Harsin Contract

ChristoThor

Now I have only begun following Auburn very closely recently. With that being said, I have been trying to figure out what is going on with Harsin as far as his contract is concerned.  I don't know if it is problematic to ask, but what kind of contract was extended to Harsin? A buddy sent me a link to a TN thread that also popped up in our rivals forum where they are stating it is 5 year, 25 million dollar contract. Is this true? I am not upset by the idea of it. I just apparently don't know how to search for this myself. Every time I google something to do with Harsin's contract I just find his old contract terms from BSU. I wasn't following really close when Malzahn first stepped on the scene, but did it take this long to figure out what he was making? Again, if this is considered inappropriate take this post off the forums. I am just genuinely curious and unsure where else I can find the information.

I haven’t seen anything but I don’t really care. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a little less than average SEC so he could spend more on assistants. He seems like somebody who wants to surround himself with the best available. 

I also heard around 5 million per year, but can't remember where and no idea for how long, but 5 years would seem about right. That'd put him middle of the pack which is good until we see what we've got.

9 hours ago, ChristoThor said:

I am just genuinely curious and unsure where else I can find the information.

What's taken place so far is an "agreement in principle". The details have yet to be hammered out, a thing which normally takes several months. I don't think you'll see anything definitive for months yet. One coach, maybe basketball a while back, coached through his entire first season without a signed contract.

10 hours ago, ChrisH said:

I haven’t seen anything but I don’t really care. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a little less than average SEC so he could spend more on assistants. He seems like somebody who wants to surround himself with the best available. 

I agree I think he is a good hire.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

What's taken place so far is an "agreement in principle". The details have yet to be hammered out, a thing which normally takes several months. I don't think you'll see anything definitive for months yet. One coach, maybe basketball a while back, coached through his entire first season without a signed contract.

I didn't really want to nitpick the situation. I am just kind of new to the college football scene and I wasn't sure if this was standard or if we would have heard something by now. This thread has helped clear that up.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Must have been Barbee...no contract so no actual coaching. 

Archived