Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

Chris Peterson, Stoops. 

Meyer is the only name I’ve seen that, to me, is “earth shattering”. Would I take the other two over 99% of the names that have popped up? Absolutely... but they don’t scream “earth shattering” to me.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chimes said:

Meyer is the only name I’ve seen that, to me, is “earth shattering”. Would I take the other two over 99% of the names that have popped up? Absolutely... but they don’t scream “earth shattering” to me.

I don’t want to even entertain the idea of Meyer or Stoops coming here. That’s setting up for huge disappointment. 

Chimes, I really need u to set your profile pic to like it was back in the day. The blank C always throws me off 😂

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because the assumption is he didn’t have the power to just fire him as CKS had the backing of powerful people 

Then he lacked the balls, because he should have forced their hand. WTH were they going to to do, fire him when his buyout was 30+ million?

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t want to even entertain the idea of Meyer or Stoops coming here. That’s setting up for huge disappointment. 

Potentially, but either of those two have the clout and national respect to tell the PTB to sit down, shut up, and write the check.  

Which means neither will ever set foot here if it were even a possibility to being with.  

4 minutes ago, chimes said:

Peterson is my number one. Maybe no chance in hell of interest from either side. He had a machine in Boise , Idaho 

28 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

No.  If you can't work with the PTB who do you work with? Roses and B.S. are part of life.  If you change the board, the ad and president what do you have?  A new group of PTB is all. Put all 30  year olds in control give them the keys to car and they will crash as well.  They won't have the capital to recover from a bad hire.

Really? How in the hell do you think we won world wars, rose from economic collapse or achieved greatness as a nation? It sure as hell wasn't just because of a few big money desk chair warmers! I'm not 30 or younger but I'm an Auburn MAN and see the creed as something bigger than what you bring to the table. 

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This line of thinking is just dumb. Get some people in there that have some pride with their name being associated with a product and don’t have the ego and need for validation to interfere . I wonder why since tubs we’ve never hired anyone as an HC that wasn’t at auburn before

Not looking for your validation.  Go to the legislature get the votes you need put who want on the board. Who knows the egos of men who lead and validation.  Saban? Trump? Rane? Herbert? This all comes down to wins in a football season.  The name of the coach doesn't mean as much as the wins.  Time will tell.  Auburn pulling against it's self serves no one well.  Fans are fickle.  Win they love you.  Lose you were never any good.  In my years following Auburn, who I will always follow regardless who is the coach, they have never called about a coaching hire.  My phone is not ringing now either. And if all the people here do as they say and never go to game again it will be fine.  Better parking and easier to get a seat.

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Really? How in the hell do you think we won world wars, rose from economic collapse or achieved greatness as a nation? It sure as hell wasn't just because of a few big money desk chair warmers! I'm not 30 or younger but I'm an Auburn MAN and see the creed as something bigger than what you bring to the table. 

602F1ACE-DBC2-47B6-9802-3A374C8A7EDA.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ah yes, it's all the young guys that don't know any better.  Couldn't be that old dudes who are trying to remake the days of Dye are past their prime (despite the fact that Dye's brand of football doesn't work anymore).

Nope.  Always the younger generation that's dumb.

Didn't say they were dumb.  Those are your words.  If you live long enough and I hope you do come read your words then and listen to a younger man speak to you.  The difference now is some read history and others lived it.  Que Golf.

10 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Not looking for your validation.  Go to the legislature get the votes you need put who want on the board. Who knows the egos of men who lead and validation.  Saban? Trump? Rane? Herbert? This all comes down to wins in a football season.  The name of the coach doesn't mean as much as the wins.  Time will tell.  Auburn pulling against it's self serves no one well.  Fans are fickle.  Win they love you.  Lose you were never any good.  In my years following Auburn, who I will always follow regardless who is the coach, they have never called about a coaching hire.  My phone is not ringing now either. And if all the people here do as they say and never go to game again it will be fine.  Better parking and easier to get a seat.

People here want auburn to ascend to new heights, not the other way around. Why has auburn never hired anyone since tubs that has not had auburn ties? Fact of the matter, age doesn’t matter, people that want to see their university succeed and don’t need to have the validation of “ yea that 7 million dollar coach, he answers to me”. There’s a reason it was brought up why there weren’t more modern players on the committee instead of older players. Why aren’t more modern former players opinions valued instead of a few big money guys and a couple of older players?

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Chimes, I really need u to set your profile pic to like it was back in the day. The blank C always throws me off 😂

I haven’t even noticed it but I’ll get on that. I can’t remember what it was before/after “The Great White Hype” but I’ll try to find something fitting 

I haven’t even noticed it but I’ll get on that. I can’t remember what it was before/after “The Great White Hype” but I’ll try to find something fitting 

Great white hype is what I remember 😂😂

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Completely agree. I shake my head every time I see those two names on here

45 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

No.  If you can't work with the PTB who do you work with? Roses and B.S. are part of life.  If you change the board, the ad and president what do you have?  A new group of PTB is all. Put all 30  year olds in control give them the keys to car and they will crash as well.  They won't have the capital to recover from a bad hire.

Jesus freaking Christ. No one said give people without any experience Board of Trustees positions.  And people on this forum aren't 30 years old. What's your agenda. This is a bit different perspective but also ridiculous if you've really follow Auburn football and have read any of the threads this week. 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

People here want auburn to ascend to new heights, not the other way around. Why has auburn never hired anyone since tubs that has not had auburn ties? Fact of the matter, age doesn’t matter, people that want to see their university succeed and don’t need to have the validation of “ yea that 7’ dollar coach, he answers to me”. There’s a reason it was brought up why there weren’t more modern players on the committee instead of older players. Why aren’t more modern former players opinions valued instead of a few big money guys and a couple of older players?

Everybody answers to someone.  A committee can consult and counsel.  The President will make the hire.  Letterman have their voice. Time served does mean something.  There is a lot of dust in the air to see clearly what is going on.  I will let you continue on your quest.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Jesus freaking Christ. No one said give people without any experience Board of Trustees positions.  And people on this forum aren't 30 years old. What's your agenda. This is a bit different perspective but also ridiculous if you've really follow Auburn football and have read any of the threads this week. 

Dude has an agenda.  Needs to be ignored.

Just now, Ausburn2 said:

Everybody answers to someone.  A committee can consult and counsel.  The President will make the hire.  Letterman have their voice. Time served does mean something.  There is a lot of dust in the air to see clearly what is going on.  I will let you continue on your quest.

And time served doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have an agenda either. Keep that in mind as you keep on your grind

42 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No doubt. This Stoops thing borders on Jon Gruden territory.

37 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then he lacked the balls, because he should have forced their hand. WTH were they going to to do, fire him when his buyout was 30+ million?

Exactly . Like I said Gus is just at fault . 

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Have no agenda. Do follow Auburn football and have read the threads for a long time.  Everyone one on here is sure they know what the problem is. They all know how to fix it.  The threads this week are full hearsay that is replayed over and over until it becomes pseudo fact.  I won't bore you anymore "dumb" comments.

Archived