Null



Paladin

2021 4* LB Ian Jackson (Bama)

Recommended Posts

Note from E: This one is special for me. I went to high school with Ian’s mom, Marcia, and his uncle, Marcus. They are a wonderful family and a shining example of the Prattville community.

Quote

Prattville standout talks recent offer from Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

College coaches aren’t allowed to make off-campus evaluations due to the coronavirus-induced dead period.

ForI IanJackson, it hasn’t mattered.

Jackson, a standout from Prattville, has earned offers recently from Alabama, Georgia and LSU. On Tuesday, he added another. This one from Auburn.

“Coach Travis Williams texted me and I called him back,” Jackson said. “He made sure my family was in the room and then told me they were offering.”

Jackson was pleasantly surprised.

“It felt good,” Jackson said. “It felt real good to get offered by Auburn. I was happy and my family was happy, too. They were ecstatic.”

Williams, who coaches linebackers at Auburn, would be Jackson’s position coach – Auburn is recruiting Jackson to play inside linebacker. Jackson has a good relationship with Williams, as well as Al Pogue, his area recruiter.

“Coach Pogue recruited me when he was at West Virginia,” Jackson said. “He’s a real cool guy. We talked a lot when he was at West Virginia and we’re starting to talk even more now that he’s at Auburn. We have a real good connection.”

Jackson had planned to take visits this spring, but had to postpone due to the dead period. As a result, he has slowed his recruitment. He doesn’t list any favorites and doesn’t plan to make a commitment anytime soon.

“I’m just going to take some time to think about everything,” Jackson said. “I was thinking of having a decision made by the time the season starts, but with all this virus stuff going around, I’ll probably wait.”

Rivals ranks Jackson, who is 6-2 and 210 pounds, the No. 15 recruit in Alabama in the 2021 class.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Watched his film he won't be a 3* for long. Great edge rusher against both pass and run. Good form on most of his tackles. I saw a couple of plays where he was isolated on a receiver and stayed with receiver the whole time.  He fits today's game has the speed to cover receivers and TE's and is physical enough on runs. At 6'1" and 208 pounds will need to add some muscle mass to play in SEC but his frame can easily add 10-15 pounds.  T-Will has a good eye for LB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

In-state LB target begins to narrow things down

    by Keith Niebuhr
    9 hours ago

Just one week after being offered a scholarship by Auburn, 4-star linebacker Ian Jackson of Prattville (Ala.) has started to narrow things down. Jackson, the No. 10 prospect in the state of Alabama for the industry generated 247Sports Composite, revealed his top 10 Thursday -- his birthday.

Here's who made the cut: Auburn, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Right now, there are no 247Sports Crystal Ball projections for Jackson, who said the list is in no order, but it's clear Auburn is among the favorites.

As you'll see below, that's for good reason. Here's our story on Jackson from last week, which notes his close family ties to the Auburn football program.

Tuesday night was a special one at Ian Jackson’s home. With his mother, an Auburn alum, and sister, an Auburn student, on the phone, the Tigers offered Jackson -- a 4-star linebacker -- a scholarship.

“They were really excited, really happy,” Jackson said.

Jackson, a standout from Prattville (Ala.), is one of the top recruits in the South. He’s currently the No. 10 prospect in the state of Alabama for the industry generated 247Sports Composite and he claims offers from several Power 5 schools, including Alabama, FSU and Tennessee.

Now, the Tigers have joined the mix.

“I means a lot to me, especially coming from an in-state school,” Jackson said. “Auburn has always been a great school.”

Jackson’s ties to Auburn run deep. His mother (Marcia Jackson), once was a Tigerette in the Auburn football offices and graduated from the school in 1999. His uncle graduated from Auburn a year earlier.

“I’ve been around Auburn football all my life,” Jackson said. “I went to the Iron Bowl last year and went to some games in the past. We went to the bowl game in January as well.”

Jackson’s offer came straight from Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams. According to Jackson, the Tigers are not too late to the party.

“No sir — my recruitment is open for right now,” Jackson said. “They will be a factor. Just going forward, they definitely can alter my decision.”

