Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s your opinion to have. Auburn has had disastrous defenses before. There’s no chance in hell Rodney would field a worse one than the mid to early 2010s ones though. 

If he’s involved in this crap like as has been said, nobody will want him around anyways.  

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s your opinion to have. Auburn has had disastrous defenses before. There’s no chance in hell Rodney would field a worse one than the mid to early 2010s ones though. 

Agree. I love what Rodney has done for Auburn through the years (and hated it when he was kicking our a** at UT and UGa). If he’s only needing to be better than PawPaw Ellis he has a low threshold to exceed. 

31 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Who do you want as the new head coach? 

Hard to say. Want versus who is on the table you know are two different things.  Napier in the present climate. Clarke and Freeze in the next group.  Freeze despite being old MS fired. In that he can coach and use our existing talent better.  Bigger hires could be possible.

Just now, fredst said:

Agree. I love what Rodney has done for Auburn through the years (and hated it when he was kicking our a** at UT and UGa). If he’s only needing to be better than PawPaw Ellis he has a low threshold to exceed. 

Well if word is true that he’s getting ready to retire, that the heavy lifting has taken a toll on him, etc, what would the DC role do to him?

RIR pushed a story that has already been publicly backed by 2 recruiting insiders, at least 2 former players, at least 1 current reporter and 1 former reporter.  All saying very similar things.

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If he’s involved in this crap like as has been said, nobody will want him around anyways.  

I’m not absolving him for mutiny, but I think people are letting those feelings dissuade their opinion for him as a defensive mind. He’s not bad in that regard. I’d like for him and his boss to be shown the door, but unless we make a non-Trustee type hire...

1 minute ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

If he knew he was plotting against him, why didn’t Gus just fire Steele?

An apology at that point means nothing.

Yeah I dont get that either. Theres really no way you could trust them again if true. Why keep them?

2 minutes ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

Some post made earlier implied that it wasn’t an option he could make

Imma respect Garner fairly high regardless, bc I know quite a few anecdotes about what he’s done for the kids in that locker room, esp the ones he has charge over. Him and his wife 

I think CKS and him committed an objective “bad”, but don’t allow this to be some black and white situation with how you view them as humans

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Imma respect Garner fairly high regardless, bc I know quite a few anecdotes about what he’s done for the kids in that locker room, esp the ones he has charge over. Him and his wife 

I think CKS and him committed an objective “bad”, but don’t allow this to be some black and white situation with how you view them as humans

The issue is how it went down and the players involved. We can't trust it moving forward. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just question how he would do in said role since it was said that he was getting ready to retire Bc of the toll everything has taken on him. Just don’t think taking on a DC role makes anything any easier for him.

9 minutes ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

Because the assumption is he didn’t have the power to just fire him as CKS had the backing of powerful people 

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

you’re going along with the norm that the PTB want to a T. Everything going on in auburn athletics is rosess and there is no bs. It may be your opinion but based on people that know things I am more inclined to believe than I am your “opinion”

No.  If you can't work with the PTB who do you work with? Roses and B.S. are part of life.  If you change the board, the ad and president what do you have?  A new group of PTB is all. Put all 30  year olds in control give them the keys to car and they will crash as well.  They won't have the capital to recover from a bad hire.

Just now, Ausburn2 said:

No.  If you can't work with the PTB who do you work with? Roses and B.S. are part of life.  If you change the board, the ad and president what do you have?  A new group of PTB is all. Put all 30  year olds in control give them the keys to car and they will crash as well.  They won't have the capital to recover from a bad hire.

This line of thinking is just dumb. Get some people in there that have some pride with their name being associated with a product and don’t have the ego and need for validation to interfere . I wonder why since tubs we’ve never hired anyone as an HC that wasn’t at auburn before

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Ah yes, it's all the young guys that don't know any better.  Couldn't be that old dudes who are trying to remake the days of Dye are past their prime (despite the fact that Dye's brand of football doesn't work anymore).

Nope.  Always the younger generation that's dumb.

3 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

There have been a pattern of bad decisions since at least the 90’s that reflect poorly on the decision makers.  They’ve managed to screw up nearly every hiring and firing.  From Bowden to Jet gate, to Nutt, to Chizik, to Smart, to this mess.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Ah yes, it's all the young guys that don't know any better.  Couldn't be that old dudes who are trying to remake the days of Dye are past their prime (despite the fact that Dye's brand of football doesn't work anymore).

Nope.  Always the younger generation that's dumb.

I mean, I’m 30 and I run a business... idk I’d be pretty happy just to be around the athletics program and be affiliated. The only time the PTB should ever step in is when the athletic department isn’t doing their job. When coaches aren’t performing, the athletic department should handle it. But I forgot, the PTB has had our Athletic department on strings forever

55 minutes ago, gr82be said:

BTW, hope I didn't sound like a smart@$$ to you. Just my sarcasm is spewing over this crap. 

I didn’t take it that way at all. Completely agree with you 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean, I’m 30 and I run a business... idk I’d be pretty happy just to be around the athletics program and be affiliated. The only time the PTB should ever step in is when the athletic department isn’t doing their job. When coaches aren’t performing, the athletic department should handle it. But I forgot, the PTB has had our Athletic department on strings forever

gTje0oD.png

5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

GENE CHIZIK. 

Gene Chizik is right but in a different context.  dude is the ass-kisser, of all ass-kissers, and worked behind the scenes to get Tubs fired years ago.   This s*** is deja vu, all over again

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

gTje0oD.png

People always want to say “rich people are so dumb”, they aren’t dumb, they didn’t get to where they are by being dumb. it’s one simple thing, EGO. Ego is single handily dragging AU football down to, potentially, a very dark place.

I’m not skeptical anymore. I’ve seen enough to know that there’s some fire to this. We can’t keep any of these coaches. Exceptions being Twill or Caddy.  And even those are iffy. 
    What head coach would want to step into this one? 

Archived