Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

Sorry but this is a really bad take.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The thought was that Bo wanted to see Garner become the first black DC at Auburn

Get woke, go broke. 

Bo was a wonderful football player, but I’m over the idol worship and 24/7 sucking off of Bo Jackson. That was almost 40 years ago. 

15 minutes ago, lala said:

When Champ left for USCe he referenced this very thing

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, I hear ya. I’m just trying to figure this all out myself.

I k ow I saw/read/heard somewhere that USCe tried and the SEC said “no”. I’m sorry I don’t have a link...

I heard the former player say that on the JBoy podcast linked earlier, but I KNOW ive seen E or someone similar say the SEC said you can hire freeze but expect the ncaa to set up camp in house

So who knows. I think Tennessee is where Freeze will go. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Bo was a wonderful football player, but I’m over the idol worship and 24/7 sucking off of Bo Jackson. That was almost 40 years ago. 

Easy to say when you didnt live through the decade with no wins vs Bama. 

I agree with your 1st statement though.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Easy to say when you didnt live through the decade with no wins vs Bama. 

I agree with your 1st statement though.

No I totally get it. I don’t support idol worship of anyone. He was important, but this a program with tons of key people who have come and gone who have made Auburn a great place. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

No I totally get it. I don’t support idol worship of anyone. He was important, but this a program with tons of key people who have come and gone who have made Auburn a great place. 

Jboy made a great comment on his pod the other day about the committee. He said where’s Jason Campbell, takeo spikes, Brandon cox, (pretty much saying the committee should consist of more current players) etc and the answer is clearer than ever now. 

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

The men you keep calling names are good Auburn men. Auburn men not in the peanut gallery tossing peanuts at elephants.  Many leaks with no names attached and stories abound.  Somebody put a direct quoted first hand source on the record and you might have something.  All I see is quoted hear say.  It is good  for message boards traffic but is gossip at best.

"Peanut gallery. Throwing peanuts at elephants." Good to see the honesty about your group's egocentric narcissism. 

Auburn folks aren't big fans of elephants. Whether they be the ones across the state or the bloated self-entitled ones like you and your cronies.

43 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I just did. 

Ok so with what RiR said, its clear who the "fire me" guy was. What isnt clear is the coach who was solidly pro-gus. Maybe crimedawg?

This was my question after listening 

3 minutes ago, TigerStripe said:

Sorry but this is a really bad take.

I can see how some could see it that way. RR comments reflect what Justin's tweets say.  Claims of conspiracies by Steele/Garner and Rane two years ago.  Conspiracies?  Aufamily forums have been conspiring longer than two years to remove Gus.  Read the threads.  So both groups of conspirators wanted Gus gone. Gus is gone.  One group wants one replacement and another group with other people's money wants another.

So now one group of conspirators is mad at the other because they didn't get their way.  

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Again, easy to say if you are 35 or younger.

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

I can see how some could see it that way. RR comments reflect what Justin's tweets say.  Claims of conspiracies by Steele/Garner and Rane two years ago.  Conspiracies?  Aufamily forums have been conspiring longer than two years to remove Gus.  Read the threads.  So both groups of conspirators wanted Gus gone. Gus is gone.  One group wants one replacement and another group with other people's money wants another.

So now one group of conspirators is mad at the other because they didn't get their way.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

I get all the anger/rah rah let’s drain the swamp attitude, we’re all desperate for change. but...

I’m not sure most here are ready to accept the consequences of what they are asking for. All of college athletics is built on funding from boosters and a recruiting network that boosters essentially are responsible for. Auburn, like every other major D1 program, plays the same game. Ousting our biggest financial contributors will not be an overnight fix to the program. Quite the opposite in fact. It’s a long term solution with no guarantee we ever return/reach the level of prominence we all aspire for. 

Boosters obviously don't create the right coach, but the right coach will create boosters.

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Jboy made a great comment on his pod the other day about the committee. He said where’s Jason Campbell, takeo spikes, Brandon cox, (pretty much saying the committee should consist of more current players) etc and the answer is clearer than ever now. 

Amen! We need competent alumni who want to win and who want what’s best for the school. They know first hand how the experience at Auburn can change one’s life. 

2 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Wanting someone gone is not the same as actively undermining your superior and going behind their back to have them removed. But you know that. It just doesnt fit in your angle. 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

"Peanut gallery. Throwing peanuts at elephants." Good to see the honesty about your group's egocentric narcissism. 

Auburn folks aren't big fans of elephants. Whether they be the ones across the state or the bloated self-entitled ones like you and your cronies.

They only cronies I am hanging with are in this forum. Your one of them.

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

They only cronies I am hanging with are in this forum. Your one of them.

AUF user @Ausburn2 joined on Wednesday and is either Phillip Marshall, Justin Ferguson, or Jimmy Ranes 

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Again, easy to say if you are 35 or younger.

So we should hire the first black coach just to make him happy? Lmao ok 

I don’t care if I wasn’t alive during the 70’s, Auburn is more important than any one individual.

43 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The thought was that Bo wanted to see Garner become the first black DC at Auburn

You gonna credit that statement or just make him think you have inside dope? 😎

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And Charles Barkley - he's a huuuuge AU football fan.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

AUF user @Ausburn2 joined on Wednesday and is either Phillip Marshall, Justin Ferguson, or Jimmy Ranes 

So we can expect Ausburn1 and Ausburn3 anytime now... swell, can't wait. 

Archived