A Day Thoughts/Observations

Barnacle

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That's my problem he's not gone he lives just down the road from me. Lord I can't get away from him he's at Publix at Winter Park Village and the one Waffle House anywhere near Winter Park is about 5 miles from Gus house. 

Just down the road from me as I live in Oviedo.  Been difficult to wear AU gear down here since we lost to UCF.  It will be worse once they figure out what kind of coach they hired. 

On 4/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, bigbird said:

My post never whined or complained about Gus. Proud asked a question and the answer just happened to be "Gus". You can't handle anyone being critical of your coach, so you routinely feel compelled to swoop in and obfuscate any discussion.  Your schtick is the textbook definition of defending someone.  You're too old to act in such disingenuous way.  It's sad...not surprising, just sad.

Not true. as I said earlier we were charging $5 before Gus got here. Seems like you blame Gus for everything. But hey if it makes you feel better that's OK.

I don’t think anybody here blames Gus for everything. Just the mediocre current state of AU football.

And also climate change, systemic racism, wealth inequality, voter suppression, and COVID. But not *everything*. 

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

And paid how much to make sure he wasn't here anymore

What does that have to do with charging for A-DAY Game? Maybe we need money for the new $93M FB facility?

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Not true. as I said earlier we were charging $5 before Gus got here. Seems like you blame Gus for everything. Buy hey if it makes you feel better that's OK.

The two of you are priceless.

Why aren't movies and a coke a dime any more?

Why did we have to increase revenue? Because we made an absurd contract to an inept coach and then had to pay him 22 million to leave. That along with a cancelled season is why. You and mikey think otherwise, I don't mind if y'all make yourselves look dumb.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why did we have to increase revenue? Because we made an absurd contract to an inept coach and then had to pay him 22 million to leave. That along with a cancelled season is why. You and mikey think otherwise, I don't mind if y'all make yourselves look dumb.

I guess anyone who disagrees with you on this is dumb. But you miss the whole point. We were charging for A-Day before Gus got here. I simply expressed the opinion that I thought that making it free would encourage more lower income people to come and bring their kids. Good gesture to the community and the revenue is a nit in the bigger money picture, Too bad that sounds dumb........at least to you.

I would add that I live in Auburn and with everything that's going on at AU we need some nice gestures to the broad community.

50 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess anyone who disagrees with you on this is dumb. 

Not at all, I think people who struggle with elementary logic tend to be. 

But you miss the whole point. We were charging for A-Day before Gus got here. I simply expressed the opinion that I thought that making it free would encourage more lower income people to come and bring their kids. Good gesture to the community and the revenue is a nit in the bigger money picture, Too bad that sounds dumb........at least to you.

Before you simply expressed your opinion, you asked...

17 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

A different observation. Why did we need to charge $10 per person. IMHO A-day should be free and a great opportunity for families to attend together, especially those who can't afford the cost of regular season tickets.

I responded with the answer to your question as...

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

gus-baseball.gif

Nowhere did I respond to your opinion on the benefit towards family attendance.

Too bad that sounds dumb........at least to you.

If you think my answer had anything to do with your opinions or if you are unable to see a correlation between Gus, Gus' contract/buyout, and the possible need to increase ticket prices, then...well...

Both you and mikey need to accept that there are numerous issues at Auburn that are solely due to Gus' inability to build a program.  He will be the answer to multiple questions when discussing the status of the program. That's not being obsessive or vindictive, it's being factual and objective.

One of Mikey's favorite lines is, "he's not our coach anymore, you should move on".  Part of moving on is determining or understanding the how's and why's of failure. Ignoring and dismissing any of those discussions and associated factors is the opposite. 

This is the year. Bo Nix has improved so much under this new offense. He's focused. He's having fun. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dark horse for the Heisman.

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Part of moving on is determining or understanding the how's and why's of failure. Ignoring and dismissing any of those discussions and associated factors is the opposite. 

You get the prize for making a big deal out of a simple suggestion. I like this kind of Auburn fan. I bet she has forgot who Gus is.

Brian Stultz on Instagram: “Perfectly said.”

we already know who aren’t empathizers to Gus and who are loyal to Gus. No need to go down that rabbit hole again. Very happy to see the boys are excited for this new regiment 

44 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This is the year. Bo Nix has improved so much under this new offense. He's focused. He's having fun. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dark horse for the Heisman.

Yellow font ?

39 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You get the prize for making a big deal out of a simple suggestion. I like this kind of Auburn fan. I bet she has forgot who Gus is.

Brian Stultz on Instagram: “Perfectly said.”

It wasn't me that brought it up after my initial answer.  

Okay guys, don’t make me call a mod on y’all, oh wait... 😝 

And I thought this was  thread for A-Day observations, instead of another Gus 'let's find something else to bring his name into the conversation'....

I would love to not have to dissect his past influence on our football program in at least 1 thread....Some people can't get rid of him for some reason...

It's really funny that there are a few people who really think they can literally make others stop talking about a subject, person, or whatever. One guy literally posted a pic of Gus, if everybody else who have a problem with it would shut up there wouldn't even be any talk of Gus. 

If it bothers you to a point that you don't want to see Gus name you shouldn't be on an Auburn football board for the next 5 years. 

6 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Lol... thank you! I was actually pretty chill yesterday but I did do my, “run baby run!” yell during his series.I don’t entertain the negative! He can do all the right things & people will still find something wrong or negative to say. He’s not a fan favorite on the field & we’re cool with that! However, I’m appreciative to the fans that believe & support him... much ❤️!  He’s a senior that graduates in December & the sky is the limit for him! It was a bright spot yesterday to see him do his thing.... it looked like him in high school all over again️I’m excited for the season #WarDamn Eagle 

I have to respectfully disagree.  I think he is a fan favorite for a whole lot of people.  I’m personally a huge fan - he’s crazy fast, hits hard and runs with pure determination.   

I can certainly understand how easy it is to notice the negative comments more - I know I did when my sons played HS ball.  Neither played in college (one had a chance to) but I remember how you could hear any negative comment from a mile away.  I can’t even imagine have message boards to amplify the critics.  But I want you to know there are. a TON of us that love watching him play!

I always enjoy this quote from Theodore Roosevelt when it comes to critics:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

War Damn Eagle!

I think this is the year that Gus finally gets out of his way and let’s the OC run his offense.  I think Chad’s gonna bring a real WR route tree for once.  It’s still early but MAR is gonna be my man crush this season.  He looked so good against Bama and I think he’ll have a more prominent role.  Steele’s gonna have the defense top notch per usual.  

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's really funny that there are a few people who really think they can literally make others stop talking about a subject, person, or whatever. One guy literally posted a pic of Gus, if everybody else who have a problem with it would shut up there wouldn't even be any talk of Gus. 

If it bothers you to a point that you don't want to see Gus name you shouldn't be on an Auburn football board for the next 5 years. 

Bother me, hell no. It's just words. But I sit here writing on it, bc it amazes me how many really hate him enough to bring him up at every whim, when it coincides with something the football team, coach, probably even the cleaning crew have done...

I guess I will just stay in Gus Purgatory for the next 5 years. :)

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why aren't movies and a coke a dime any more?

Good budgetary plan. Raise the price $5 for attendance to spring game. That should help pay off that 22 million. Good thing he left as soon as he did, basketball would have continued to go down hill, but as he did it’s looking up.

Archived