2020-21 Auburn Football Roster

Zeek

Players are listed by grade. I am listing last years Freshmen as Sophomores until we get official acknowledgement of who received a Redshirt.

Highlighted players should be eligible to receive a redshirt from last season (playing in 4 games or less and/or medical)

Quarterbacks (3)

Cord Sandberg / Redshirt Sophomore

Bo Nix / Sophomore

Chayil Garnett / Freshmen

Running backs(6)

Malik Miller / Senior

Shaun “Worm” Shivers / Junior

Harold Joiner / Redshirt Sophomore

D.J. Williams / Sophomore

Mark-Antony Richards / Sophomore

Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby / Freshman

Tight End & H-Back (5)

John Samuel Shenker / Junior

Luke Deal / Sophomore

Tyler Fromm / Sophomore

JJ Pegues / Freshman

Brandon Frazier / Freshman

Wide Receiver (12)

Zach Farrar / Redshirt Senior

Eli Stove / Senior

Seth Williams / Junior

Anthony Schwartz / Junior

Shedrick Jackson / Junior

Matthew Hill / Redshirt Sophomore

Ja’Varrius Johnson / Sophomore

Jashawn Sheffield / Sophomore

Kobe Hudson / Freshman

JJ Evans / Freshman

Ze’Vian Capers / Freshman

Elijah Canion / Freshman

Offensive Line (16)

Prince Michael Sammons / Redshirt Senior

Nick Brahms / Junior

Brodarious Hamm / Junior

Kilian Zierer / Junior

Alec Jackson / Junior

Austin Troxell / Junior

Tashawn Manning / Junior

Brenden Coffey / Junior

Kameron Stutts / Redshirt Sophomore

Jalil Irvin / Redshirt Sophomore

Keiondre Jones / Sophomore

Justin Osborne / Sophomore

Kamaar Bell / Redshirt Freshman

Tate Johnson / Freshman

Jeremiah Wright / Freshman

Avery Jernigan / Freshman

Buck (4)

T.D. Moultry / Senior

Derick Hall / Sophomore

Colby Wooden / Sophomore

Romello Height / Freshman

Defensive Tackle (6)

Tyrone Truesdell / Senior

Daquan Newkirk / Senior

Marquis Burks / Junior

Dre Butler / Junior

Coynis Miller Jr. / Junior

Jaren Handy / Sophomore

Defensive End (5)

Big Kat Bryant / Senior

Caleb Johnson / Redshirt Sophomore

Jay Hardy / Freshman

Zykeivous Walker / Freshman

Daniel Foster-Allen / Freshman

Linebacker (10)

KJ Britt / Senior

Chandler Wooten / Senior

Zakoby McClain / Junior

Josh Marsh / Redshirt Sophomore

Owen Pappoe / Sophomore

Kameron Brown / Sophomore

OC Brothers / Sophomore

Wesley Steiner / Freshman

Cam Riley / Freshman 

Desmond Tisdol / Freshman

Defensive Backs (15)

Jordyn Peters / Senior

Traivon Leonard / Senior

Smoke Monday / Junior

Roger McCreary / Junior

Marco Domio / Junior

Christian Tutt / Junior

Jamien Sherwood / Junior

Malcolm Askew / Junior

Zion Puckett / Sophomore

Jaylin Simpson / Sophomore

Nehemiah Pritchett / Sophomore

Jacoby Puckett / Sophomore

Eric Reed Jr. / Freshman

Ladarius Tennison / Freshman

Chris Thompson Jr. / Freshman

K (1)

Anders Carlson / Junior

P (0)

Aren’t Truedale and Newkirk gone? Grad and left early respectively.

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

Aren’t Truedale and Newkirk gone? Grad and left early respectively.

They’ll be seniors this upcoming season 

16 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

They’ll be seniors this upcoming season 

That’s right! I was thinking of Nick Coe instead of Newkirk.

Thanks for posting Zeek!  My only tweaks if it were me would be:

TE Samuel Shenker would be the starter.  The has experience and did well when on the field.  He is a guy a new OC can trust.

RB Tank - He is fumble prone which does not get far with this offense.  You can easily fix this issue, so Tank has time to be exact who you say he could be.

A lot of talent. If used right there is no reason why we shouldn't be near the top of the conference by the end of the season.

18 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

WR marquis mcclain transferred didnt he?

hard to believe moultry and britt will be seniors

Correct, he's in the transfer portal. I'll correct that.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for posting Zeek!  My only tweaks if it were me would be:

TE Samuel Shenker would be the starter.  The has experience and did well when on the field.  He is a guy a new OC can trust.

RB Tank - He is fumble prone which does not get far with this offense.  You can easily fix this issue, so Tank has time to be exact who you say he could be.

Not sure Shenker is as versatile as some of the others but we're not really sure how the position will be used yet.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Zeek, where did you find 2020-21 Auburn Football Roster?

