2022 4* WR Darrius Clemons - Commits to Michigan

Paladin

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Has been an AU vs Oregon battle for a good while.  It’s Yellawood vs Nike.  😬

Some have been saying he is a silent to AU. I hope that is true!🤞

I really don't care for the silent commit thing. I see it as making it easy to back out.

34 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I really don't care for the silent commit thing. I see it as making it easy to back out.

You realize silent commits are silent to everyone BUT the coaches, right? Doesn't change the back out ability at all. You're still telling a coaching staff thanks but no thanks.

• Like 1

4-star WR Darrius Clemons has huge game with AU coach on hand

By KEITH NIEBUHR 22 hours ago

Auburn picked a good time to watch 4-star receiver Darrius Clemons play in person.

With the Tigers off this weekend, receivers coach Eric Kiesau flew to the west coast to attend the games of Clemons, a 4-star receiver at Portland (Ore.) Westview, and 4-star offensive tackle Malik Agbo of Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer. Agbo played Thursday.

With Kiesau on hand Friday night, Clemons, arguably one of Auburn's top overall recruiting targets, put on a show.

In a 42-7 rout of visiting South Medford (Ore.), the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Clemons had touchdown receptions of 62 and 25 yards -- and he finished the game with six receptions for 169 yards. That was his season-best for receiving yards in a game -- and the third time Clemons went over the 100-yard mark this season.

His spectacular one-handed touchdown grab was the talk of Twitter on Friday night.

All told, Clemons now has 28 catches for 588 yards and nine touchdowns in 2021. That's an average of 21 yards per reception and one touchdown every three catches. Additionally, Clemons had a 77-yard kickoff return for six and returned a punt 71 yards for a touchdown in a game earlier this month.

Clemons is the No. 1 prospect in the state of Oregon and No. 146 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He officially visited Auburn in June and returned for an unofficial visit in September to attend the Tigers' season opener.

Clemons has a final three of Auburn, Oregon and Penn State, but sources tell us it's probably down to the Tigers and Ducks.

Clemons will sign in December and is an early enrollee. That means he should have a decision in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You realize silent commits are silent to everyone BUT the coaches, right? Doesn't change the back out ability at all. You're still telling a coaching staff thanks but no thanks.

Of course. You realize that a silent commit could be a silent to multiple teams at the same time, has nothing to retract publicly and can't very well help recruit, right? Unless he's trying to hide his choice from a girlfriend or some such, there is no point in being a silent commit. Unless, of course, he isn't really committed.

18 hours ago, AUreo said:

I heard he was a silent AU commit back in the summer but sth changed mostly due to the coaching change.

I've read he wasn't that close to CWILL so it didn't really effect things with him. He was at game 1. Harsin/Kiesau have been recruiting him for years and he's always stated he talks to them the most. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

I've read he wasn't that close to CWILL so it didn't really effect things with him. He was at game 1. Harsin/Kiesau have been recruiting him for years and he's always stated he talks to them the most. 

CW was his recruiter per rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/darrius-clemons-255323

This is also what I heard but things are back on track now.

Booooooo!

Mean anything? I'm not sure how good our chances are if we don't get him for another visit.

Edited by AUwent

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Mean anything? I'm not sure how good our chances are if we don't get him for another visit.

You have got to be the most positive poster I have ever seen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You have got to be the most positive poster I have ever seen

Feeling a bit better after the result tonight. 😎

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If most allow it, they all have to.

Sure, they have to. The school has zero control over what a prospect makes public. The school cannot comment on a prospect's status.