Team attitude on sideline

TigerOne

This game was totally opposite of last week. Lots of encouragement, support, team chemistry. Obviously a big change. Coaches and players get credit for getting on the same page.

Could have easily turned into every man for himself but instead showed Auburn family support and sticks together. Issues, still, yes but today turned in the right direction.

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

This game was totally opposite of last week. Lots of encouragement, support, team chemistry. Obviously a big change. Coaches and players get credit for getting on the same page.

Could have easily turned into every man for himself but instead showed Auburn family support and sticks together. Issues, still, yes but today turned in the right direction.

I really think the players let SCar trash talking & less than sportsmanlike play get to them on O and D. They let it get to them & they started pointing fingers at each other. But yes, night and day yesterday compared to last week. I will say that ole miss played a classy game. The way it should be.

I watched the LSU-SC game and the trash talking appears to be South Carolina’s MO.  They started from the very beginning of the game with words and extra shoves. 

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

I watched the LSU-SC game and the trash talking appears to be South Carolina’s MO.  They started from the very beginning of the game with words and extra shoves. 

Saw the same thing

14 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Didn't see the game but LSU responded appropriately and beat the bird droppings out of them. 

27 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

LSU seemed to quell it with 52 points..

38 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

It was a little sad watching Auburn fans melt over that last week. I get being concerned about the infighting on our own sideline, though, and it was good to see a more cohesive team yesterday.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Didn't see the game but LSU responded appropriately and beat the bird droppings out of them. 

Exactly I have minimal issue with trash talk if you back it up . But don’t trash talk to the point it takes you out of your own game and that is what our players did. 

Great job by the staff of reeling our team in. They handled the adversity of the game yesterday the way that I expect Auburn teams to behave and respond. 

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Correct. I'm friends with quite a few SC alum and fans, and they are sick of how their team acts this season. Said it all starts with their wide receiver (Smith maybe?) and goes from there. 

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Yep. Refs can stop it- it only takes one flag - but it never came. 

There’s no reason why USC shouldn’t trash talk. If you come into games as a routine dog, your coaches are hapless most weeks, you should as a locker room take it upon yourself to bring it. Opposing fan bases should hate it, but that’s a pansy mentality to not want your guys to play mental games 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s no reason why USC shouldn’t trash talk. If you come into games as a routine dog, your coaches are hapless most weeks, you should as a locker room take it upon yourself to bring it. Opposing fan bases should hate it, but that’s a pansy mentality to not want your guys to play mental games 

Yeah im not mad at SC talking, that’s what they supposed to do and see if it can affect you. Fans talk all day and say all kinds of crazy stuff but the actual players supposed to stay quiet? 🤨

Saw a lot of jawing by Mizzou yesterday too.  Towards the end of the game, the whole sideline taunted a UK player after a play ended.  Ref should have flagged the sideline.  Something about Mizzou has never set right with me.  That display yesterday didn't improve that. 

7 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Saw a lot of jawing by Mizzou yesterday too.  Towards the end of the game, the whole sideline taunted a UK player after a play ended.  Ref should have flagged the sideline.  Something about Mizzou has never set right with me.  That display yesterday didn't improve that. 

I seen that.  That was trash.  Should have been a flag.  

On 10/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, boisnumber1 said:

Yep. Refs can stop it- it only takes one flag - but it never came. 

Exactly correct..on a good day(which does not usually happen with our SEC refs) they would have thrown a few flags and better controlled our game. The only way to otherwise control it is to prepare and play at a higher effort level than your competition.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:00 PM, Sizzle said:

Yeah im not mad at SC talking, that’s what they supposed to do and see if it can affect you. Fans talk all day and say all kinds of crazy stuff but the actual players supposed to stay quiet? 🤨

Nobody said be quiet, but there is such a thing as unsportmanlike conduct and keeping things from getting out of hand. Everyone these days seems to think it means they are a man if they can run their mouth like a fool after every play.

18 hours ago, au701948 said:

Exactly correct..on a good day(which does not usually happen with our SEC refs) they would have thrown a few flags and better controlled our game. The only way to otherwise control it is to prepare and play at a higher effort level than your competition.

Well a coach putting a player on the bench for a time will stop a lot of it also.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, BJCrawford said:

That's a Mushchamp specialty noticed on Def when he was at AU.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, au701948 said:

Did I miss a bunch of actual fights or dirty hits or something? 

Archived