2021 3* S Juwon Gaston Signs With AU!

Zeek

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh man, you really bailed me out. Thank you, brotha!

Btw, you'll appreciate this. We called it, Preach!

I watch and sing along with all the Disney musicals.  “Gaston” is one of my favorites! #dadtodaughters

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I watch and sing along with all the Disney musicals.  “Gaston” is one of my favorites! #dadtodaughters

So I've been reading & typing Gaston for about a week & never read it with the French inflection til now. Not  even with the song lyrics post earlier. lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So I've been reading & typing Gaston for about a week & never read it with the French inflection til now. Not  even with the song lyrics post earlier. lol

Sorry, bro. You can't un-hear it now. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* S Juwon Gaston Signs with AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic
2 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

He hasn’t signed yet.  Hopefully someone on social media team didn’t jump the gun.  

My understanding is that he has likely signed (otherwise AU Football could not have tweeted about him) but they were supposed to keep it quiet until he announces at his ceremony later today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

My understanding is that he has likely signed (otherwise AU Football could not have tweeted about him) but they were supposed to keep it quiet until he announces at his ceremony later today.

Fair enough.  But someone jumped the gun and then deleted the tweet.  

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Fair enough.  But someone jumped the gun and then deleted the tweet.  

Yeah I bet mama's not happy.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* S Juwon Gaston
1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Yeah I bet mama's not happy.

I hope she’s not mad like Asa Martins mom was when our prior staff accidentally burned his redshirt.  He was in the portal immediately after that.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* S Juwon Gaston Signs With AU!

Auburn keeps in-state DB Juwon Gaston home

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com

Recruiting Analyst

@ChadSimmons

A few weeks ago, if you asked Juwon Gaton where he was going on Signing Day, he would have told you South Carolina.

The Gamecocks did a good job recruiting the safety out of Montgomery (Ala.) Carver, but once Bryan Harsin and the new staff at Auburn offered, things shifted pretty quickly towards the in-state school.

"It was a tough decision because I was leaning towards South Carolina before Auburn started recruiting me, but I felt Auburn was too good to not go to," said Gaston.

"They both kept talking to me a lot, but Auburn is close to home, a lot of my family loves Auburn, and I like the chance I have to play at Auburn. Them being close to home made it easier for me."

Zac Etheridge and Derek Mason recruited Gaston for the Tigers, and they got after him right after they offered in mid January.

They quickly connected, and in the end, Auburn was too much to turn down.

"They got on me hard right now when they offered and I like both those guys a lot," Gaston added. "It took a little time for us to get to know each other, but I like both of them.

"I just felt it had to be Auburn. I have been there before, I know about the school and I love the fans.

"I feel great to make this decision. My family is happy and I know I can put it on for the state at Auburn now."

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

2021 football signee JUCO bound

by Keith Niebuhr

54 minutes ago

Auburn's 2021 football recruiting class is down a man.

Safety Juwon Gaston, a 4-star recruit in the 247Sports rankings from Montgomery (Ala.) Carver, is headed to Hutchinson Community College (Kan.), Auburn Undercover has learned. It is our understanding the Tigers are likely to re-recruit him down the road.

Gaston, listed at 5-feet-11 and 187 pounds, committed to Auburn on Feb. 3 -- National Signing Day -- over South Carolina.

Auburn offered Gaston, the No. 30 safety in the country and No. 17 recruit in the state of Alabama for 247Sports, on Jan. 20. New secondary coach Zac Etheridge, a former Auburn standout, led the charge for the Tigers in this recruitment.

Gaston's stock rose after a strong senior season.

Per Andrew Ivins of 247Sports, “the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game selection put together a monster season contributing on defense, offense and special teams. In total, he scored 10 of his 13 touchdowns via the return game while also making 96 tackles and picking off five passes.”

Edited by Paladin

Hate it for the kid. Hope he can get his grades in order and can make it back to AU in the future. 

Definitely a position group that can absorb losing a guy. Mason may grab another couple transfer DBs just in case now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Hate it for the kid. Hope he can get his grades in order and can make it back to AU in the future. 

Definitely a position group that can absorb losing a guy. Mason may grab another couple transfer DBs just in case now lol

Well the numbers certainly suggest that the staff *might* have had some concerns about this possibility.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does this mean we have an extra scholarship to count back towards 2021? Can one of the transfers that is counting towards 2022 now count toward 2021? 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, McLoofus said:

Well the numbers certainly suggest that the staff *might* have had some concerns about this possibility.

So nice to see a plan come together. FOR ONCE.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, AuburnTaco said:

Does this mean we have an extra scholarship to count back towards 2021? Can one of the transfers that is counting towards 2022 now count toward 2021? 

Pretty sure he signed meaning we lose that scholly 😕

11 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Pretty sure he signed meaning we lose that scholly 😕

That stinks. Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...