Just looked at last years, removed transfers/grads/early departures, and added incoming class

30 minutes ago, Zeek said:

we're not really sure how the position will be used yet

Agreed. And most years, I'm still not sure how the position is used even in November. And that's not a shot at Gus and his reluctance to throw to them. I just really can't keep up with H, TE, who is what... I'm just glad that guys like Sal and JayJay Wilson ended up as true slot receivers so that they wouldn't add to the confusion. 

I will say that Frazier signifies to me that we might be looking at using TEs in the ways that other offenses use them. 

I dug up a post where @ellitor said that Fromm and Pegues lean more HB while the other guys are more true TEs. IIRC, Deal is more of a blocker and less of a receiving threat. 

So that would leave Shenker and Frazier as our main pass catching TEs. I like that. I like Shenker a lot and I have crazy optimism for Frazier. 

@Zeek May want to put a * or # in front of the walk ons. I would post them at all because it clutters the post but if you are going to post them give them a designation.

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Zeek, where did you find 2020-21 Auburn Football Roster?

@auburn4ever He didn't. He took the 19-20 roster & the 2020 class & extrapolated everybody up a year.

I like the talent we have coming in for the fall (if this happens).  We have the talent to compete with anyone on our schedule, but this is the SEC and nothing will be easy.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4ever He didn't. He took the 19-20 roster & the 2020 class & extrapolated everybody up a year.

Ouch!!! Extrapolating sounds painful!!!

On 4/7/2020 at 8:28 PM, doc4aday said:

I like the talent we have coming in for the fall (if this happens).  We have the talent to compete with anyone on our schedule, but this is the SEC and nothing will be easy.

My only concern is the time needed for the OL to gel and it seems less likely we'll see a more Chad Morris type offense. With less overall time it seems like the smart thing to do is lean on your veterans and the basics of your offense. Zone running, play action concepts, and various screens (tunnel and bubble) with very few typical RB screens. I'd be amazed if they're not doing some type of Zoom conferences with the players and focusing on studying the playbook.

Hell, I'd have the kids taking quizzes on the playbook and answering what their responsibilities are on each play. Terminology and knowing the system could be a huge focus for incoming talent (JUCO and Freshmen) so that when practices are allowed it's just about developing the timing and muscle memory. Something tells me, based off how many people are still driving around and going about their days, it wouldn't be improbably for Nix to be working on timing with a few of the core receivers (Scwartz, Stove, Williams, etc.).

Linebackers upgrading and improving should (hopefully) offset the losses on the DL. There's a lot of hype for the secondary (Tutt, McCreary, Smoke, Sherwood, Domio) and they could actually be an upgrade from last years unit. If we can have two legitimate edge rushers I think the defense could avoid having too much of a drop off.

Offense, like I said, mostly rides on the OL. The majority of the skill players return (Gus not being able to lean strictly on Boobee could be a blessing in disguise) and the scheme shouldn't be changing too much. I think we have good plays just not calling the ideal ones at the ideal times with too much creativity. I get it, when I play madden I prefer a specific run play but you can't just spam the HB Base everytime you're running it. Hoping we see more counters, draws, sweeps, etc. this year and a more sophisticated passing scheme.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, Zeek said:

Players are listed by grade. I am listing last years Freshmen as Sophomores until we get official acknowledgement of who received a Redshirt.

Highlighted players should be eligible to receive a redshirt from last season (playing in 4 games or less and/or medical)

Quarterbacks (3)

Cord Sandberg / Redshirt Sophomore

Bo Nix / Sophomore

Chayil Garnett / Freshmen

Running backs(6)

Malik Miller / Senior

Shaun “Worm” Shivers / Junior

Harold Joiner / Redshirt Sophomore

D.J. Williams / Sophomore

Mark-Antony Richards / Sophomore

Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby / Freshman

Tight End & H-Back (5)

John Samuel Shenker / Junior

Luke Deal / Sophomore

Tyler Fromm / Sophomore

JJ Pegues / Freshman

Brandon Frazier / Freshman

Wide Receiver (12)

Zach Farrar / Redshirt Senior

Eli Stove / Senior

Seth Williams / Junior

Anthony Schwartz / Junior

Shedrick Jackson / Junior

Matthew Hill / Redshirt Sophomore

Ja’Varrius Johnson / Sophomore

Jashawn Sheffield / Sophomore

Kobe Hudson / Freshman

JJ Evans / Freshman

Ze’Vian Capers / Freshman

Elijah Canion / Freshman

Offensive Line (16)

Prince Michael Sammons / Redshirt Senior

Nick Brahms / Junior

Brodarious Hamm / Junior

Kilian Zierer / Junior

Alec Jackson / Junior

Austin Troxell / Junior

Tashawn Manning / Junior

Brenden Coffey / Junior

Kameron Stutts / Redshirt Sophomore

Jalil Irvin / Redshirt Sophomore

Keiondre Jones / Sophomore

Justin Osborne / Sophomore

Kamaar Bell / Redshirt Freshman

Tate Johnson / Freshman

Jeremiah Wright / Freshman

Avery Jernigan / Freshman

Buck (4)