Once the coronavirus scare is past us, Jackson plans to visit the Tigers again. As for a commit decision?

“We don’t know right now,” he said. “Still letting things die down.”

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump. Ian is tagged in this VIP article by Keith

Auburn ramps things up with in-state LB

He is scheduled to commit May 28th.

An insider on the Bunker says Ian has become a huge target since we missed on Barrett Carter.

Auburn-Bama battle. Bama has recruited him more consistently but it appears AU is recruiting him harder now. The Jackson's have a very deep AU legacy FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bump. Ian is tagged in this VIP article by Keith

Auburn ramps things up with in-state LB

He is scheduled to commit May 28th.

An insider on the Bunker says Ian has become a huge target since we missed on Barrett Carter.

Auburn-Bama battle. Bama has recruited him more consistently but it appears AU is recruiting him harder now. The Jackson's have a very deep AU legacy FWIW.

Isn't is against board rules to post premium site info on AUF?

Edited by Proud Tiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Isn't is against board rules to post premium site info on AUF?

I'm thinking that the Mod that is driven to have the most accurate and precise info on AUfamily would have a pretty good handle on what's allowed and what's not.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm thinking that the Mod that is driven to have the most accurate and precise info on AUfamily would have a pretty good handle on what's allowed and what's not.

I might go with obsessed. lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking good here. Keith just crystal balled him to Bama with a confidence level of eight out of 10 and two Bama reporters have picks in for them with confidence level of nine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What should we have expected?

Didn't we put all our emphasis on Carter? And only when he committed elsewhere did we put the full court press on Jackson.

Even if there were Auburn ties in the family, we have found out if you don't show them early attention, those ties don't help much anymore. Especially when your dealing w/ Alabama too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

JBoy show seems to think AU is still 50/50 with Jackson... I know most think he's going bammer, just wanted to put this out there.

He would be wrong. We slow played him and didn’t even really keep him even somewhat warm so the family is not happy. We are likely fourth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He would be wrong. We slow played him and didn’t even really keep him even somewhat warm so the family is not happy. We are likely fourth at best.

I am infuriated by how badly we have screwed the pooch in recruiting this year, particularlarly on D. Combine that with our O-line crap the last few years: wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I am infuriated by how badly we have screwed the pooch in recruiting this year, particularlarly on D. Combine that with our O-line crap the last few years: wow.

I don’t like the tactics either but we are only taking 1 to 2 LBs and chances are we are going to land at least one on paper that should be as good as Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems awfully early to say we've screwed any pooches, particularly on D. 

For real. Just a few weeks ago everybody was mad we were losing recruits to Tennessee then we pulled like 4 big recruits within like a week.
When are people going to learn to relax? Let Travis Williams and Garner do their thing. They know what they’re doing

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Seems awfully early to say we've screwed any pooches, particularly on D. 

On this particular recruitment it’s not. We pretty much ignored Ian til after Barrett Carter picked Clemson. Should have kept him warm at least if he was one of our next guys on the board in the even we missed on Carter, which he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

For real. Just a few weeks ago everybody was mad we were losing recruits to Tennessee then we pulled like 4 big recruits within like a week.
When are people going to learn to relax? Let Travis Williams and Garner do their thing. They know what they’re doing

Yes they know what they are doing but somebody screwed up here. You don’t go a whole month with no communication on a guy who’s next up on your board & call him the minute your top guy picks someone else, unless you know the top guy is a lock, which Carter was never close to being

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On this particular recruitment it’s not. We pretty much ignored Ian til after Barrett Carter picked Clemson. Should have kept him warm at least if he was one of our next guys on the board in the even we missed on Carter, which he is.

The sentiment receiving the response was not isolated to this recruitment, so neither was the response.

Since this thread is theoretically isolated to this recruitment, I'll leave it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes they know what they are doing but somebody screwed up here. You don’t go a whole month with no communication on a guy who’s next up on your board & call him the minute your top guy picks someone else, unless you know the top guy is a lock, which Carter was never close to being

Was he really next up on our board? There’s no way we put all of our eggs in one basket for Carter and didn’t have a plan b for once he picked somebody else. Travis has to be smarter than that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...