Conspiracy Time: Did Gus Play Politics?

Malcolm_FleX48

Just now, DAG said:

I do believe that. And I woulds never buy anything from you. You are kind of unstable lol.

Lol. I'm unstable? I'm sorry I didnt know you knew me personally. And you're illogical if you truly think Gatewood was better and got screwed. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, twilli13 said:

Lol. I'm unstable? I'm sorry I didnt know you knew me personally. And you're illogical if you truly think Gatewood was better and got screwed. 

Oh did I say that? Hahahaha Look how mad you are. It will be okay big guy. Go hug a puppy.

Just now, twilli13 said:

I think we are finding out that everyone is pretty mediocre 

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Yes Bo looks better but JG would have definitely been serviceable when Bo was struggling 

Yes Joey definitely should have been given a shot by Gus when Bo struggled. But to suggest not giving a backup a shot the starter is struggling is something new for Gus and only related to Bo is completely ignoring history. 

Just now, twilli13 said:

Yes Joey definitely should have been given a shot by Gus when Bo struggled. But to suggest not giving a backup a shot the starter is struggling is something new for Gus and only related to Bo is completely ignoring history. 

Well minus Clemson 2016

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh did I say that? Hahahaha Look how mad you are. It will be okay big guy. Go hug a puppy.

Says the guy who got all offended at me suggesting he buy a timeshare. 

2 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Says the guy who got all offended at me suggesting he buy a timeshare. 

What? lol good comeback. Bro get out of here. We were having a good conversation before you came in here ranting like you did last week. You are about to have an aneurysm over here.

6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I'm beginning to think you are right.   I at least see the admins of the Twitter account deleted the Tweet.  So, credit to them for that at least.

Of course they deleted it. It was petty AF. 

Just now, DAG said:

What? lol good comeback. Bro get out of here. We were having a good conversation before you came in here ranting like you did last, week. You are about to have an aneurysm over here.

Ohh noo guy with little man syndrome is trying to rile me up on a message board because he doesnt like my take on things. Gosh whatever should I do. Look who's getting all mad now trying  to tell me to leave because the conversation was so good before 

Just now, twilli13 said:

Ohh noo guy with little man syndrome is trying to rile me up on a message board because he doesnt like my take on things. Gosh whatever should I do. Look who's getting all mad now trying  to tell me to leave because the conversation was so good before 

I honestly don't care man lol. It will be okay.

Just now, twilli13 said:

I like you but it was civil before you got here 😂 

Just now, wcware said:

Damn it!!!!!!!

I've enjoyed this jumping of the AU/LSU line the last 12 hours.  I don't bet Auburn games during normal seasons, but this season I'm determined I'm going to have at least some happiness in the outcome.

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I've enjoyed this jumping of the AU/LSU line the last 12 hours.  I don't bet Auburn games during normal seasons, but this season I'm determined I'm going to have at least some happiness in the outcome.

I play 3 parlays every week. That’s as deep as I go

5 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

The flip side of the coin with Bo was that as a true freshman, Gus was trying to give him every snap he could. 

I would have left if I were Joey too. I think Bo won the job fair and square, but Gus clearly demonstrated that he was going to ride and die with Bo. Maybe unfair to Joey, I don't know. There were obviously spots where I think it would have been beneficial to get Joey in the game, but JG is obviously not comfy throwing the ball down field. 

My biggest gripe was not letting JG run the full offense during garbage time, when we had games in hand. 

12 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Oh good lord really...if you believe that, I've got a time share I'd love to sell you. The hard truth is Gatewood is not the answer all those on the Gatewood bandwagon wanted him to be. Bo ain't good, but I'm not seeing anything to indicate Gatewood was screwed because of politics. 

Reading back on this thread you see a lot of people say things like "it makes no sense Gatewood didn't get put in (insert game here) unless he's really just that bad".

Well, I think it's clear now he's just that bad. I'm sure people will reply and tell me I just hate Gatewood and want him to fail, etc. etc. But I've just watched the guy play and seen nothing to suggest he's a good QB. He doesn't even run physical.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

The flip side of the coin with Bo was that as a true freshman, Gus was trying to give him every snap he could. 

I would have left if I were Joey too. I think Bo won the job fair and square, but Gus clearly demonstrated that he was going to ride and die with Bo. Maybe unfair to Joey, I don't know. There were obviously spots where I think it would have been beneficial to get Joey in the game, but JG is obviously not comfy throwing the ball down field. 

My biggest gripe was not letting JG run the full offense during garbage time, when we had games in hand. 

I think this is the best take I've seen.  Some people can't see two things can be true. 1) Bo could be better than Gatewood and 2) Legacy/name politics could have played a role into how JG was/wasn't used.  Regardless, it's laughable for a "Bo was always best" ego victory lap after JG's first start at UK.  

Archived