OBJ Handing Out Cash After Championship Game?

around4ever

He also got arrested for simple assault after the game. Must have been high on nose candy or something. It’s almost like The Hangover.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The simple assault/battery was him smacking a cop's butt in the locker room

Simple? I've been trying to pull that off for years! Of course, he was able to get into the locker room, which has been my primary roadblock. 

This is hard to believe, or is it really? What is college football coming to or better yet, what has it come to???

That was the most classless crap I have ever seen.  I hope, if we ever do get back there, that the HC does not allow idiots on the sideline and in the locker room.  I also hope the NCAA investigates to find out if any underclassmen accepted any money so they can be declared ineligible.  

This is an OBJ story. It's not an LSU story. I hope that nothing happens whatsoever, but they'll probably have to do something, so maybe they sit the guys for a half in a game of their choosing. 

And it shouldn't even be a story. Who cares. How are folks not bored of this tired "person unprepared for sudden, extreme fame and wealth doesn't respond well to sudden, extreme fame and wealth" story? It's so uninteresting to me. I promise you there are so many more things that are actually worth caring about. 

Signed,
Dork who spends an inordinate amount of time on a forum dedicated to a slightly-above-average football team

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is an OBJ story. It's not an LSU story. I hope that nothing happens whatsoever, but they'll probably have to do something, so maybe they sit the guys for a half in a game of their choosing. 

And it shouldn't even be a story. Who cares. How are folks not bored of this tired "person unprepared for sudden, extreme fame and wealth doesn't respond well to sudden, extreme fame and wealth" story? It's so uninteresting to me. I promise you there are so many more things that are actually worth caring about. 

Signed,
Dork who spends an inordinate amount of time on a forum dedicated to a slightly-above-average football team

You ever see that 30 for 30 I think it was. Showed all those athletes going broke right out of the league or even during their time in it.

4 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You ever see that 30 for 30 I think it was. Showed all those athletes going broke right out of the league or even during their time in it.

I'm glad that more resources are going towards helping those guys understand the big picture. Doesn't seem like it takes with some of them but at least it's being acknowledged.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm glad that more resources are going towards helping those guys understand the big picture. Doesn't seem like it takes with some of them but at least it's being acknowledged.

I know they have financial advisors speak to them but it doesn't take with some of them. Sudden money can change anyone if they aren't prepared.  You read about lottery winners going broke all of the time. If the leagues would take a percentage of the salary and place it in trust fund or similar for at least five years it might give them time to adjust to having money in their pocket. The wise ones will be fine and the naive ones might learn something. As far as the ones that act a fool, they will still end up broke, just a little later in life because unfortunately stupid doesn't come with an expiration date. 

OBJ doing something outrageous ….who would have ever expected that?  .

AND I'm sure none of our 2010 players got a "handout" after that big win...:dunno:

JMO but LSU will have to "disassociate" from him for a while.....typical penalty for a booster out of control.  Hoping the players don't get penalized...or team either.  Something that happened n the excitement of the moment.   Forgetaboutit. 

I doubt anything will happen to LSU but the fanbase is going to learn that when you lose all the players and coaches that they are losing will make it very hard to repeat. Not every program can have 9 straight 11 win seasons.

10 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I doubt anything will happen to LSU but the fanbase is going to learn that when you lose all the players and coaches that they are losing will make it very hard to repeat. Not every program can have 9 straight 11 win seasons.

I think they fully realize that and truly don't care right now. O will get a mulligan next year and he'll deserve it. After that will be interesting. But in the current era, 2 years from now might as well be 10. 

On 1/21/2020 at 11:13 PM, AlaskanFAN said:

What no gif’s yet on this topic...

and the NCAA is like - 

4B7D574D-92A4-4A42-B4D6-F3E74713C8D6.gif

Do an NCAA pic with Prez Emmert and LSU AD Scott Woodward standing shoulder to shoulder at the families BBQ.

Emmert will never touch his son-in-laws athletic programs.

Archived