletic department just released the financial statements for the most recent fiscal year.  In terms of how the corporate world works, there is no lowering of standards.  Revenues are historically high, profits also very strong.  Those are figures that overrule any "expectation or self goals" where Dr. Gougue is concerned, and he's the only PTB that matters ....

Auburn athletics reports record revenue, increased profit during 2018-19 fiscal year

AUBURN — Auburn's athletics department reported a record revenue of more than $152.4 million during the 2019-fiscal year, according to the university’s NCAA Membership Financial Report.

That's an increase of nearly $5 million from the 2017-18 total of $147.6 million, which was the previous record. It also marks the seventh straight year that revenues have increased.

Auburn's profit margin also rose, according to the annual report released to the Montgomery Advertiser on Thursday in response to a Freedom of Information Act request — the department reported an operating excess of nearly $13.2 million.

That's more than the $7.8 million total reported during the 2017-18 fiscal year, but not quite as high as the $14.6 million and $15.2 million in profit Auburn claimed in 2016-17 and 2015-16, respectively.

Auburn's operating expenses decreased, from $139.7 million in 2017-18 to $139.2 million in 2018-19.

Football ($95.1 million) and men's basketball ($15.5 million) accounted for more than 70% of the department's revenue. Both sports made more than they did the year prior ($93.5 million and $11.2 million, respectively).

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2020/01/23/auburn-athletics-department-reports-record-revenue-increase-profit-2018-19-fiscal-year-allen-greene/4554072002/

With all this money, now why is it we can't have chair-back UPPER DECK seats like THIS in JH Stadium?

(This is the upgrade to the softball facility..). :)

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

With all this money, now why is it we can't have chair-back UPPER DECK seats like THIS in JH Stadium?

Last year was disappointing for softball, I hope they show out this season.  I love bragging about the girls.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Because, with actual chairs, they can't cram 48" waists into 32" seats and claim the stadium *comfortably* holds more than it actually does.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:22 PM, creed said:

Okay, finally some details into what the beef is with some of you. Some of it's superficial, and possibly could be considered skirting impermissible benefits,  since all it takes is one normal student complaining he can't get a haircut (free?) from the team barber. But now I see why some of you think the university is not up to the levels of other teams.

Basically we just need to attach a Dave and Busters to the athletic complex.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:22 PM, creed said:

Okay, finally some details into what the beef is with some of you. Some of it's superficial, and possibly could be considered skirting impermissible benefits,  since all it takes is one normal student complaining he can't get a haircut (free?) from the team barber. But now I see why some of you think the university is not up to the levels of other teams.

Why would a normal student be in the Football Only Facility?  The name of the facility kinda speaks for itself.

Normal AU students like my two kids won't be roaming around that thing.  I'll continue to pay $25 a cut at the nearest Sports Clips when I can get them to cut that shaggy mess they love to wear.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

It will go away as soon as those who doubt the number stop listening to false info and take ten minutes to do the counting for themselves.

By the way, after I did a re-count, we had 18 scholarship O-linemen on the 2019 squad, same as in 2018.

So you added up all the untalented scrubs along with the long snappers and somehow decided that equated to depth along the OL?

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Why would a normal student be in the Football Only Facility?  The name of the facility kinda speaks for itself.

Normal AU students like my two kids won't be roaming around that thing.  I'll continue to pay $25 a cut at the nearest Sports Clips when I can get them to cut that shaggy mess they love to wear.

I doubt the normal student will be in the FOF, but if an athlete is getting something for free (other than what's allowed) that a normal student can't get you'll see someone raise a stink. Remember the old football only dorms back in the 90's...gone. Remember supposed inequality in athletics...gone (Title IX). What's next...who knows.

15 hours ago, creed said:

I doubt the normal student will be in the FOF, but if an athlete is getting something for free (other than what's allowed) that a normal student can't get you'll see someone raise a stink. Remember the old football only dorms back in the 90's...gone. Remember supposed inequality in athletics...gone (Title IX). What's next...who knows.

But Auburn isn't afraid, they aren't scared of breaking ncaa rules with this FOF.  They've seen damn near every school around us build them and there have been no issues.  Auburn wants this FOF, Gus donated $2MM of his own money to the project, over 75% of the expense has been pledged through Greene's fundraising.  Millions have already been spent on the design and planning, it's coming. 

There will always be inequality in athletics, but I'm sure you know that.  Student-athletes get a free ride, free meals/housing/nutritionist/personal trainers/performance clothing and shoes/free tutoring and a sizable monthly stipend.  Normal students get none of that and end up having to help supplement the damn athletic department through ridiculous student fees.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:32 AM, Mikey said:

On 1/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, McLoofus said:

18 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

So you added up all the untalented scrubs along with the long snappers and somehow decided that equated to depth along the OL?

Decided to help you all out, cause it's my birthday... which is the time for giving...

2019 roster. Top three are long snappers, as noted.... enjoy :lol: 

LS - Jacob Quattlebaum
LS - Clarke Smith
LS - Bill Taylor
1. Kamaar Bell
2. Nick Brahms
3. Jack Driscoll
4. Brodarious Hamm
5. Marquel Harrell
6. Mike Horton
7. Jalil Irvin
8. Alec Jackson
9. Keiondre Jones
10. Trent Kelley
11. Kaleb Kim
12. Tashawn Manning
13. Justin Osborne
14. Prince Micheal Sammons
15. David Shannon
16. Bailey Sharp
17. Kameron Stutts
18. Austin Troxell
19. Prince Tega Wanogho

EDIT: I numbered them :lol: 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

@Mims44, happy birthday. Enjoy the day.

Add mine...Philippians 1:6 and lots of joy be yours today and every day!

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

@Mims44, happy birthday. Enjoy the day.

21 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Add mine...Philippians 1:6 and lots of joy be yours today and every day!

Thanks to both of you. Spent the day relaxing with wife and kids, then being a kid myself and playing some 25 year old video games :lol: 

Was a good day :) 

23 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Decided to help you all out, cause it's my birthday... which is the time for giving...

2019 roster. Top three are long snappers, as noted.... enjoy :lol: 

LS - Jacob Quattlebaum
LS - Clarke Smith
LS - Bill Taylor
1. Kamaar Bell
2. Nick Brahms
3. Jack Driscoll
4. Brodarious Hamm
5. Marquel Harrell
6. Mike Horton
7. Jalil Irvin
8. Alec Jackson
9. Keiondre Jones
10. Trent Kelley
11. Kaleb Kim
12. Tashawn Manning
13. Justin Osborne
14. Prince Micheal Sammons
15. David Shannon
16. Bailey Sharp
17. Kameron Stutts
18. Austin Troxell
19. Prince Tega Wanogho

EDIT: I numbered them :lol: 

Good list, for the most part. You have included two walkons, Trent Kelley and David Shannon. That brings the number down to 17. You omitted Bill Taylor, who is a scholarship long snapper, which I consider to be an offensive lineman. That brings it back to 18 scholarship O-lnemen, the number I claimed all along. Point proven, thank you.

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You omitted Bill Taylor, who is a scholarship long snapper, which I consider to be an offensive lineman.

🙄

Archived