the plot thickens............holy cow

aubiefifty

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i will give you my opinion on that once the mueller thing is allowed to finish. he turned his findings over to congress  and told them there was enough there to warrant a deeper and broader investigation. what happened? barr redacted everything so congress could not read the whole report and it died. the investigation was never allowed to continue as mueller recommended. now you can rewrite history anyway you want but the truth is still out there. i find it funny and also stinking to high heaven you guys claim fake this and fake that but will not allow the investigation to continue and be concluded as it was supposed to be. what are you afraid of? and sorry but i am not going to acknowledge a lie. everyone knows what barr did. he put trump above the law.

How long you need to investigate? There is nothing there. You can’t claim obstruction of justice from tweeting.  If Mueller was legit he would have investigated the dossier and Clinton connections. He’s not.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And this is the problem.  We don’t elect leaders as this identity politics we are in this country can’t see past the next 4 years.

We just elected one.

Biden may or may not be successful but at least knows the proper direction we need to go.  Can't say that about the guy he's replacing.  He was interested only in himself, he could give a s*** about the direction the country was taking.

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I am talking more so of our republic and constitution. The Tuberville defense in DC that let everyone in.....not so much.

If our constitution was actually working, Trump would have been impeached and Pence might be preparing for his inauguration - or at least for a peaceful transition.

The constitution doesn't work when you have a majority of our legislatures ignoring it.

The fact we just had a mob invade our capitol is not a sign of success of our system - it more like a sign of failure, if not complete failure.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If our constitution was actually working, Trump would have been impeached and Pence might be preparing for his inauguration - or at least for a peaceful transition.

The constitution doesn't work when you have a majority of our legislatures ignoring it.

The fact we just had a mob invade our capitol is not a sign of success of our system - it more like a sign of failure, if not complete failure.

Don’t even start with acting like the constitution hasn’t been ignored before. Please 🙄

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

1st off, that is honest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/impeachment-trump-congress/2021/01/08/2a0d83ca-51c3-11eb-b96e-0e54447b23a1_story.html

Trump will be, or should be, an afterthought in a year if people stop feeding him or giving his supporters reasons to defend him.  Just let him sulk home and disappear. If the dem leadership, after beating him at the polls, believe they need to impeach him after he's left office, then that's petty and spiteful. If sides were reversed, it would still be pretty and spiteful.  Why is that offensive to say and why does it bother you so much

No it's not. 

A traitorous POTUS must be held accountable.  It's important as  precedent and for our own history.  Our position as the supreme global example of a successful democracy - founded on the rule of law - is at stake.  We are in danger of losing that, if we haven't already.

We don't have to throw him in prison, but it would be a grave mistake to let him escape without consequences or sanctions for his behavior.  Our rule of law demands he be held accountable.

The world is watching. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Did I say that? 

Please...:-\

🙄

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Well fidy there was a coup thrown at the president with help from law enforcement. It was orchestrated by Obama and Biden using the FBI CIA NSA and democrats as a whole using fake intelligence and fraud of a FISA court.  When you acknowledge this, maybe someone can have a conversation with you.

What a stupidly ignorant thing to say.  You insult everyone's intelligence with such a statement, starting with your own. :no:

Impeachment - a constitutionally proscribed process - is more certainly not a "coup" even if the senate chooses to ignore the facts and votes not to convict.

(The fact Trump survived the process and remained in power is a pretty good hint for those who are mindless or stupid enough to not recognize the difference.)

Try harder.  A lot harder. :glare:

9 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The pattern that has been shown is based on presidents that act, for lack of a better word, presidential.  Most losing candidates, and former presidents, are content to ride off into the sunset or to whatever their next endeavor is.  However, Trump is the kind of fellow you do not apply normal presidential patterns to, as nothing about him fits presidential patterns.  One of the few things Trump has been consistent about, is regularly demonstrating that presidential patterns do not apply to him.  Former presidents did not spend their terms in office rage-tweeting on a daily basis.  The ones that did not have access to Twitter, because it had not been developed yet, most likely would not have either.

I will put it in the context of coaches, since you are one, and they are important to us Auburn folks these days.  Even after you shut them out and hang 56 on them, most coaches can still summon the decency and professionalism to meet you at midfield and make at least a semi-gracious concession.  Trump is the kind of coach that would just walk off the field in disgust, then spend the next three weeks telling everyone that you cheated, and the refs were in on it because they never threw a flag (even though your team actually had several penalties and lost two starters to targeting, which you might want to work on).  The reason Trump will not just go away, is that he cannot exist in a reality where he lost, and he will continue to be low-hanging fruit that news outlets can count on.

His supporters will continue to feed him, because he will continue feeding them, and Fox News will probably feed him too.  Assuming the Republican Party starts distancing itself from Trump, their targets will become Republicans and Democrats.

Nice post and good points. 

