Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, drewzums343 said:

The linked article was posted 2 hrs ago.  Doesn’t mean it’s not true but it was prior to the school having approval to extend the offer.

Oregon board of trustees unanimously to approve the contract almost no discussion before voting.

They talked about how happy they've been with how clean the program has been ran and parents seem to love Cristobal after they had issues before him?

One of the trustee members joked about betting on games and another lady there said "since we're on record would you like to clarify that you aren't gambling on games and that was a joke?" He laughed and said how you can't say anything anymore but never said he was joking... lol

9 minutes ago, WinstonMcFlurry said:

being a godly man ≠being a good man 

While that's true, I know the family. 

So basically.. We've got people saying that the plan was to get Steele all along. That they NEVER had any other coaches in mind. Then we have people saying that Cristobal was #1 choice.. but Steele is gaining traction... blah blah..  Lil Mook or whoever claiming it would be announced a couple days ago that Cristobal is the guy.. 

Then people wonder why so many of us don't believe these "sources" that are all over twitter lol.

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Correct Loof but it wouldn't have to have been anything on the field. It could have been something behind what we can see. I hope there's nothing to it. 

I suppose so, and maybe they were banking on Gus doing exactly what he did, buuuut...

10 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Ya, he was actually keeping Gus employed.

...this. I mean, look at what Steele did to LSU last year. Like... he tried really, really hard to win games for Gus. Which would have made it waaaaaay harder to fire Gus. 

Just now, AUDevil said:

Sounds like Cristobal was the smokescreen.  Those in charge never had any intention of bringing him here.

Depends on which ones in charge. Some still want him and are still trying to get him. It's literally just a matter of a couple others saying "yes". 

Just now, oracle79 said:

Man if I was going to overthrow a government, I wouldn't hire Lowder.  LOL, he's 0-2 in regime changes.

"When asked for confirmation, Lowder had no comment."

wt.JPG

30 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

I have a good friend that’s an IU grad. He just sent me this and said that the folks in and around Bloomington are panicking. Any chance we’re talking to Tom Allen? I haven’t read through the 100+ pages in this thread. 

5BED5E4D-8D19-4A8F-9287-A4950C0FBE90.jpeg

Considering he was a 20+ million dollar buyout I doubt it

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oregon board of trustees unanimously to approve the contract almost no discussion before voting.

They talked about how happy they've been with how clean the program has been ran and parents seem to love Cristobal after they had issues before him?

One of the trustee members joked about betting on games and another lady there said "since we're on record would you like to clarify that you aren't gambling on games and that was a joke?" He laughed and said how you can't say anything anymore but never said he was joking... lol

Lol. Heard that part at the end too

So before everyone loses their mind, as far as I know Cristobal hasn’t signed the contract. This is just a formal offer. If he doesn’t come here it’s absolutely because he wants to be there and not the money because if you don’t think we can beat 6 yr 27 mil contract I’ve got some oceanfront property here in Tennessee for you. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I suppose so, and maybe they were banking on Gus doing exactly what he did, buuuut...

...this. I mean, look at what Steele did to LSU last year. Like... he tried really, really hard to win games for Gus. Which would have made it waaaaaay harder to fire Gus. 

Maybe it wasn't an active conspiracy with Steele. Perhaps people on the BOT agreed that if Gus couldn't turn it around, they'd fire him and promote Steele. KS may not have even been in on the plan.

forum comment from a local sports beat writer:

If Auburn fired Malzahn only to wind up with Kevin Steele as HC and Mike Bobo as OC, I'm not sure I'll ever lose my erection.

😖

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

So before everyone loses their mind, as far as I know Cristobal hasn’t signed the contract. This is just a formal offer. If he doesn’t come here it’s absolutely because he wants to be there and not the money because if you don’t think we can beat 6 yr 27 mil contract I’ve got some oceanfront property here in Tennessee for you. 

Supposedly its heavy on the incentives, easy incentives, that would eventually bring it above $6 mil/yr.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Sounds like Cristobal was the smokescreen.  Those in charge never had any intention of bringing him here.

? Cristobal still has to sign and accept

8 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Old news he’s agreed to nothing yet. That’s just his offer. 

Archived