Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s assuming Orgeron will be at LSU for very long with all the rape cover up allegations. 

I could see Urban at LSU, if the opportunity presented itself.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Because we had 1000 better options available, and we ended up with this guy, who is more than likely going to send Auburn completely in the 🚽

I'm just saying everybody saw what you've been doing to get here.... I'm just disappointed that this is all you have, I figured you'd have some type of misdirection or something to say you're not doing it even though you are...but this is it? You're going to do it like this?

34 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The whole point in throwing Malzahn out on his butt was to get Auburn to the next level. The belief was that we should be winning more than 9 games a year. We should be too 5 in recruiting. We should be competitive in the playoff hunt. The move to get Malzahn out was made to elevate Auburn in the college football world. This hire just doesn’t give me any confidence that it is going to happen. 

Im happy it isn’t Steele. But to go throw a 9 day search, pass on several very qualified and better candidates, miss out on several others, and arrive at a guy with almost no power 5 experience... I’m disgusted.

BINGO! How much was Malzone’s buyout for this guy?

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Nice. You post here much?

I just opened my account today and have been an Auburn fan since Tommie Agee and Lionel James days. I am just giving my opinion based on what I have seen from Boise State. I would have preferred someone with southern recruiting knowledge. it's ok to be optimistic but Tony Elliot , Sark or Freeze would have been far better option.

I keep going back to the fact that Harsin's Alma Mater is Boise State, this was his dream job you have to think. He's leaving his dream job for Auburn because he thinks he can win and do better here. That's something I love to think about! He is betting on himself to win with us!

18 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Georgia whoops auburns ass almost every year. It's barely even a rivalry. Hiring Bryan harsin doesn't make me feel that will be any different. You're delusional if you think he can compete with orgeron, smart and Saban. 

Don’t forget Jimbo 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don’t know much about him but not hating what I’m reading. 

Please fire Steele and company. 

I’m in this camp. I’m not blown away by the hire, but I’m also not ready to jump off the ledge because we didn’t hire Urban Meyer. We could’ve done worse and we could’ve done better, but he deserves a fan base with an open mind. 

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

At least he “looks” the part in that pic!

He looks like he'd call Saban a b**** to his face 

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

I mean he wasn't on my radar because I figured he was Boise through and through.

But y'all are smoking something if you think is the worse than Steele or Clark or Brown or any of these offensive guru flyers...

Totally agree

34 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

No nonsense old school type. I like him so far.

Awesome! He just curb stomped 90% if the folks on this forum who are twidiots with uninformed opinions. I already like this dude. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

He looks like he'd call Saban a b**** to his face 

We’ve been wanting a coach with some balls, he seems to have that part covered. 

Can we get him to run a sample offense with a minute and a half on the clock at our own 35 at the end of the 1st half before he signs?

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just stop. We didn’t have 1000 better options than Harsin. We had maybe 4 or 5. Cristobal, Napier, Freeze, Venables, and perhaps a Kiffin or Sark. And two of those come with the NCAA’s extra special attention. Only Cristobal and Napier were home runs with no baggage. The others were very good options. 

We missed on MC and BN and that does piss me off. But this isn’t a crap hire by any stretch. 

I have to say I agree and excited to watch wait and see.

Anyone know if Kevin Steele has a buyout clause?  If so, what is it?  Will it decrease after Jan. 1?  These would be good things to know to determine if retained, for how long if they would not extend his contract.

Mixed feelings at first on this announcement. 
Positives 

It looks like AG hired this coach. 
He doesn’t seem like he’ll be a Geppetto doll for the PTB. 
Doesn’t beat around the bush with coach speech. 
Sounds like he doesn’t take his foot off the pedal when he’s winning, so maybe he’s got the killer instinct that we need. 

Negatives. 
I don’t know anything about him before today. 
Not sure how he’ll recruit in the SEC, but not saying he can’t kick butt. 

So, my negatives don’t mean crap and I’m behind our new coach. 
WDE!!! Let’s get a new era going and let the coach be a coach, not a puppet. 

We're just diving into the great unknown here. He could be the next Urban Meyer, but he could also be the next Butch Jones.

Just not much to go on. Fully behind him either way. 

Just now, roe4christ said:

Anyone know if Kevin Steele has a buyout clause?  If so, what is it?  Will it decrease after Jan. 1?  These would be good things to know to determine if retained, for how long if they would not extend his contract.

Should be fired for insubordination alone. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’ve been wanting a coach with some balls, he seems to have that part covered. 

Can we get him to run a sample offense with a minute and a half on the clock at our own 35 at the end of the 1st half before he signs?

I guess when you get desperate, you gotta do what you gotta do. At least we will have a chance at a real coach in 3 years 

Archived