T.D. Moultry / Senior

Derick Hall / Sophomore

Colby Wooden / Sophomore

Romello Height / Freshman

Defensive Tackle (6)

Tyrone Truesdell / Senior

Daquan Newkirk / Senior

Marquis Burks / Junior

Dre Butler / Junior

Coynis Miller Jr. / Junior

Jaren Handy / Sophomore

Defensive End (5)

Big Kat Bryant / Senior

Caleb Johnson / Redshirt Sophomore

Jay Hardy / Freshman

Zykeivous Walker / Freshman

Daniel Foster-Allen / Freshman

Linebacker (10)

KJ Britt / Senior

Chandler Wooten / Senior

Zakoby McClain / Junior

Josh Marsh / Redshirt Sophomore

Owen Pappoe / Sophomore

Kameron Brown / Sophomore

OC Brothers / Sophomore

Wesley Steiner / Freshman

Cam Riley / Freshman 

Desmond Tisdol / Freshman

Defensive Backs (15)

Jordyn Peters / Senior

Traivon Leonard / Senior

Smoke Monday / Junior

Roger McCreary / Junior

Marco Domio / Junior

Christian Tutt / Junior

Jamien Sherwood / Junior

Malcolm Askew / Junior

Zion Puckett / Sophomore

Jaylin Simpson / Sophomore

Nehemiah Pritchett / Sophomore

Jacoby Puckett / Sophomore

Eric Reed Jr. / Freshman

Ladarius Tennison / Freshman

Chris Thompson Jr. / Freshman

K (1)

Anders Carlson / Junior

P (0)

Removed Walk-Ons, highlighted players who are eligible to receive a RS from last season, updated numbers, and removed my commentary.

I fully expect most of the highlighted players to be Redshirt Freshmen instead of Sophomores. Traivon Leonard is unlikely to receive one. Coynis Miller honestly should have redshirted once already (same with Troxell).

On 4/9/2020 at 5:04 PM, Zeek said:

My only concern is the time needed for the OL to gel and it seems less likely we'll see a more Chad Morris type offense. With less overall time it seems like the smart thing to do is lean on your veterans and the basics of your offense. Zone running, play action concepts, and various screens (tunnel and bubble) with very few typical RB screens. I'd be amazed if they're not doing some type of Zoom conferences with the players and focusing on studying the playbook.

Hell, I'd have the kids taking quizzes on the playbook and answering what their responsibilities are on each play. Terminology and knowing the system could be a huge focus for incoming talent (JUCO and Freshmen) so that when practices are allowed it's just about developing the timing and muscle memory. Something tells me, based off how many people are still driving around and going about their days, it wouldn't be improbably for Nix to be working on timing with a few of the core receivers (Scwartz, Stove, Williams, etc.).

Linebackers upgrading and improving should (hopefully) offset the losses on the DL. There's a lot of hype for the secondary (Tutt, McCreary, Smoke, Sherwood, Domio) and they could actually be an upgrade from last years unit. If we can have two legitimate edge rushers I think the defense could avoid having too much of a drop off.

Offense, like I said, mostly rides on the OL. The majority of the skill players return (Gus not being able to lean strictly on Boobee could be a blessing in disguise) and the scheme shouldn't be changing too much. I think we have good plays just not calling the ideal ones at the ideal times with too much creativity. I get it, when I play madden I prefer a specific run play but you can't just spam the HB Base everytime you're running it. Hoping we see more counters, draws, sweeps, etc. this year and a more sophisticated passing scheme.

I love the idea about quizzes on the playbook. How would this work with the NCAA rules though? You have to watch those guys when you do anything these days. With covid-19, there could be some ease in the rules. I am not sure of the rules and know that we have those on the site that know these rules far better than the Doc. One last thing Zeek, who do you think will be out starting guards? It looks like we have a lot of talent there to choose from.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, Zeek said:

Removed Walk-Ons, highlighted players who are eligible to receive a RS from last season, updated numbers, and removed my commentary.

I fully expect most of the highlighted players to be Redshirt Freshmen instead of Sophomores. Traivon Leonard is unlikely to receive one. Coynis Miller honestly should have redshirted once already (same with Troxell).

Why aren’t you a moderator , yet?

22 hours ago, DAG said:

Why aren’t you a moderator , yet?

Haha probably because I’m a bit of an idiot when it comes to game threads 

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Didn't Cord Sandberg declare he was leaving? Did I dream that somewhere?

I haven't heard that. I know it has been said that he was planning on being a coach, hence why he was okay with being a backup in the first place. In any case, he's not listed as being in the transfer portal: https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Didn't Cord Sandberg declare he was leaving? Did I dream that somewhere?

Like red said, I haven’t seen anything to signify that’s the case. The board would likely be panicking a lot more if our only two scholarship quarterbacks were Bo and a relatively low rated true freshman.

Archived