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Politicians aren't leaders, they reflect the will of the people.  Trump didn't create this, he rode it.

Post of the Last Four Years, if the real, absolute truth be told. 
Trump is too stupid, arrogant, idiotic, too much bull****, too genuinely terrible at politics to have lead this.
This is the result of Rushannity, Breitbart, Q-Anon, Alt-Right, Alex Jones, etc pouring poison on our culture for decades. 
Trump just recognized it and used it to his advantage and even shocked himself as to how deep these emotions now run. 

I still dont think even he thought he would actually win.

UEFA Champions League Trophy Replica 14 Inches, 35.6 CM tall Soccer  collection | #1832419046

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

No it's not. 

A traitorous POTUS must be held accountable.  It's important as  precedent and for our own history.  Our position as the supreme global example of a successful democracy - founded on the rule of law - is at stake.  We are in danger of losing that, if we haven't already.

We don't have to throw him in prison, but it would be a grave mistake to let him escape without consequences or sanctions for his behavior.  Our rule of law demands he be held accountable.

The world is watching. 

And then you back up a Post of the Last Four Years Award with something as ****** tone deaf as this crap. <smdh>
The only thing you refuse to realize is that Trump owns sincere acreage in your head. Let him go away. Your side pissed away 1000 opportunities to take him down by concentrating on the gnats. Wasted four years and $Ms. Got FBI Agents arrested, Abused the FISA Process, Schiff is now looked at after the WSJ article as the biggest remaining liar in DC. Just stop and move on. You are NEVER going to get your imagined pound of flesh. It was never there to get.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

What a stupidly ignorant thing to say.  You insult everyone's intelligence with such a statement, starting with your own. :no:

Impeachment - a constitutionally proscribed process - is more certainly not a "coup" even if the senate chooses to ignore the facts and votes not to convict.

(The fact Trump survived the process and remained in power is a pretty good hint for those who are mindless or stupid enough to not recognize the difference.)

Try harder.  A lot harder. :glare:

Thanks Homer. Typical attack the poster not the post. As usual insults are all you have.  When the democrats used the constitutional process in a partisan manner with no evidence then it becomes a coup. Even you can see that.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Thanks Homer. Typical attack the poster not the post. As usual insults are all you have.  When the democrats used the constitutional process in a partisan manner with no evidence then it becomes a coup. Even you can see that.

There was enough evidence to convict him starting with obstruction of justice.  The spineless Republicans refused to do it. And here we are.

I stand by my op.  Your post was a mindlessly stupid thing to say.

Back to "ignore" with you.  You're not worth my effort.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There was enough evidence to convict him starting with obstruction of justice.  The spineless Republicans refused to do it. And here we are.

I stand by my op.  Your post was a mindlessly stupid thing to say.

Back to "ignore" with you.  You're not worth my effort.

No, he's not. And yes, you clearly spoke about his post and not the person.

14 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The pattern that has been shown is based on presidents that act, for lack of a better word, presidential.  Most losing candidates, and former presidents, are content to ride off into the sunset or to whatever their next endeavor is.  However, Trump is the kind of fellow you do not apply normal presidential patterns to, as nothing about him fits presidential patterns.  One of the few things Trump has been consistent about, is regularly demonstrating that presidential patterns do not apply to him.  Former presidents did not spend their terms in office rage-tweeting on a daily basis.  The ones that did not have access to Twitter, because it had not been developed yet, most likely would not have either.

I will put it in the context of coaches, since you are one, and they are important to us Auburn folks these days.  Even after you shut them out and hang 56 on them, most coaches can still summon the decency and professionalism to meet you at midfield and make at least a semi-gracious concession.  Trump is the kind of coach that would just walk off the field in disgust, then spend the next three weeks telling everyone that you cheated, and the refs were in on it because they never threw a flag (even though your team actually had several penalties and lost two starters to targeting, which you might want to work on).  The reason Trump will not just go away, is that he cannot exist in a reality where he lost, and he will continue to be low-hanging fruit that news outlets can count on.

His supporters will continue to feed him, because he will continue feeding them, and Fox News will probably feed him too.  Assuming the Republican Party starts distancing itself from Trump, their targets will become Republicans and Democrats.

Very good post, and if I may piggyback...this may be the only chance to hold the man accountable for five deaths, which many seem to be overlooking. If he is even brought up on legal charges, which is already doubtful in my opinion, there is a great chance he could get off on technicalities. 

I would also point out that Giuliani ("trial by combat") should absolutely be getting more attention on this than he is. Both of these men were acting like kids playing with a loaded gun, except they didn't even show remorse when it went off and killed someone.

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

How long you need to investigate? There is nothing there. You can’t claim obstruction of justice from tweeting.  If Mueller was legit he would have investigated the dossier and Clinton connections. He’s not.

however long mueller says pretty much. how many friggging times have you guys investigated hill on benghazi? be honest. you guys do the same thing but try and take the moral high ground....................

