Notebook:

toddc

17 hours ago, toddc said:

Seems like he gets shot down a lot on this board but somebody thinks he can play, including myself.

He's been bad & called out by many people who know what to look for.  Cublic in particular.

Hopefully it's just coaching.  Or better yet, Council is healthy and is our starting Center

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

I do know what to look for and NB has not been that good the last couple of years.

Lol if I said this it would be hell to pay. I don't the in's and out 's of o line play. I do know taking off and running screws then and I know the o line play wasn't any worse as a group than any other position on offense. 

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know the o line play wasn't any worse as a group than any other position on offense. 

Maybe no worse...but, IMO, the poor OL play had a compounding effect towards every other offensive position's poor performances...Not the sole reason, but a major influencer.

• Thanks 1

I think I read somewhere (can’t find now) that his PFF Rating was the best of all o-linemen last season. This might not be good if our others are lower and he’s playing this bad.

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Maybe no worse...but, IMO, the poor OL play had a compounding effect towards every other offensive position's poor performances...Not the sole reason, but a major influencer.

Imo you can literally say that about any offense. Imo there were teams who line play was comparable and even slightly worse who still had much better QB play and by that had much better wr production. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Imo you can literally say that about any offense. Imo there were teams who line play was comparable and even slightly worse who still had much better QB play and by that had much better wr production. 

I agree, but we're not discussing them or the other positions. I know your contention with regards to Bo, Did Bo set them up to fail by bailing and bad pocket awareness? Absolutely, but that's a chicken/egg argument.  Did the OL set Bo up to fail? Absolutely. IMO more so than Bo affecting them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I think I read somewhere (can’t find now) that his PFF Rating was the best of all o-linemen last season. This might not be good if our others are lower and he’s playing this bad.

I recall seeing our OL PFF ratings and I'm pretty sure they were all awful.  So it's kinda like the tallest midget, but still surprising

Found this...

89. AUBURN

This group has struggled against the top pass-rush units in the SEC. They had one of the worst single-game outings of any SEC line this season back in Week 5 against Georgia (33.8 pass-block grade). Tackle Brodarious Hamm has been Auburn’s top offensive lineman this year. He too struggled against teams such as Georgia, Alabama and LSU, but Hamm has still managed to put together a 74.1 pass-block grade for the year.

Edited by W.E.D

Also, post 2019 season, I'm sure @cole256 will enjoy

28. AUBURN TIGERS

Highest-graded player: OG Marquel Harrell – 72.4 (38th)

As a unit, this team finished by allowing just 48 total pressures on the year, the third-fewest among all teams and the fewest among non-run-first teams. Their strength was pass protection, but they did struggle mightily in the run game, hence their place here. Still, Harrell and Prince Tega Wanogho were dominant all season long, and the Tigers' offensive line was certainly crucial in keeping freshman QB Bo Nix upright all year. In fact, Nix invited seven more pressures on himself than any one offensive lineman did this year.

So we fell 60 some spots in the ranking and overall looked worse on offense.  I think this kinda goes for @bigbird's point

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I agree, but we're not discussing them or the other positions. I know your contention with regards to Bo, Did Bo set them up to fail by bailing and bad pocket awareness? Absolutely, but that's a chicken/egg argument.  Did the OL set Bo up to fail? Absolutely. IMO more so than Bo affecting them.

Right just as I know your contention and I don't agree with it. I see it the other way around, if Bo could make basic reads and deliver the ball accurate and on time the o line would have not been in compromising positions as often. It's unfair to blame o line for not giving Bo ridiculous amounts of time. The o line was average, did the job most o lines do. That means our QB had as much as most had to work with. 

The o line set Bo up to fail absolutely? No. The QB set them up to fail just as much if not more. Imo more. And this entire argument is chicken/egg not just a part of it.

• Sad 1

Right just as I know your contention and I don't agree with it. I see it the other way around, if Bo could make basic reads and deliver the ball accurate and on time the o line would have not been in compromising positions as often. It's unfair to blame o line for not giving Bo ridiculous amounts of time. The o line was average, did the job most o lines do. That means our QB had as much as most had to work with. 

