What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

10 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

If Greene is pushed or walks out that door anytime soon, I am done as an Auburn fan, to put decades of lagging facilities in his lap or under performing sports which lets be honest, is pretty much the norm here. Let me just say, I will reframe myself of what I think the real reason is, Auburn is not consistent in no sports and the last time we were, was in the swimming and diving program, I am beyond sick and tired of the drama that consistently plaque this university and we wonder why we never get any respect it is because of how Auburn does it's business which is stupid and corrupt and with no forward thinking.

mr nest i have found drama has crept into normal lifes dealings so i am not sure if changing teams would help. i could not stop being an auburn fan if i wanted to. it is in my blood.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

mr nest i have found drama has crept into normal lifes dealings so i am not sure if changing teams would help. i could not stop being an auburn fan if i wanted to. it is in my blood.

I agree with this post. There may be things (including coaches, ADs, and presidents) that I don’t support but will never be anything but an AU fan/supporter.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Zeek said:

There's always some uncertainty when your AD has interviewed other places and he's a younger, affluent, and scandal free dude. If we don't return to being an "everything school" soon it might be a mutual parting of ways.

Zeek, besides AG interviewing for the So Cal AD job, where else has he interviewed?

IMO, AG interviewing for the So Cal job so early in his job at AU suggested to me that he views the AU job merely as a stepping stone to somewhere else. I just think that he wants brighter lights and more cameras than what the AU job provides.  I really like AG, but I cannot overlook how bad athletics are under his watch.  Couple that with his apparent desire to be somewhere else, a reasonable person (Gogue or his underling) would make a move to take steps to improve athletics, with or without AG.  At the very least the Ghost of Christmas Past needs to visit with AG. 

One other consideration is given Gogue’s past history of a laissez-faire approach to AU athletics tells me that there must be a boiling cauldron of problems under AG’s watch and Gogue is going to resolve them.  I don’t know what else could be concluded by General Burgess’ move.  While moves of this nature are initially unsettling, I view this to be a positive move.  Time will tell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Zeek, besides AG interviewing for the So Cal AD job, where else has he interviewed?

IMO, AG interviewing for the So Cal job so early in his job at AU suggested to me that he views the AU job merely as a stepping stone to somewhere else. I just think that he wants brighter lights and more cameras than what the AU job provides.  I really like AG, but I cannot overlook how bad athletics are under his watch.  Couple that with his apparent desire to be somewhere else, a reasonable person (Gogue or his underling) would make a move to take steps to improve athletics, with or without AG.  At the very least the Ghost of Christmas Past needs to visit with AG. 

One other consideration is given Gogue’s past history of a laissez-faire approach to AU athletics tells me that there must be a boiling cauldron of problems under AG’s watch and Gogue is going to resolve them.  I don’t know what else could be concluded by General Burgess’ move.  While moves of this nature are initially unsettling, I view this to be a positive move.  Time will tell. 

Another thing to remember is Gogue did not have any dealings with hiring Greene at that time. That was the BOT and President Leath in 2018. So Gogue has no loyalty to Greene, if things are not where there they need to be in the AD.

But when a President or a CEO brings in someone to 'fix' problems, and if it is true Greene for now reports to Burgess, that is not a good sign for Greene wanting to stay or when Gogue is replaced that the next President may want his own AD in there.

If I remember Greene's major attribute was fund raising, so I wonder how that has been going within the AD in his 3+ years here? Covid didn't help, but they also would have saved money as an offset of lost revenues, bc some teams had to shut down due to COvid decisions.

42 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If I remember Greene's major attribute was fund raising, so I wonder how that has been going within the AD in his 3+ years here? Covid didn't help, but they also would have saved money as an offset of lost revenues, bc some teams had to shut down due to COvid decisions.

I don't know facts but I'm told season book sales for 2021 FB are down. That means Tigers Unlimited income would also be down. Maybe someone can verify if true.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

my man! this... the AD was a train wreck before he got here, ask yourself, who gave that clown of a head coach that utterly ridiculous contract and don't tell me it was Leath, he was just a figure head. The good ole boys did that, and by the way, those Guys will do anything to gain back the control of what they had for decades, and we have suffered from it bad decision after bad decision. Auburn is the laughing stock of this league, we are out dated everywhere except for Auburn Arena, you keep telling yourself that 3 years is enough time for AG to make a wish and all Auburn troubles would be solved!! I know and a lot of other people know what the real reason is# Brown.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

I know and a lot of other people know what the real reason is# Brown.

Get outta here with that crap

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

did I touch a nerve?

Nope, just revealed your character

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nope, just revealed your character

And so did you with your baseless claims, which you are entitled to and I an calling it like I have seen it from day 1 of his hire.

Just now, eaglenest said:

And so did you with your baseless claims, which you are entitled to and I an calling it like I have seen it from day 1 of his hire.

What claim was baseless?

And call it anyway you want, I've never subscribed to stoping a fool when they speak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I know is the guy has not had nearly enough time to make his make here. But you know, maybe some of you will get your wish and he will find another job or he will be out of one. To me, I still believe it is more dramatic than it sounds.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

All I know is the guy has not had nearly enough time to make his make here.

That depends on how he's doing at the job.  Sometimes it doesn't take long to know one way or the other.  I'm a big ADG fan, but if some of the things coming out lately are true, then I can understand the  oversight. 

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

That depends on how he's doing at the job.  Sometimes it doesn't take long to know one way or the other.  I'm a big ADG fan, but if some of the things coming out lately are true, then I can understand the  oversight. 

Well what is coming out other than the restraint on the budget? If it is about success in sports, I think he needs more time. Otherwise, why did JJ get fired?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well what is coming out other than the restraint on the budget? If it is about success in sports, I think he needs more time. Otherwise, why did JJ get fired?

I agree completely, however that's not the stuff I'm referencing. If @autigeremt, @RunInRed@passthebiscuitswant to share what they know publicly then they can. I won't.

And JJ got fired for so many different things

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If you want to make everyone happy, don't be a leader. Go sell ice cream..

sign Nick Saban

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree completely, however that's not the stuff I'm referencing. If @autigeremt, @RunInRed@passthebiscuitswant to share what they know publicly then they can. I won't.

And JJ got fired for so many different things

Yeah we need to hear what is going on then, because I highly doubt it is something that happened within the last couple of months. It would seem to me, something like this should've been dealt with prior to AG bringing in "his" guy.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

image.gif.b59d71962efe8495e296c246a4f1e052.gif

Wasn't it just 6 months ago that this board was singing the praises of AG for the hiring of Harsin?  Now the "If you only knew what I know" crowd is racking up their post stats by acting like they know something.  After years of reading their posts, I'm convinced that they don't know sh*t.  Reminds me of the Kevin Steele BS.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, countoff said:

Wasn't it just 6 months ago that this board was singing the praises of AG for the hiring of Harsin?  Now the "If you only knew what I know" crowd is racking up their post stats by acting like they know something.  After years of reading their posts, I'm convinced that they don't know sh*t.  Reminds me of the Kevin Steele BS.

You will have to pay a fee to get the information you want. I will let it play out.

1 hour ago, countoff said:

I'm convinced that they don't know sh*t.  

Then why continue to visit this site?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

All I know is the guy has not had nearly enough time to make his make here. But you know, maybe some of you will get your wish and he will find another job or he will be out of one. To me, I still believe it is more dramatic than it sounds.

He dug his own grave here and is still doing so as we speak.  If what was said on the donor side of the forum is true, he needs to be out of here ASAP.  If not, we run the risk of a lot of great coaches walking away.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1