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

We just elected one.

Biden may or may not be successful but at least knows the proper direction we need to go.  Can't say that about the guy he's replacing.  He was interested only in himself, he could give a s*** about the direction the country was taking.

The post I quoted was your post that said politicians are not leaders.  It was a blanket statement of yours, therefore, Biden is not leader according to you and I happen to agree with you on that.

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The post I quoted was your post that said politicians are not leaders.  It was a blanket statement of yours, therefore, Biden is not leader according to you and I happen to agree with you on that.

I was trying to say that politicians in general tend to jump in front of trends instead of creating trends.  This is more true of politicians who are trying work them way up that the POTUS, who - by definition - is our leader. (See the MAGA senators and representatives for good examples - they are not leaders, they are followers.)

Biden will be a good president and good leader.  Primarily because he places the benefit and well-being of the country over himself.

Trump was a terrible leader because everything he did was for his personal benefit.  He conned a lot of people - such as yourself -  by appealing to their worst instincts.  But he really wanted authoritarian control as a dictator.  If you don't see that after what recently happened, there's nothing I can say to help you.  He is a traitor to our country.

Biden will appeal to our better angels. That alone will make a superior leader compared to Trump the traitor.

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

are you saying trump was a leader with all the chaos he caused? where is the love? lol

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

are you saying trump was a leader with all the chaos he caused? where is the love? lol

No, I didn’t say that at all.  Read the thread from where I quoted Homer.  I didn’t even mention Trump.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

No, I didn’t say that at all.  Read the thread from where I quoted Homer.  I didn’t even mention Trump.

but you did say biden was not a leader and he has not even taken his oath yet. see? you get on me but hwew you are banging biden before he starts and he has not grabbed anything yet. btw auburn bama round ball on right now.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I was trying to say that politicians in general tend to jump in front of trends instead of creating trends.

Thanks for clarifying.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is more true of politicians who are trying work them way up that the POTUS, who - by definition - is the our leader.

Biden had tried 2 times before to be our defined leader and failed.  His campaign was to hide in his basement and let Trump be Trump and it worked.  Not much leadership there.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump was a terrible leader because everything he did was for his personal benefit.  He conned a lot of people - such as yourself -  by appealing to their worst instincts.  But he really wanted authoritarian control as a dictator.  If you don't see that after what recently happened, there's nothing I can say to help you.  He is a traitor to our country.

Biden will appeal to our better angels. That alone will make a superior leader compared to Trump the traitor.

A lot of hyperbole in this statement, but nothing that you haven’t brought up before.  I did support him until recently and it wasn’t because he appealed to my worst instincts. Again, you like to fold all Trump supporters as one.  There were 70+ million people that thought Trump was the better choice and you want to expose them as evil people.  To what end?

The only appeal Biden had was he wasn’t Trump.  I really don’t care if he is a better leader compared to Trump, I would really like him to actually be a leader.  I have my doubts.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

but you did say biden was not a leader and he has not even taken his oath yet. see? you get on me but hwew you are banging biden before he starts and he has not grabbed anything yet. btw auburn bama round ball on right now.

I saw that about the BB game.  Hoping for the best there.  We are in a new phase as Biden takes office and he will be scrutinized, not be the media but, by those that hoped he would pull us together. So far he has done the opposite.  

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Biden had tried 2 times before to be our defined leader and failed.  His campaign was to hide in his basement and let Trump be Trump and it worked.  Not much leadership there.

A lot of hyperbole in this statement, but nothing that you haven’t brought up before.  I did support him until recently and it wasn’t because he appealed to my worst instincts. Again, you like to fold all Trump supporters as one.  There were 70+ million people that thought Trump was the better choice and you want to expose them as evil people.  To what end?

The only appeal Biden had was he wasn’t Trump.  I really don’t care if he is a better leader compared to Trump, I would really like him to actually be a leader.  I have my doubts.

They aren't evil.  Like my mother, they were duped.

Trump didn't suddenly change the moment he called on his MAGA supporters to attack the capitol.  He's been the same Trump all along.  He was the same Trump before he ran for office. 

You were conned by a master con man, along with the 70+ million people who supported him in the 2020 election. It happens. Look at history. 

It reminds me of the story of the golden calf.

We are obviously not as exceptional as a country as we thought we were.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They aren't evil.  Like my mother, they were duped.

Trump didn't suddenly change the moment he called on his MAGA supporters to attack the capitol.  He's been the same Trump all along.  He was the same Trump before he ran for office. 

You were conned by a master con man, along with the 70+ million of people who supported him in the 2020 election. It happens. Look at history.  We are obviously not as exceptional as a country as we thought we were.

We keep on trying to improve as a country and that makes our country great.  I could be wrong, but there was post from HarinVOL that you liked wanting the Trump supports to be identified.  Was that just being caught up in the moment or do you really want to know?

I was one.

Archived