A Day Thoughts/Observations

Barnacle

48 minutes ago, fredst said:

The continued defense of said coach while taking shots at his replacement(before a game has even been played) is just weird

One would think...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just curious....who in this thread has defended Gus? For the record not me. I'm glad he is gone but I wish him well at UCF.

I’m just glad Auburn starts off with two cream puff games before heading to Happy Valley.  There’s gonna be a pretty steep learning curve, especially for the WRs, before this offense starts to really click.  Might be bumpy for a minute.

I certainly don't read everything but I haven't seen anyone writing that Gus should not have been terminated. Auburn needed a change. Gus too. When the firing occurred I stated that the bashing would likely continue for a couple of years although I was hopeful that it would not. I just don't understand all the shots, true or false, like some fans have a subconscious need to justify all that has transpired. None is needed. That is in the past. I prefer to look forward and focus on positive things.  I understand criticism and negativism do seem to give some fans a sense of satisfaction. We're all different but we all want Auburn to succeed and win championships.

15 minutes ago, autan said:

I certainly don't read everything but I haven't seen anyone writing that Gus should not have been terminated. Auburn needed a change. Gus too. When the firing occurred I stated that the bashing would likely continue for a couple of years although I was hopeful that it would not. I just don't understand all the shots, true or false, like some fans have a subconscious need to justify all that has transpired. None is needed. That is in the past. I prefer to look forward and focus on positive things.  I understand criticism and negativism do seem to give some fans a sense of satisfaction. We're all different but we all want Auburn to succeed and win championships.

Agreed, but I understand the frustration. We had incompetent leadership and it needed to change. Gus and Co. wasted 5+ years of Auburn football we will never get back. 

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

Agreed, but I understand the frustration. We had incompetent leadership and it needed to change. Gus and Co. wasted 5+ years of Auburn football we will never get back. 

A big reason we are in this position is due to the fact of clear ego. So yes frustration will be voiced and those who don't like it will either have to ignore it or deal with it. The coaching staff we have now, I feel will overcome those deficiencies .

The same group that told people to stop criticizing Gus and support the head coach are the same people that are now saying he's at another school, don't talk about him. 

As said earlier, Gus will be discussed until the deficits he left are no longer visible, then there will be conversations about why didn't Gus change those things.  That's the nature of sports and coaching changes.  Many saying stop discussing Gus have openly talked and criticized coaches from Shug through Gus. What's the issue now?

The new regime is going to have to wash away every aspect of the former regime.  Until then, the deficiencies of the former will be regurgitated ad nauseum. 

May as well stock up on the Rolaids if you can't stomach these discussions. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The same group that told people to stop criticizing Gus and support the head coach are the same people that are now saying he's at another school, don't talk about him. 

As said earlier, Gus will be discussed until the deficits he left are no longer visible, then there will be conversations about why didn't Gus change those things.  That's the nature of sports and coaching changes.  Many saying stop discussing Gus have openly talked and criticized coaches from Shug through Gus. What's the issue now?

And if Harsin were to win big this year, they'd be the first to say he did it with Gus's players. And they'd be right!

My last house was beautiful. It was small, but beautiful. A flipper guy went in with a top notch contractor, tore the old house down to the studs, and rebuilt it in a style that was 5 years ahead of anything else in the area and very tasteful. Top notch materials, everything. People always complimented us on it, and we'd always credit the builder because it was essentially a brand new build. Then one day a huge leak shot out from under a bathroom sink. Turns out the GC's plumber had cut a corner on a fitting. Almost turned into a big and very bad deal. We "credited" the builder for that little oversight, too.

Now, if we had been in that house more than 5 years- we'll say 15, since we're talking about a house- and we were still getting those enthusiastic compliments or having issues with appliances or plumbing, then we wouldn't be talking too much about the builder. At that point, he's no longer really responsible for non-structural issues, nor is he responsible for cosmetic decisions that we'd made to keep the house looking nice.

Right?

It's not a Gus thing, or an Auburn thing, or even just a sports thing. It's logic. Some of y'all seem to be seeing emotion where there is none. Some might call that projecting.

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

A big reason we are in this position is due to the fact of clear ego. So yes frustration will be voiced and those who don't like it will either have to ignore it or deal with it. The coaching staff we have now, I feel will overcome those deficiencies .

How about you take the whining and complaining about Gus and the past to one thread and if we are not interested we can avoid it. The need to contaminate every thread in every forum has been tiresome for a very long time. All the bad attributes of a Gus-led team have been discussed thousands of times. There's nothing new to say. Everybody is well aware of how some of you feel about Gus. It IS time to move on. Your need to continue the Gus bashing should not supersede what other people would like. Why would you assume that it should be paramount? It has been allowed to take over the board for years now, and that isn't a good thing. I think it's kind of pathetic that people can't let go since he's gone and what's done is done. Gus bashing has become an obsession here. 

21 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

How about you take the whining and complaining about Gus and the past to one thread and if we are not interested we can avoid it. The need to contaminate every thread in every forum has been tiresome for a very long time. All the bad attributes of a Gus-led team have been discussed thousands of times. There's nothing new to say. Everybody is well aware of how some of you feel about Gus. It IS time to move on. Your need to continue the Gus bashing should not supersede what other people would like. Why would you assume that it should be paramount? It has been allowed to take over the board for years now, and that isn't a good thing. I think it's kind of pathetic that people can't let go since he's gone and what's done is done. Gus bashing has become an obsession here. 

You should read the book titled “the coddling of the American mind.”  I think it will do wonders for the constant dysregulation pattern I perceive in your post any time someone writes something you disagree with .

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Who is that group in your mind?

Discussing the flaws and shortcomings of the previous coach isn’t bashing him. He was here for 8 freaking years. 8. The wounds are still fresh, some have only begun to heal while other wounds are just revealing themselves. No one is going to stop discussing it, whether some of y’all like it or not.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

How about you take the whining and complaining about Gus discussions to one thread and if we are not interested we can avoid it. 

5 hours ago, fredst said:

The continued defense of said coach while taking shots at his replacement(before a game has even been played) is just weird

I agree but who is doing that?

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Looks 👀 like the AU Family is in feud mode. ✌️

Nah just a little family "discussion"  except for a couple who have huge egos. Kind of like a family dinner with a mix of Democrats and Republicans😀

Meanwhile I wonder how A-Day went (the thread topic):drippingsarcasm7pa:

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Another option would be to refute rather than accept it.

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Another option would be to refute rather than accept it.

You could do that too. I have no problem with debating . My problem is the idea that people can’t or shouldn’t talk about it.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

What you are also missing is the wasted talent and dreams of the kids who came through in this time period and moved on feeling they never really got a shot because of said imcompetent leadership.  That five years really affected my day to day life zero.  I'm betting there are more than a few kids today, who in a quiet moment, sit and think what if.

If you have to keep asking people whom are they referring to, this is your consciousness telling you the answer. Okay enough psych np content 

Archived