The o line set Bo up to fail absolutely? No. The QB set them up to fail just as much if not more. Imo more. And this entire argument is chicken/egg not just a part of it.

The OL dropping from 28th to 89th was all Bo.  Their dive into the near worst in the SEC was essentially Bo's fault.  Not coaching, play calling, and losing starting tackles

The OL was well below average.  They were in the bottom 3rd of all OLs in College football.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How long will Cole go before he takes the bait…🤔

All day. I'm not about to have a dumb argument. I thought about it and it's funny how nobody ever wants to give me credit but everybody else opinion supposed to supersede mine. 

I'm the person that has been accurate, if it was one of the loved posters they would be given the insider love where you can't question them. 

Oh and never argue with a person that has to change your words around to start the argument. If it was a legit debate they'd be able to quote you word for word. If nobody has a problem with bird saying what he said then there's no problem with what I said

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If it was a legit debate they'd be able to quote you word for word

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

The o line was average,

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The OL dropping from 28th to 89th. The OL was well below average.  They were in the bottom 3rd of all OLs in College football. 

The OL was not average 

They were average every game besides uga and bammer. If you don't think so that's fine, I don't care. 

All day. I'm not about to have a dumb argument. I thought about it and it's funny how nobody ever wants to give me credit but everybody else opinion supposed to supersede mine. 

I'm the person that has been accurate, if it was one of the loved posters they would be given the insider love where you can't question them. 

Oh and never argue with a person that has to change your words around to start the argument. If it was a legit debate they'd be able to quote you word for word. If nobody has a problem with bird saying what he said then there's no problem with what I said

I just think you and that guy have an interesting dynamic, but I do applaud you for taking the high road.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They were average every game besides uga and bammer. If you don't think so that's fine, I don't care. 

I mean, yet independent rankings shown otherwise, OK.

Especially when you've admitted you don't know what you're looking when watching OL play. 

Cmon man. They were good. They weren't average. You can still hate on Bo and admit the OL was below average 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just think you and that guy have an interesting dynamic, but I do applaud you for taking the high road.

I'd entertain actual stuff. But clearly bird was saying this was a problem but this was more imo, then my reply is well I actually think this was more of the problem between this and that.....then you have him come in so it's all on Bo blah blah blah wanting to make Bo some martyr and he's getting all the blame.

And if you think about it that's what it usually is. Instead of anyone really being able to dispute, the only way they have an argument is to try to pretend that you are making everything on Bo and nobody else has any accountability....

Like I can talk about Bo not improving elementary things in his game which doesn't require you to be with some guru or have to be one on one hands on coaching but simply just repetition of doing the right thing over and over until it's second nature......guarantee I have somebody post Bo is a very hard worker so that can't be questioned or something like that......

It just is what it is but nobody can deny any of the other "athletic" QB's weren't ever given the leeway. Hell people were fine with them not even getting a chance and would very quickly spit out he couldn't throw so that's it. Nothing brought up about play calling, o line, wr's or anything like that....But hey

• Like 2

Lol see? Hating on Bo when once again I'm the person that has been accurate in assessing him. The other people were wrong but I'm hating. But simply correctly evaluating everything he's done is hating and not saying he's really awesome it was everybody around him that 's bad.......that's hating

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, yet independent rankings shown otherwise, OK.

Especially when you've admitted you don't know what you're looking when watching OL play. 

Cmon man. They were good. They weren't average. You can still hate on Bo and admit the OL was below average 

You must have missed where I said you can disagree and I don't care. The fact that you constantly infer that I hate on Bo really shows your bias and what would you expect from a Stan? Ok everybody knows that you refuse to think Bo performed poorly. We got it

• Haha 1

You must have missed where I said you can disagree and I don't care. The fact that you constantly infer that I hate on Bo really shows your bias and what would you expect from a Stan? Ok everybody knows that you refuse to think Bo performed poorly. We got it

Just so I understand how much you are disrespecting him, what is meant by “a Stan?

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Just so I understand how much you are disrespecting him, what is meant by “a Stan?

A Stan is a fanboy that can not and will not see any wrong in that person. Like this for instance you say anything besides it's everybody else fault you're "hating"