All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

Hopefully the self-imposed sanctions are a mitigating factor, but given the roughly analogous violations it’s hard not to see the OK State penalties as a bad sign. 

It also makes you wonder what kind of penalties are coming for the schools that were paying recruits, which seems like a far more significant violation. OK State got a postseason ban for one level 1 violation. Looks like Kansas has five level 1 violations. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly with how inconsistent the ncaa is, I would be surprised if those schools got post season bans. Then they could take schools that did stuff similar to okie state, give them postseason bans  and say, “See! We’re punishing people for doing wrong!”

Went and looked at an okie state board and they are pretty much are having the same convo we are having here. They are talking about they need to lawyer up and file a lawsuit. Also talk about USC and Louisville and how if this happened to Okie state, it should happen to them too.

Do we get the Okie St treatment, or the LSU/Will Wade treatment.

I'm on the edge of my seat!

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Hopefully the self-imposed sanctions are a mitigating factor, but given the roughly analogous violations it’s hard not to see the OK State penalties as a bad sign. 

It also makes you wonder what kind of penalties are coming for the schools that were paying recruits, which seems like a far more significant violation. OK State got a postseason ban for one level 1 violation. Looks like Kansas has five level 1 violations. 

I'm concerned that the NCAA could care less now how the school self-imposed their penalties which doesn't help Auburn, if so.

And the difference between OSU and us, I think, is that their player only was given a 3 game suspension while we self imposed full year suspensions for our 2 players and then some more for Purifoy.

18 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I'm concerned that the NCAA could care less now how the school self-imposed their penalties which doesn't help Auburn, if so.

And the difference between OSU and us, I think, is that their player only was given a 3 game suspension while we self imposed full year suspensions for our 2 players and then some more for Purifoy.

If Auburn gets a similar sanction to Okie St. then the message is loud and clear that self imposed penalties are useless. Just play the players in question and keep going. Basically d@mned if you do and d@mned if you don't. 

23 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You would like to hope. Of course The King of Douchery, Dan Wolken, said the schools that should be worried about this are Kansas, LSU, Arizona, and Auburn. Funny how we get lumped in with that crowd. Then when somebody says that his rebuttal is “ idk see how auburn is any different than Oklahoma State here”. Crazy how he didn’t mention usc or Louisville with that group, just auburn. Someone responded with basically what you said. I don’t think the self imposed penalties can be compared. We went far and beyond what any other school did.

The Okie St penalties got me worried. So lets say the worse happens and they do a post season ban on us for one year. AU counters and does not accept the penalty. It goes to arbitration i think but are we allowed to resume go to the postseason while it is still in litigation? I'm thinking the appeals process could be very long considering all the schools that will be fighting penalties so curious how that plays out

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

The Okie St penalties got me worried. So lets say the worse happens and they do a post season ban on us for one year. AU counters and does not accept the penalty. It goes to arbitration i think but are we allowed to resume go to the postseason while it is still in litigation? I'm thinking the appeals process could be very long considering all the schools that will be fighting penalties so curious how that plays out

Counterpoint - and I hope it never comes to this - would much rather serve a postseason ban in 20-21 than 21-22. (Assuming we’re could keep the roster together.)

What a crock. If they come out with something like this for AU, we better be dragging them into court the next day. If this were a blue blood, they would get nothing.

I can't wait for Zion to take the stand this is gonna get real crazy if they're setting the bar at a 1 year post season ban for these transgressions.

These don't even count as recruiting violations. Kansas has FIVE level one infractions LOL they I mean imagine what should  happen to them if those are found to be true, and if this will be reliable gauge of what's to come. Obviously that's no guarantee considering we are dealing with the sham of an organization in the NCAA. 

But I'm preparing for a post season ban. Let's just get it out of the way. There should be a slew of big names missing out on the tourney. Do you guys think the NCAA will take their sweet time essentially staggering the punishments for the schools? How long does it usually take for them to investigate this kinda stuff... Lol lots of questions 

Let’s also not forget we did this, on top of sitting the players for a whole season:

“Auburn imposed a long list of previously unreported self-imposed sanctions. Those sanctions included restrictions that limited unofficial visits, official visits, contacts, evaluations and phone calls.

