Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

33 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Preeeeeeeeetty sure it's "raked" over the coals, boss.

Although, getting raped over the coals would be much worse

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help you out with the bunkerisms, but there will definitely be a change next year. That is one thing we have not been able to say for 7 or 8 years. I am going to choose to be hopeful as possibly quite everything in the ways of schemes, offense and defense will change.

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Bo will either get the mechanics correct, start standing the pocket and improve his accuracy or DD will become the starter. Harsin has no allegiance to Bo. 

I do agree with this, it is the way most head coaches make decisions. I believe the talent is there on Bo's part but unfortunately it is still raw after 2 years at this level.

I've been very underwhelmed with Bo and was team Joey last season, but I am very intrigued to see how Bo will play under an entirely new staff. Some good coaching could go a long way. 

19 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

For me, it’s not really about Bo so much as it is Gus.  Unless Bo is an exception, which I don’t think he is, Gus did not develop one solitary QB that he recruited out of HS. In 8 years...not ONE. Which is bad scouting and bad coaching; a recipe for what we’ve seen for a second straight year.  Bo probably should get a mulligan, but next year we’ll know for sure either way.

Nick Marshall, and Cam Newton, made Gus look like a genius, and made him rich. They were good enough to make lemonade out of his lemons. They were coached before they came here. I always laughed when I saw Gus with the football on a rope. 

32 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Mac Jones is 5X as good as Bo Nix and keep believing that he isn't.  

Bo Nix won't even be drafted and Jones is about to be a 1st round DP. 

Take off the blinders.  He's not good.  Just because someone loves Auburn and is a good kid doesn't make them good.

Mac Jones is a glorified game manager. He just has such good players around him and such good coaching that he looks like a champ. I really doubt he goes in the first round, and I doubt he lasts 5 years in the NFL. He’s looked good, and he does make good decisions. But I really doubt he would look better than Bo if he were starting for this Auburn team.

Bo is a much more physically gifted QB than Jones, and he’s one hell of a gamer. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. He doesn’t have great pocket presence, and he has problems setting his feet for throws. Those are correctable problems. So, giving up on Nix at this point is just really short sighted. The next head coach is allegedly a QB whisperer. Let’s see what he can do before we shrug off someone with the upside that Nix has.

Note: I have a real pet peeve about passive aggressive reactions. If you have a critique on what I’ve said, state it. But don’t act like a toddler and just “laugh emoticon” me.

31 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

Mac Jones is 5X as good as Bo Nix and keep believing that he isn't.  

Bo Nix won't even be drafted and Jones is about to be a 1st round DP. 

Take off the blinders.  He's not good.  Just because someone loves Auburn and is a good kid doesn't make them good.

Bo Nix is extremely immature, and I don't think his teammates like him very much. Average to above average talent. Prone to costly mistakes. 

45 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

He is not good, has never been good and has been completely overrated the entire time he's been the Auburn QB.  

He's tough and loves Auburn, but he has very little arm talent.  He is comically inaccurate and his arm strength is average at best.

The verdict is still out. He has been in a bad offensive scheme, bad OL and bad coaching.  Expectations were too high, he has been immature.  I trust Coach Harsin to properly evaluate his skills and do the right thing.  

1 minute ago, Stephen66 said:

Bo Nix is extremely immature, and I don't think his teammates like him very much. Average to above average talent. Prone to costly mistakes. 

And you are basing this on...

Bo would have been successful under Dye in the 80s.  He is tough physically, can run, hand off and pass for 50%.  His completion % overall is what Mac Jones comp% is on throws over 30 yds.   Just think about that.

Just now, japantiger said:

Bo would have been successful under Dye in the 80s.  He is tough physically, can run, hand off and pass for 50%.  His completion % overall is what Mac Jones comp% is on throws over 30 yds.   Just think about that.

Bad comparison. Mac Jones plays in a much better offense with 5* at every position.

28 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Mac also has 5x the talent around him. This isn't a single issue. Its multifaceted. 

Especially an OL that can block. Our OL play today was just bad.

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Mac Jones is a glorified game manager. He just has such good players around him and such good coaching that he looks like a champ. I really doubt he goes in the first round, and I doubt he lasts 5 years in the NFL. He’s looked good, and he does make good decisions. But I really doubt he would look better than Bo if he were starting for this Auburn team.

