2022 5* QB Gunner Stockton (1/28 UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

So 2 weeks ago he was a long shot for uga, now he’s leaning uga. Ugh. Long time until he signs, but geez this gets on my nerves lol

@Maverick.AU Georgia was never a longshot for Stockton. When he committed to South Carolina Georgia was the school that finished right behind. When he Decommitted from South Carolina there was just misconception and misinformation placed possibly on Georgia being a longshot but I assure you they were never a longshot.

I appreciate golf and coach giving  the college spirit it ain’t over til it’s over but barring some kind of coaching change at Georgia this one is over when he commits.

Time for Bobo to work his magic. Georgia is bringing in a 5* this year. I’m sure this Gunner kid is like a lot of blue chippers these days. Has no desire to compete and will bolt as soon as he doesn’t start. 

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Maverick.AU Georgia was never a longshot for Stockton. When he committed to South Carolina Georgia was the school that finished right behind. When he Decommitted from South Carolina there was just misconception and misinformation placed possibly on Georgia being a longshot but I assure you they were never a longshot.

I’m just saying from things you and others have said a couple of weeks ago. I take “a reporter with Georgia ties thinks uga is long shot to beat us for gunner” to mean that AU is the heavy favorite. So if that was misinformation, fair enough.

We really need a meaningful and high profile recruiting win, and soon. 

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We really need a meaningful and high profile recruiting win, and soon. 

i'm an overall optimistic guy and like the direction of things, but I was just thinking the exact same thing.  need an actual tangible win in this realm.  several, tbh

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Welp that’s it

Wow. Even with the relationship he has with Bobo. Very Very interesting. Color me concerned about recruiting until we start hitting on some. 

I wonder if seeing a competent offense next season will help us here??

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

JBoy is a joke 

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Welp that’s it

😬😬😬

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Prediction: we will never get another 5 star player ever again no matter what for all eternity.

Damn I think you are right . We can’t get a damn 5 star for s*** .. damn bobo 

10 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Wow. Even with the relationship he has with Bobo. Very Very interesting. Color me concerned about recruiting until we start hitting on some. 

Yep everybody’s all excited about these new coaching hires but I’m in a wait and see approach. Welcome to the SEC Harsin, this ain’t Boise. You’re gone have to compete with UGA, Bama, and Clemson every year. Get used to it

3 weeks ago....predictions to Auburn 85%.  Nothing but positives regarding his relationship with Bobo.

1 hr ago....predictions to Georgia 55%.  30 minutes later he commits to Georgia.  

So yeah, this one stings a little...especially considering the previous info in the thread. 

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Harsin is known as one of the nations best offensive minds and both he and Bobo are known as QB gurus. I know it’s very early but it would be nice to have something exciting happen on the recruiting front.  

15 minutes ago, AUMicBK said:

i'm an overall optimistic guy and like the direction of things, but I was just thinking the exact same thing.  need an actual tangible win in this realm.  several, tbh

Yes, we need momentum.  Usually a new coach gets that.  Harsin doesn't seem to be getting any kind of momentum bump on the recruiting trail.  The Harvard OL went elsewhere.  Telvin doesn't seem to be favoring us after we fired TWill.  RB from Alabama in 2022 who we led for is now leaning to Bama.

Gunner probably was a long shot, but surprising he went to UGA so quickly.  We need some momentum and have none.  not the most ideal start.

23 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Welp that’s it

McDonalds bags are getting slung around

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Personally I like Dee better than Gunner anyways but it’s still annoying that Jboy had Gunner at 95% to Auburn. He just lost all credibility with me. 

There are very very few insiders right now in Auburn.  I don’t believe any of them.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

McDonalds bags are getting slung around

Nah UGA is handing out way more money that can’t fit in a McDonald’s bag. It’s more like a Nike duffel bags

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

There are very very few insiders right now in Auburn.  I don’t believe any of them.

it's always like this with a coaching change.  everyone is pretty much throwing stuff at the wall until new connections are made.

Archived