In fact, Auburn did not conduct recruiting of any kind from September 2017-April 2018, Auburn Athletics told AL.com. There were no official visits, no unofficial visits, and no contacts or phone calls made to any recruits during that time.”

17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I can't wait for Zion to take the stand this is gonna get real crazy if they're setting the bar at a 1 year post season ban for these transgressions.

These don't even count as recruiting violations. Kansas has FIVE level one infractions LOL they I mean imagine what should  happen to them if those are found to be true, and if this will be reliable gauge of what's to come. Obviously that's no guarantee considering we are dealing with the sham of an organization in the NCAA. 

But I'm preparing for a post season ban. Let's just get it out of the way. There should be a slew of big names missing out on the tourney. Do you guys think the NCAA will take their sweet time essentially staggering the punishments for the schools? How long does it usually take for them to investigate this kinda stuff... Lol lots of questions 

They’re basically gonna have to follow what they did with OSU with other schools, if not, they are gonna have some lawsuits on their hands. Can the NCAA handle a post season without Kansas, Duke (?), Arizona, etc? I don’t think so, which is why I don’t think the decisions will be consistent in any way. After some things said by OSU today, it sounds like they may getting ready to lawyer up

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

. It goes to arbitration i think but are we allowed to resume go to the postseason while it is still in litigation?

No. And that kind of situation there would likely be a result before the postseason play.

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

it sounds like they may getting ready to lawyer up

Every Auburn insider has said Auburn will if they get anything more than a slap on the wrist.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

@aucanucktiger Moved your thread. We’re already talking about it extensively in this thread.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Every Auburn insider has said Auburn will if they get anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I remember that being talked about. Just can’t really process giving a team a post season ban for something that didn’t give them a competitive advantage unless there was a major and I mean major lack of institutional control, which in our case we did everything the right way

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I remember that being talked about. Just can’t really process giving a team a post season ban for something that didn’t give them a competitive advantage unless there was a major and I mean major lack of institutional control, which in our case we did everything the right way

Agree, we had an assistant coach that wanted money, money to steer kids after they turn Pro.  Big difference between what he was doing and all the crap everyone else has been pulling.

How do "ALL" of Okla St's self imposed measures compare to Auburn's? Were ours more severe and far reaching, or less? The school's very wise investment in McGlynn and Dideon's expertise is being put to a severe test once again. Ten years after saving Cam and a National Championship season, here's hoping they can come through again. Forde and Wetzel came up empty looking for their pound of flesh. As a result, thanks to several other higher profile, more sexy programs being involved, Auburn has been fortunate to avoid the attention grabbing headline with the exclusive hit job article these two self righteous spinsters were hoping to assassinate the school with. After the big bombshell, Auburn has only been casually mentioned deep within most stories as an accessory, while Arizona, Kansas, and Louisville garnered all the bad headlines with the salacious details. And yet we all know the National Media and the court of public opinion will hammer the NCAA if they hand down a less severe punishment than Okie St. As for what's coming, in my opinion, we should leave that last scholarship open. It may help our cause. My best hope is, number 1, no post season ban and number 2, two scholarship penalty max (1 this year, 2 next year).

8 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

How do "ALL" of Okla St's self imposed measures compare to Auburn's?

I’m not sure but from people connected to Auburn they weren’t even remotely close. Ours were much more severe.

My guess is that the self imposed sanctions were worthless. They'll hammer AU and use OSU as a comparable. Hope I'm wrong of course but our luck with the NCAA hasn't been good. The Cam fiasco was the only time we've come out with a fair shake and they dragged that out much longer then they should have.

It doesn't cost them much to kick AU and OSU basketball around, puff out their chests and say "See, we're doing big stuff". Then ignore the real cheaters because Duke, etc put fans in the seats and in front of their TV screens.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m not sure but from people connected to Auburn and they weren’t even remotely close. Ours were much more severe.

I believe as far as the player suspension, they only sat him like 3 games.

Regardless of how we feel about the merit of Bruce’s previous violations, we also have to consider how this factors in for the NCAA. (I realize Bruce didn’t commit these violations, but it’s his program.)

• ellitor changed the title to All Things Violations Talk

Archived