Notebook:

toddc

On 7/6/2021 at 7:02 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Whoops, looks like the bunch here hating Malzahn's practice of using a feature back may have to stay in the fetal position.

Major difference in having a feature back and running a guy into the ground until they get hurt 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Major difference in having a feature back and running a guy into the ground until they get hurt 

He's right, in an unnecessarily douchey way per usual, that Harsin gave RB1 a huge chunk of the carries at Boise. That's common at places like Boise or Kentucky where they can get one really good back on the roster at a time. (And, in Boise's case, when they play a Mountain West schedule.) What remains to be seen is if Harsin continues that when there are 3-4 RBs on the roster that would have easily started for him at his old job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He's right, in an unnecessarily douchey way per usual, that Harsin gave RB1 a huge chunk of the carries at Boise. That's common at places like Boise or Kentucky where they can get one really good back on the roster at a time. (And, in Boise's case, when they play a Mountain West schedule.) What remains to be seen is if Harsin continues that when there are 3-4 RBs on the roster that would have easily started for him at his old job. 

I agree. The big thing for me is, yes, your feature back should get lot of carries, but the run/run/long run/ hurry up and run him right up the gut when he's exhausted. That's where the difference lies for me. I mean, why after a long run did we never run a quick hitter or PA? Why did we always have to give it to our tired RB, right up the gut. Lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I agree. The big thing for me is, yes, your feature back should get lot of carries, but the run/run/long run/ hurry up and run him right up the gut when he's exhausted. That's where the difference lies for me. I mean, why after a long run did we never run a quick hitter or PA? Why did we always have to give it to our tired RB, right up the gut. Lol

Damn Mav you almost sound like you know what you're talking about. Impressive

• Haha 1

• Like 2
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, toddc said:

Perfect! Can't wait. We will be camouflaged in the storm troopers!

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Perfect! Can't wait. We will be camouflaged in the storm troopers!

How does that work? Does home team get first pick or do they need us to agree not to wear white?

31 minutes ago, gravejd said:

How does that work? Does home team get first pick or do they need us to agree not to wear white?

Well it's non conference so any rules the conference had would not apply, like Boise had with MWC, but there was a Penn State poster here recently that stated PSU always wears blue on the whiteout games. 

But yes, Home teams get pick of uniform I believe.  There may be some cooperation from the opponent, not sure. 

Edited by AUBwins

I think he’s right on with this take. I still have faith in Bo and his ability to win big at Auburn.

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I think he’s right on with this take. I still have faith in Bo and his ability to win big at Auburn.

SC fans sure are up in arms about this. Lol

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Be sure to watch the video because it’s about Bo Nix and system fit etc…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I’m hoping for good things from Harris 

19 hours ago, toddc said:

Steiner has been my favorite of that LB class from day one. I usually get these wrong but he feels like a future fan favorite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You best be quick on the draw like the horse named McGraw when @ValleyTigerfires up the Crush-o-Tron.

Stop sounding like my wife......................and I can pull one of my mod tricks on your post

• Haha 3

On 7/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, McLoofus said:

He had 3 and 2 in 2019 and 2020 respectively. He used all of them in the games I watched. Thats a good sign.