Bo is a much more physically gifted QB than Jones, and he’s one hell of a gamer. He just hasn’t been able to put it together. He doesn’t have great pocket presence, and he has problems setting his feet for throws. Those are correctable problems. So, giving up on Nix at this point is just really short sighted. The next head coach is allegedly a QB whisperer. Let’s see what he can do before we shrug off someone with the upside that Nix has.

Note: I have a real pet peeve about passive aggressive reactions. If you have a critique on what I’ve said, state it. But don’t act like a toddler and just “laugh emoticon” me.

Mac Jones would have more than likely set the all time record for QB's being sacked if he started at Auburn for the last two years. Bo Nix will look like a completely different QB under Harsin's offensive system. You all heard it here first. 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Bad comparison. Mac Jones plays in a much better offense with 5* at every position.

Really?  He throws well short, intermediate, long, standing still, rolling out, and scrambling.  He has good footwork, a good arm, good throwing mechanics, uses the pocket well, manages the huddle well, leads his team and throws for nearly 80% comp %.  But yeah, it's a little like comparing a Pop Warner QB to a real college QB.  Jones would be good playing anywhere because he is good. Bo will be bad to mediocre no matter where he is because he is basically the polar opposite of everything I said above.

13 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Mac Jones is a weak armed game manager. He just has such good players around him and such good coaching that he looks like a champ. I really doubt he goes in the first round, and I doubt he lasts 5 years in the NFL.

I’m not an Uat fan but Jones will go top 10 in the draft and be a good pro QB. The reason is his has football IQ. Knows how to go down a progression  read and very seldom makes a boneheaded decision like Bo makes two or three times a game. It’s ok to be an AU fan but don’t make stupid remarks just by because you don’t like the team Mac plays for. 

18 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Note: I have a real pet peeve about passive aggressive reactions. If you have a critique on what I’ve said, state it. But don’t act like a toddler and just “laugh emoticon”

You did the same thing to me an hour ago...you might be the least self aware individual on this board 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Mac Jones would have more than likely set the all time record for QB's being sacked if he started at Auburn for the last two years. Bo Nix will look like a completely different QB under Harsin's offensive system. You all heard it here first. 

I’m not going to completely endorse the end of your statement. Bo is far from a good QB at this point. He has a ways to go to improve into one. But there’s still a ton of potential and heart there. If Harsin can fix his problems, he has the real potential to finish his career as one of our best.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Theres a whole lot of ifs there, but its possible. Hopefully we will actually have a real route tree with real progressions instead of the one route plays we've gotten so used to. WRs that run their route without loafing when they know the ball isn't coming to them, because there's actually a chance that it will. Just establishing a consistent identity and rhythm could make a huge difference in his happy feet, especially with improved Oline play. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not an Uat fan but Jones will go top 10 in the draft and be a good pro QB. The reason is his has football IQ. Knows how to go down a progression  read and very seldom makes a boneheaded decision like Bo makes two or three times a game. It’s ok to be an AU fan but don’t make stupid remarks just by because you don’t like the team Mac plays for. 

I’ve watched their games this year. He always has a clean pocket, and rarely has to throw downfield into a small window. Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but he very strongly benefits from the system he’s in and the team he plays for. Trying to compare him to Bo is truly an apples and oranges comparison. 

47 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

. This isn't a single issue. Its multifaceted. 

BINGO!

There’s the talent around him, the system, the COACHING!!!, 5th year SR vs True Sophomore, and so on.......   

Im looking forward to seeing how Bo and DD develop with our new coaching staff!🤞

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

A big part of that is in coaching. Jones has received far better coaching at Bama than Bo at Auburn.  I'm very confident Bo would be lightyears ahead of where he is now, if Sarkisian was in his ear.

But no doubt, Jones is talented.

Jones also has MUCH better protection.

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I’m not going to completely endorse the end of your statement. Bo is far from a good QB at this point. He has a ways to go to improve into one. But there’s still a ton of potential and heart there. If Harsin can fix his problems, he has the real potential to finish his career as one of our best.

Can't disagree with any of that, only to say that Bo has had severely limited opportunity to succeed in this pathetic system, with mostly terrible line play.

I'm just going to say this, you are out of your mind if you think Bo is anywhere near Mac Jones at QB. 

I'm not going to state all the problems he has but there are many, it's damn sure not all he needs is a coach to tell him not to throw off his back foot and he'll be fine!

I also want to point out many of you I've had exchanges with about Bo have no problem pointing out the mistakes of other players.....that may be the most hypocritical stuff I've seen on this board, and I've seen alot. 

Archived