2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

About a week ago I read he was waiting on an offer he could take.

I missed that. A couple of AU sources have been confident on him for a while.

Got a couple of future casts today for Thor to AU! One of them is J Lee. Ira Bowman putting in work here!!! WOOOOO!!!!! *fingers crossed* *knock on wood* Less than 24 hours till he commits.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got a couple of future casts today for Thor to AU! One of them is J Lee. Ira Bowman putting in work here!!! WOOOOO!!!!! *fingers crossed* *knock on wood* Less than 24 hours till he commits.

I just realized he’s committing at 11am on Easter Sunday!  🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Well, to be fair, he's in the Eastern time zone, so for him it'll be noon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The Lord works in mysterious ways!!! Lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor (Commit Watch: 4/12, 11 AM CT)***

Hooks said that tomorrow is going to be a very good day for AU!!!! *Knock on wood* Wooooo!!!!! LFG!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh cooooome on baby!!!! Come through Bowman!!! 

• Like 2

My thoughts are if Thor signs it means we have a better chance with brown ... Thor is a definite 4.  Browns family wants him at 3.  Green is a 2.  We may tell brown that Thor is our 4 and he’ll play the 3 ... could be the difference maker for brown?  One can hope!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Does ant of that help or hurt w/ Kuminga?  Guessing neither.

Won’t have an idea until things are more firmed up with Kuminga whether he’s actually reclassifying or not. And we’re not gonna no more on that until the summer.

Marcello put in a crystal ball for Thor to AU.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I suppose if the consolation prize for losing Green is that we get Thor, things could definitely be worse. Not giving up on Jalen, just reading the tea leaves a little. And, not for nothing, but I would rather get Thor and Brown than to only get Green.

Of course, getting all three would absolutely bring the roof down, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

• Sad 1

Just now, Rednilla said:

I suppose if the consolation prize for losing Green is that we get Thor, things could definitely be worse. Not giving up on Jalen, just reading the tea leaves a little. And, not for nothing, but I would rather get Thor and Brown than to only get Green.

Of course, getting all three would absolutely bring the roof down, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

Got a week to go. Tbh, that's plenty of time for momentum to change in bball 'cruitin. We may very well still lead and he's just been telling both staffs he's coming. 

We've still got Sharife in our corner and I think that's pretty big. None of the AU writers have backed off their picks to AU, so I'm still optimistic. Let's just let the next few days happen!

If things are true about Thor, that is one big time get as he can play the 4 and 5 and play right away. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Honestly? If I had to pick and those were my only options of get Jalen but not the other 2 or get Thor and GB but not Jalen?then I rather get just Jalen because I think he's the best player in this class and heads and shoulders better than anyone else. A backcourt of him and coop immediately puts us in heavy contention for best backcourt in the country.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Got a week to go. Tbh, that's plenty of time for momentum to change in bball 'cruitin. We may very well still lead and he's just been telling both staffs he's coming. 

We've still got Sharife in our corner and I think that's pretty big. None of the AU writers have backed off their picks to AU, so I'm still optimistic. Let's just let the next few days happen!

If things are true about Thor, that is one big time get as he can play the 4 and 5 and play right away. 

No doubt that getting Thor is a big deal! I would be ecstatic if we got him to play 4/5, Brown to play 3/4, and Green to play 2/3 (I know he's only listed as a 2, but with his size he could play the 3 with Turbo at the 2 in our scheme pretty easily). And if we get any two out of three of them, I'll still be pretty ecstatic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly? If I had to pick I rather get just Jalen because I think he's the best player in this class and heads and shoulders better than anyone else. A backcourt of him and coop immediately puts us in heavy contention for best backcourt in the country.

I think a backcourt of Coop and Green gives us the best in the nation, period, and I certainly wouldn't be upset with just him. I just think that gaining Thor and Brown would be a bigger deal, both because Thor is unlikely to leave after only one season and because Turbo makes for a pretty good 2, as well, meaning we'd have more great pieces on the floor at once. :gofig:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Thor is not a 5, not at least early in his college career.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Honestly? If I had to pick and those were my only options of get Jalen but not the other 2 or get Thor and GB but not Jalen?then I rather get just Jalen because I think he's the best player in this class and heads and shoulders better than anyone else. A backcourt of him and coop immediately puts us in heavy contention for best backcourt in the country.

To piggy back off this. Thor & Brown will be dependent on the guards for their success to a good degree. Green will be in more control of his own success.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Green to play 2/3 (I know he's only listed as a 2, but with his size he could play the 3 with Turbo at the 2 in our scheme pretty easily)

Green is more likely to play 2/1 due to roster need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To piggy back off this. Thor & Brown will be dependent on the guards for their success to a good degree. Green will be in more control of his own success.

Mmmmmmmm 💯👌

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Why the lack of confidence in getting Green? Thought we lead for him. 

8 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Why the lack of confidence in getting Green? Thought we lead for him. 

Read the last few pages of the Green thread.