Baseball Series vs. uat

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I mean, it's not good chances but if we sweep a series or two and then win the rest of them, we can still go. I just don't see it happening.

Thanks for the nice chuckle after another devastating loss. At this point I just want us to find a way to somehow get to Hoover.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He's not where he was and he's not starting yet....which was the original plan. The starting rotation is still out of sorts. 

Auburn would lose a few games no matter what because that's just baseball. But you want to discount how disruptive the injuries have been, and you seem to think it's not that big of a deal. Well it is a very big deal and it has had a devastating effect on this team. It takes time to recover and it's been an up and down process. 

Not gonna get into a back and forth with you so this will be my last response. I just don't think you can blame a 2-13 SEC record on injuries that happened in the beginning of the season. We had a lot of pitchers that weren't injured that I think should be getting better as the year progresses and they haven't. Every team deals with injuries but not every team's bullpen has looked this bad. We should be winning these games, injuries or not.

Considering our offense is scoring so many runs, the fact that our bullpen can't hold onto leads is even worse. They shouldn't have to score 7-10 runs every single game to have a shot. It is what it is. Chances at postseason are pretty much over so, no real point arguing anymore. Have a good day, but this will probably be my last game I do play-by-play for.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Thanks for the nice chuckle after another devastating loss. At this point I just want us to find a way to somehow get to Hoover.

I mean, I said it probably wasn't happening. But it's not a 100% done deal, either. If we somehow, miraculously find pitchers that can go an inning without allowing a run, we can win every series going forward and sweep 1 and still get to 13 wins.

3 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

There is no excuse for 2-13. Blame injuries or whatever you want. This is inexcusable how bad this team is

I completely agree. Making excuses with injuries, covid, no Alabama State lottery, etc. does not excuse a 2-13 SEC record by any stretch, especially with the amount of talent we had returning from an Omaha team. I think it's insulting to the program and the former players who have had success here to make excuses. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I mean, I said it probably wasn't happening. But it's not a 100% done deal, either. If we somehow, miraculously find pitchers that can go an inning without allowing a run, we can win every series going forward and sweep 1 and still get to 13 wins.

Look I absolutely hope you are right. I want nothing more than for it to happen. In terms of the bullpen, I bet there are Sunbelt schools that have a better pen than we do right now. That is how bad this is. Pretty depressing

Unless there is an influx of players, next year doesn't look promising...need at least 2 starters and many openings in the field...

Just now, tigerman1186 said:

Unless there is an influx of players, next year doesn't look promising...need at least 2 starters and many openings in the field...

Agree. Next year looks rough with all we are likely losing this year 

Gave up runs in 7th, 8th and 9th 

unbelievable.   Becoming very difficult to watch.  Just think....what does butch say?  I’d hate to be him but it’s what he gets paid to do.  

We don’t need to worry about playoffs anyways with the way we can’t hold a lead against literally anyone this year. My gosh we are lighting it up offensively and have still lost 13 conference games lol. Just unreal. 

Me and @fredst have finally figured it out. This Auburn baseball season is the long awaited sequel to Bill Murray's Groundhog Day. THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION FOR THIS TO KEEP HAPPENING!!!! (well the worst bullpen in AU history also plays a role...)

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Me and @fredst have finally figured it out. This Auburn baseball season is the long awaited sequel to Bill Murray's Groundhog Day. THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION FOR THIS TO KEEP HAPPENING!!!! (well the worst bullpen in AU history also plays a role...)

giphy.gif

This has been the cursed year for Auburn. My word it has been awful. 

This is either going to be one of those seasons that we look back and say “It took losing all these close games to galvanize this team to be the great team it is now”This time next year or it’s the beginning of the end for Butch.  The SEC is incredibly hard.  It’s getting like football with the number of top 10 teams in onE conference.  

15 hours ago, Win4AU said:

This is either going to be one of those seasons that we look back and say “It took losing all these close games to galvanize this team to be the great team it is now”This time next year or it’s the beginning of the end for Butch.  The SEC is incredibly hard.  It’s getting like football with the number of top 10 teams in onE conference.  

It's hard to say that about galvanizing this team into a great team next year, when more than likely the core of your best pitchers and hitters will be gone...

It won't be the same team next year, unless some of our key hitters don't get the draft position they want...

I thought Butch was some sort of pitching guru. That’s what I remember hearing when we hired him. And a great recruiter. Now I’m reading next year looks like it will be bad too? At this level of ball, a bunch of close losses and you have to look at coaching/ coaching decisions 

4 hours ago, jluvah said:

I thought Butch was some sort of pitching guru. That’s what I remember hearing when we hired him. And a great recruiter. Now I’m reading next year looks like it will be bad too? At this level of ball, a bunch of close losses and you have to look at coaching/ coaching decisions 

Somebody (AD Greene) better be looking at the coaches and their decision making.  If it's time to cut bait then get to cutting. 

Like another poster said above,  you better be getting better everyday in men's Big 3 sports because your SEC brethren are damn sure getting better.  Football/basketball and now baseball are all competitive in the SEC and we could easily add in softball to the mix. 

47 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I think Butch is regarded as one of the better pitching coaches in the country, and his recruiting has been strong here during both his tenure. But the margins at Auburn are very thin and development is crucial to getting the most out of the recruits you bring in because there are not going to be a bunch of "5 star" recruits coming to Auburn with all of the competition we have around us that can offer more money.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

I think Butch is regarded as one of the better pitching coaches in the country, and his recruiting has been strong here during both his tenure. But the margins at Auburn are very thin and development is crucial to getting the most out of the recruits you bring in because there are not going to be a bunch of "5 star" recruits coming to Auburn with all of the competition we have around us that can offer more money.

Add to that, he said early in the season that he had given Hudson a lot of room to build the pitching staff. 

Then when we started to have serious problems in the bullpen even after some of our injured returned, Butch said he need to look at what they were doing with pitching a little closer and get involved. 

It doesn't seem to be any better, as our relief pitchers simply can't hold leads. No lead is safe. 

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Add to that, he said early in the season that he had given Hudson a lot of room to build the pitching staff. 

Then when we started to have serious problems in the bullpen even after some of our injured returned, Butch said he need to look at what they were doing with pitching a little closer and get involved. 

It doesn't seem to be any better, as our relief pitchers simply can't hold leads. No lead is safe. 

I think we’ve seen some small improvements. Swilling has been really good lately. He’s probably going to get more closer opportunities going forward. Carson Skipper has been really good in his first outings of the weekend. But he’s having so bounceback problems like Greenhill has had before. Fitts threw well in his last appearance. Either he’s getting healthy or they made some adjustments that stuck. 

But overall, we keep giving chances to guys who aren’t getting it done. Barnett is being moved to a midweek starter this week against Samford. So he’s probably not going to offer much in the midweek. And I think we need to see more Seb Thomas and Blake Burkhalter and Will Morrison and Peyton Glavine. Maybe even give a guy like Jack Sokol, who has pitched almost none since his opening week start, a chance to throw an inning. Butch said tomorrow would be a staff day and that Bright will only get an inning or two. So maybe tomorrow we will see a lot of arms against a solid Ja

Archived