Mail In Ballots

tomcat

There seems to be a lot of aingst in some corners regarding mail in ballots. Trump has floated significant Bravo Sierra regarding this. Certainly if Trump was on the long end of the stick with mail in ballots it would be the best thing since men walking on the moon.

These ballots are secure and everyone mailed up to and on Election Day should be counted.

security described in this link...

https://azpbs.org/horizon/2020/09/mail-in-ballots-security-system/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why even have day of election voting any more. Every registered voters should be mailed a ballot with a prepaid envelope. I voted by mail this year and it was so easy.

Note: A voter shouldn't even ask for the ballot. It should just show up in the mail at election time.

3 hours ago, creed said:

Why even have day of election voting any more. Every registered voters should be mailed a ballot with a prepaid envelope. I voted by mail this year and it was so easy.

Note: A voter shouldn't even ask for the ballot. It should just show up in the mail at election time.

With as much mail as I get addressed to other people, I would be concerned.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is where I would put rules in place because with rights come responsibility. Rule one. It’s the responsibility of the voter to keep their address updated. If their ballet is sent to the wrong address it’s on them. Rule two. If a voter does not exercise their right to vote in two consecutive elections they lose their right to vote for one year and they have to register to vote again. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

There were some states that already had mail-in ballots, but very few.  It would have made better sense to institute a mail-in ballot system during the mid-term instead of a Presidential election.  COVID was the panic and panic tends to erase all common sense.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

BB...did you read the link?  The down side is usps getting the ballot to the correct address..and delivering it. If the ballot is delivered to the wrong person who votes with it, there are safe guards in the process to catch it. Significant verification is performed on each ballot. 

8 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

We should just vote by email.

I don't really associate with anyone disappointed in the election outcome, but they at least have an IQ capable of discerning the potential fraud with online voting and recognize the need to assure voting integrity with an American populus. Lost on many here.

42 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I don't really associate with anyone disappointed in the election outcome, but they at least have an IQ capable of discerning the potential fraud with online voting and recognize the need to assure voting integrity with an American populus. Lost on many here.

Hmmmmm...ok.

2 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Hmmmmm...ok.

Admitting being lost. LOL.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Email voting = much integrity.

I've voted by mail for years, but this year wifey and I decided to stand in line for early voting in person because we wanted to make sure our vote counted. Why? Because we did not trust our deep red state to count our votes if we mailed them in.  IMO, this should never be an issue. Every voter (including me) shoukd *trust* that our state will tally our vote.

However -- Every state makes their own laws concerning what votes are legally valid and they count those votes. To me, this is an issue that should be addressed by federal law (but likely never will). IMO, the process for voting for President of the U.S. and Congress members of the House and Senate are FEDERAL ELECTIONS. As such, there should be legally defined procedures for elections of these federal offices that are uniform, applying to every state.

One set of laws that regulate how in-person voting is to be conducted, and how absentee/mail-in voting is to be handled.  It is important not to exclude our military families stationed out of state or abroad, students in school in other states, our populace that is home bound, in health care facilities, or otherwise unable to vote in person, people who are out of state for business or other travel, the elderly who cannot stand in line, etc, etc. These people have a right to vote.

Personally, I question state laws that accept mail ballots that are *postmarked* after election day. But again, as the laws stand right now, every state makes their own laws. I would prefer that it be regulated by federal law regarding elections for federal offices.

20 hours ago, AURex said:

Personally, I question state laws that accept mail ballots that are *postmarked* after election day. But again, as the laws stand right now, every state makes their own laws. I would prefer that it be regulated by federal law regarding elections for federal offices.

Are there any state laws that accept ballots postmarked *after* election day? I know of several states that accept ballots received after election day so long as those ballots are postmarked by election day, and I think there may be some exceptions for overseas/military ballots, but at first thought I'm blank on states that allow ballots that aren't mailed/postmarked by election day to count.

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

If you can riot you can vote.

Color me unsurprised you'd respond that way.

Care to address the vast majority of people that don't riot yet still would like to stay safe?

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

One thing that might fix some of the problems:  Voting in person with an ID.

Fix what problems? The ones in your head? Seriously, voter fraud is vanishingly small. Remember Trump's voter fraud commission from 2017? Know what they found? Yup. They disbanded after finding...essentially nothing.

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Fix what problems? The ones in your head? Seriously, voter fraud is vanishingly small. Remember Trump's voter fraud commission from 2017? Know what they found? Yup. They disbanded after finding...essentially nothing.

This is a reassuring truth. They were ready to look at anything and found, basically nothing.

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Yes, that was in 2017 before the pandemic panic of 2020.  It was reassuring then, but since the mail-in voting (“don’t let a crisis go to waste” Democrats) pushed several states to mail-in ballots the *potential* for voter fraud could be real.  That’s why the investigations.  I hope they find very little fraud and this mess will be over.  If that happens it could soothe some feelings.

You have to admit (I guess you don’t) that the optics are very bad when Fulton County stops voting for the night, and without telling the observers, resumes the count.  This is why Georgia is recounting by hand now.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Wednesday that his state will conduct a manual hand recount of all ballots cast in the presidential race in the state, as he faces growing pressure from fellow Georgia Republicans over unsubstantiated accusations of voting irregularities and mismanagement of the state's elections.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-election-hand-recount-audit-presidential-race/

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, that was in 2017 before the pandemic panic of 2020.  It was reassuring then, but since the mail-in voting (“don’t let a crisis go to waste” Democrats) pushed several states to mail-in ballots the *potential* for voter fraud could be real.  That’s why the investigations.  I hope they find very little fraud and this mess will be over.  If that happens it could soothe some feelings.

You have to admit (I guess you don’t) that the optics are very bad when Fulton County stops voting for the night, and without telling the observers, resumes the count.  This is why Georgia is recounting by hand now.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Wednesday that his state will conduct a manual hand recount of all ballots cast in the presidential race in the state, as he faces growing pressure from fellow Georgia Republicans over unsubstantiated accusations of voting irregularities and mismanagement of the state's elections.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-election-hand-recount-audit-presidential-race/

You be sure to send your contribution to Dear Leader's  "legal fund".  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You be sure to send your contribution to Dear Leader's  "legal fund".  :rolleyes:

So, you don’t care if it was a valid election or not?  You were the biggest supporter of the Russia Hoax as it consumed you for 4 years and you don’t want to see an investigation of voter fraud.  Why is that?  You’re candidate won, is that the reason?  Seems rather leftism to me.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, you don’t care if it was a valid election or not?  You were the biggest supporter of the Russia Hoax as it consumed you for 4 years and you don’t want to see an investigation of voter fraud.  Why is that?  You’re candidate won, is that the reason?  Seems rather leftism to me.

It was a valid election. Period.

I care about the number of  cultists - like yourself - that are swallowing Trump's lies and are willing to place him above the interests of the country.

I don't care how many "investigations" Trump has tried to launch. If there's a single one that can be justified with evidence, than I support it.

https://time.com/5908505/trump-lawsuits-biden-wins/

Finally there was no Russia "hoax".   That's just another example of you swallowing the lies.

Archived