2022 4* QB Jacurri Brown

Paladin

Per KN, a major AU target.
 23 offers including AU, Florida, UGA, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Vols, & Texas A&M

Scouting Report

Evaluated 10/09/2020

Projection

4-7 Round Day 3

Comparison

Devin Gardner Michigan Wolverines

Intriguing, lean frame with the desired height. An effective runner given long stride and ability to not only evade defenders, but also shed tackles. Has rushed for 100-plus yards multiple times at the high school level. Will cover plenty of ground when forced to leave the pocket, but his understanding of how to sell the read-option seems to create the most problems for defenses. Improving as a passer, but needs to get more accurate and find some touch, especially when working the short to intermediate parts of the field. Has a longer release which allows him to put pace on the ball. Not afraid to take a deep shot. By far one of the more unique quarterbacks in the class of 2022 given skill set and knack for making plays. Has the potential to eventually win games at the Power 5 level, but will likely need some time to develop. Should thrive in an offensive system that embraces dual-threat quarterbacks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

6'4" 205 dual threat from Georgia sign me up

Needs to get that completion percentage up though. I don’t like to sign QBs who have less than 60% much less 50 as in this man’s case

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

How would a true dual threat QB, which Brown seems to be, operate in Harsin/Bobo offense? Seems like he’d do better in a more spread type offense. 

@WarEagleHunter1221 Coach Harsin’s offenses have done well with both dual and pocket style QBs.

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

How would a true dual threat QB, which Brown seems to be, operate in Harsin/Bobo offense? Seems like he’d do better in a more spread type offense. 

Hard question to answer since no one knows what a Harsin/Bobo offense looks like. Its a good question and one that i have also......i just don't think anyone can answer it yet. Harsin definitely was more of a spread guy at Boise while Bobo was more Pro style at UGA and USCe last season.

Jacurri has a great frame and runs well in the videos. Some nice tools to work with for sure. 

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Hard question to answer since no one knows what a Harsin/Bobo offense looks like. Its a good question and one that i have also......i just don't think anyone can answer it yet. Harsin definitely was more of a spread guy at Boise while Bobo was more Pro style at UGA and USCe last season.

@gravejd for what it’s worth all indications at this point or it is a Coach Harsin offense with Bobo calling the plays.

This kid is better than Stockton. Both OSU and Clemson have him at the top of their recruiting boards. 

Stockton was always going to uga. When it’s was all said and done. 

Give me this kid or Tanner Bailey and let’s do this. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Stockton was always going to uga. When it’s was all said and done. 

Thanks WDE! Makes me feel better about my tea leaves posts earlier inb the day in the Stockton thread.

He had more running attempts than passing attempts and had more running TD’s than passing TD’s. Interesting prospect but I want to see more accuracy.

You’re not gone consistently win when you don’t have a consistently accurate QB. And I’m gone keep saying that 

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks WDE! Makes me feel better about my tea leaves posts earlier inb the day in the Stockton thread.

Stockton was going to end up at uga when it was done. Got plenty more QB out there that are as good. 

Give me Tanner Bailey. He is going to be what everybody thought Bo was going to be. Kid is good. 

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He had more running attempts than passing attempts and had more running TD’s than passing TD’s. Interesting prospect but I want to see more accuracy.

You’re not gone consistently win when you don’t have a consistently accurate QB. And I’m gone keep saying that 

Stockton is very good. Don’t think he isn’t. Kid has never stepped foot in Auburn. Gus never even called the kid once. This isn’t some huge loss like most are making it. 

57 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Stockton is very good. Don’t think he isn’t. Kid has never stepped foot in Auburn. Gus never even called the kid once. This isn’t some huge loss like most are making it. 

Out of curiosity what was the order of 22 QB's that Gus was targeting?

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

1. Bo Nix

2. Bo Nix

3. Cord Sandburg

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

@auburnphanas best I knew 1. Quinn Ewers 2. Cade Klubnik Then a third tier group that included MJ Morris and Tanner Bailey.

He looks good but accuracy looks iffy, as has been pointed out. Still hoping that the staff gets their recruiting ducks in a row quickly (I think that they will). Also hoping that they decide to offer Tanner Bailey soon.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I wasn’t talking about Stockton in my post. 

Archived