A Day Thoughts/Observations

Barnacle

Hopefully there are still some guys available in the portal or will transfer soon... 

We need an OT and a WR. Lack talent or are way too young at the position. 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I really hope he can be better, but the kid he blocked was a 180 pound walk on. 

Yep. Who started the play by charging into the wrong gap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

gus-baseball.gif

Gus is gone, coaching at some school in Florida. The sooner you come to accept that, the sooner you may have some mental peace. Perhaps here is a dog in your neighborhood that you don't like and can focus your griping on? I don't normally support shrinks or their profession, but maybe such a person could help you get rid of your obsession with Gus.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

It’s so hard to see everything in these scrimmages. I would probably have to watch it a few more times to really break the game down. Really hard to focus on offense and defense on the same play. Also names on the jerseys would have been nice. 

It was a vanilla game plan for the most part. Not much blitzing and offense did not show a whole lot. I was impressed by the physicality on both sides of the ball. Players are buying into being physical. 

Defense was interesting to watch. Definitely a new look on that side of the ball. I thought the D got pushed around to start the game but they stiffened up as the game went on. Not sure what the adjustment was. DBs were right there on passing plays and that’s always a good sign. Would love to see game film and see how the back of the defense lined up. 

Deep passing game was mostly non existent. Bo still struggles in that area. But man he can make some nice throws under 20 yards. The TD pass to back of end zone was a beauty. 

Our kick return game this season is going to be 🔥🔥🔥🔥 😂 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

After everything that's been revealed by former coaches and former/current players about how the program was set up, the lack of vision, and the revelation that players don't know basic football concepts, your defending of Gus is priceless and pathetic...fact.

You're right in that there seems to be one obsessed with Gus but, like Gus, your focus and ability to identify issues have failed you.

Defending Gus? I'm not the one who brought Gus up, you did. I said nothing in defense of Gus. To me, Gus is gone. The only time I think about Gus is when I run across another one your constant, whining posts about him. Why can't you accept the fact that he is gone and focus on the future?

Again, a shrink may need to enter into your life and help get rid of your obsession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Defending Gus? I'm not the one who brought Gus up, you did. I said nothing in defense of Gus. To me, Gus is gone. The only time I think about Gus is when I run across another one your constant, whining posts about him. Why can't you accept the fact that he is gone and focus on the future?

Again, a shrink may need to enter into your life and help get rid of your obsession.

My post never whined or complained about Gus. Proud asked a question and the answer just happened to be "Gus". You can't handle anyone being critical of your coach, so you routinely feel compelled to swoop in and obfuscate any discussion.  Your schtick is the textbook definition of defending someone.  You're too old to act in such disingenuous way.  It's sad...not surprising, just sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gus is gone...fact.

That's my problem he's not gone he lives just down the road from me. Lord I can't get away from him he's at Publix at Winter Park Village and the one Waffle House anywhere near Winter Park is about 5 miles from Gus house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Didn’t get to watch yesterday because of work. As we’ve been dealing with for a bunch of years the OL will be the make or break of the team and is the biggest question mark; hopefully these annual issues will be corrected with the new staff.  I think that our receivers can be good enough but need one to step up to be “the man” (like Seth did as soon as he was on campus). I may be in the minority but I think with Tank and Shivers and with Hunter coming in RB will be fine (heck, Barrett may even be a contributor).

Edited by fredst

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's my problem he's not gone he lives just down the road from me. Lord I can't get away from him he's at Publix at Winter Park Village and the one Waffle House anywhere near Winter Park is about 5 miles from Gus house. 

Damn, you and poor @Zeek.  Y’all deserve better....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It’s so hard to see everything in these scrimmages. I would probably have to watch it a few more times to really break the game down. Really hard to focus on offense and defense on the same play. Also names on the jerseys would have been nice. 

It was a vanilla game plan for the most part. Not much blitzing and offense did not show a whole lot. I was impressed by the physicality on both sides of the ball. Players are buying into being physical. 

Defense was interesting to watch. Definitely a new look on that side of the ball. I thought the D got pushed around to start the game but they stiffened up as the game went on. Not sure what the adjustment was. DBs were right there on passing plays and that’s always a good sign. Would love to see game film and see how the back of the defense lined up. 

Deep passing game was mostly non existent. Bo still struggles in that area. But man he can make some nice throws under 20 yards. The TD pass to back of end zone was a beauty. 

Our kick return game this season is going to be 🔥🔥🔥🔥 😂 

I Saw where Tank ran the KO. 

I really don't want to see him on KOs. We are too thin at RB for us to take a chance on him getting hurt. I would rather we get the ball on the 25 in most cases than see him get blind-sided or kamikazed by some head hunter on KOs. 

Losing him in the run game would be devastating...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah and 247 keeps posting articles about him in their feed. 

19 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah and 247 keeps posting articles about him in their feed. 

Obviously 247 is obsessed and whines too much

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

don't normally support shrinks or their profession

Now it all makes sense 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I Saw where Tank ran the KO. 

I really don't want to see him on KOs. We are too thin at RB for us to take a chance on him getting hurt. I would rather we get the ball on the 25 in most cases than see him get blind-sided or kamikazed by some head hunter on KOs. 

Losing him in the run game would be devastating...

It's unfortunate that our best two returners our are top two RBs. 

Need to find someone else 

I saw a massive first string offensive line that looked much stronger and more like the size needed to compete for championships

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally fine with Tank returning kicks. Was fine with KJ doing it, too. Kick returners almost never get injured. It's their blockers and the gunners that get hurt.

As long as they insist on keeping kickoffs, we need to put the best guys back there. Wouldn't be surprised to see a younger guy take over as he earns that trust though.