Notebook:

toddc

45 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hell with that. Need a “kablooey”. Uh, paging @toddc….

Can only use it when we land a recruit or I land a big bucket mouth bass. 😝 Can’t abuse the power of Bluey.

Edited by toddc

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

Can only use it when we land a recruit or I land a big bucket mouth bass. 😝 Can’t abuse the power of Bluey.

Good point. Don’t exhaust the magic…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

He had 3 and 2 in 2019 and 2020 respectively. He used all of them in the games I watched. Thats a good sign.

I just remember seeing a few years where Jay Ajayi and Alexander Mattison dominated the carries. 

Side note: For all of those who had such hard ons for Gus's run game wizardry, I just named as much NFL relevance as Gus can claim going back to 2013. At Boise.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You best be quick on the draw like the horse named McGraw when @ValleyTigerfires up the Crush-o-Tron.

The power of the edit!

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Stop sounding like my wife......................and I can pull one of my mod tricks on your post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Like 3

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, toddc said:

LMAO he did an interview with J Boy but wouldn't talk to PAM or Tate.  

That's amazing.

• Haha 3

I’m hiding this a little so it hopefully won’t turn into another free-for-all debate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’m hiding this a little so it hopefully won’t turn into another free-for-all debate.

I like the approach. Hopefully it bears fruit.

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Lee County is below 30% vaccination rate.  That awful.  They need to do this.  Cases in Alabama are rising at a crazy rate due to the Delta/Vaccine rate.  Went from 150 case a day on July 1st to now 1500.  In one month cases increased by a factor of 10.  That's insane.  Knocking on the door of 50% from Alabama's peak numbers.

Now what happens in a month when cases are are back to the total we saw during the surge, schools are back in session, and kids are arriving at campus from all over the country.

Would be nice if our players got to 85%.  I can't imagine non contract it.  There isn't a bubble this fall like there was last year

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lee County is below 30% vaccination rate.  That awful.  They need to do this.  Cases in Alabama are rising at a crazy rate due to the Delta/Vaccine rate.  Went from 150 case a day on July 1st to now 1500.  In one month cases increased by a factor of 10.  That's insane.  Knocking on the door of 50% from Alabama's peak numbers.

Now what happens in a month when cases are are back to the total we saw during the surge, schools are back in session, and kids are arriving at campus from all over the country.

Would be nice if our players got to 85%.  I can't imagine non contract it.  There isn't a bubble this fall like there was last year

Afraid you are correct with this guesstimate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Afraid you are correct with this guesstimate.

I haven't really been looking at trends like I did last year, I was shocked when I saw the increases.  Nation wide we're up 500% in a month

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I haven't really been looking at trends like I did last year, I was shocked when I saw the increases.  Nation wide we're up 500% in a month

Yes, the numbers to me suggest one of the variants is breaking through. My son and daughter both have it for the second time ( worse symptoms than last time), and they are adults in different surroundings. 

• Sad 1

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Seems like he gets shot down a lot on this board but somebody thinks he can play, including myself.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Seems like he gets shot down a lot on this board but somebody thinks he can play, including myself.

I always say that people don't know how to judge the o line. All we go by is if the QB get sacked. And there are times when a QB is the reason for a sack

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I always say that people don't know how to judge the o line. All we go by is if the QB get sacked. And there are times when a QB is the reason for a sack

I do know what to look for and NB has not been that good the last couple of years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I will speak for the board when I say we want Brahms to be more physical and aggressive. Get mad and get ugly. Whip someone’s ass. He’s smart and knows the offense, but he needs to hate the team across from him

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/25/2021 at 6:34 PM, toddc said:

Get some shorts on lol. Looking forward to McClain getting that all American nod 

• Like 1

I am no OL expert but have watched the OL play much more closely last 2-3 years. Nix has made plenty of errors that have made the OL appear worse than they are and scheme/play calling has done the same but Brahms (and Kim)past few years have had more of this than I ever remember seeing from an AU center:

B6DAED08-476D-4E08-B7CB-7F4DC0B3D777.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3