UAB Transfer NT Tony Fair Commits to Auburn!

Zeek

1 hour ago, Jgarrett7 said:

You can’t just come drop Bluey and Mighty Mike then declare no more cartoon talk when you haven’t mentioned Puppy Dog Pals. If Rilly doesn’t occasionally make you lol then you don’t have a soul. 😆

Pup pup pup pup puppy dog paaaalls. Going on a mission, going on a mission! 😝 I got you jg7... Now I can’t get the song out of my head! Thanks a lot .

I know some of the staff at UAB, the kid is very very talented but very lazy and unmotivated. Let hope he has an NFL season this year because this will be his money year. Things change and priorities do too. He has a kid and is engaged to be married. Let hope he comes in motivated and works hard. Harsin and Mason are going to require this. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Hope this hasn’t already been posted.

17 hours ago, tinman said:

Tony's a tiger!  That's GREAAAAAAT.

I think that's a Fair statement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I know some of the staff at UAB, the kid is very very talented but very lazy and unmotivated. Let hope he has an NFL season this year because this will be his money year. Things change and priorities do too. He has a kid and is engaged to be married. Let hope he comes in motivated and works hard. Harsin and Mason are going to require this. 

Thanks for tapping the brakes with some reality. I wouldn't call him a work in process, but I also wouldn't call him a starter from day1. He made no USA all conference teams. In fact UAB had 3 defensive lineman make 1st, 2nd or honorable mention last year. He was not one of them. Based on that metric, he was their least productive lineman. We also beat Purdue and Ole Miss for this guy. If we are competing against these type schools for players, we become these type schools. I believe he is here for depth and rotational help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 80Tiger said:

Thanks for tapping the brakes with some reality. I wouldn't call him a work in process, but I also wouldn't call him a starter from day1. He made no USA all conference teams. In fact UAB had 3 defensive lineman make 1st, 2nd or honorable mention last year. He was not one of them. Based on that metric, he was their least productive lineman. We also beat Purdue and Ole Miss for this guy. If we are competing against these type schools for players, we become these type schools. I believe he is here for depth and rotational help.

That's kind of what WDE was explaining, though. Both why we took him and why the interest wasn't very high elsewhere.

And when Harsin inherited the roster he did and didn't even really get started with our team until the main signing day had already happened, we're not really in danger of becoming anything by getting Purdue type kids right now. 

There is nothing normal about our current situation or how we have to handle it. Nothing that happens now is what we should expect of Harsin's SOP 2 years from now and going forward from there. (Yes, he's still going to be in rebuild mode next year.) 

That all said, I don't disagree with you that this guy isn't a sure-fire starter, but I do believe that our staff is very strongly hoping he is. By all accounts, the talent is there, but that leaves a big "if" hanging out there. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well we only need one good year outta him (unless he finds a way for an 8th year lol). So maybe he can motivate himself as a money stop. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's kind of what WDE was explaining, though. Both why we took him and why the interest wasn't very high elsewhere.

And when Harsin inherited the roster he did and didn't even really get started with our team until the main signing day had already happened, we're not really in danger of becoming anything by getting Purdue type kids right now. 

There is nothing normal about our current situation or how we have to handle it. Nothing that happens now is what we should expect of Harsin's SOP 2 years from now and going forward from there. (Yes, he's still going to be in rebuild mode next year.) 

That all said, I don't disagree with you that this guy isn't a sure-fire starter, but I do believe that our staff is very strongly hoping he is. By all accounts, the talent is there, but that leaves a big "if" hanging out there. 

Need a Nick Fairley type year

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Need a Nick Fairley type year

I thought of him, also. The potential for a similar trajectory- I won't hope for similar production- seems to be there, at least. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought of him, also. The potential for a similar trajectory- I won't hope for similar production- seems to be there, at least. 

Yeah, just need a lazy player to not be lazy for a year and get paid.

• Like 2

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...