2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, DAG said:

That sucks but coach Shane seemingly doing work at USCe

My guy in Bham who coaches said they are offering a ton of cash and expanding their territory.  Impressive, really.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

FWIW I think we're going to have the following on board over the next month or so:

• 3* OL Connor Lew
  • 4* OL Bo Hughley
  • 3* OL Gernorris Wilson
  • 3* CB JC Hart
  • 3* LB Marcellius Pulliam
  • 4* DE Ashley Williams

JC Hart and Pulliam are still missing some ratings so I can't tell how much they would impact our team ranking in recruiting.

That can't be right.  You have OL on there. 

Seriously that would be fantastic if we get those big guys.

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

FWIW I think we're going to have the following on board over the next month or so:

• 3* OL Connor Lew
  • 4* OL Bo Hughley
  • 3* OL Gernorris Wilson
  • 3* CB JC Hart
  • 3* LB Marcellius Pulliam
  • 4* DE Ashley Williams

JC Hart and Pulliam are still missing some ratings so I can't tell how much they would impact our team ranking in recruiting.

Believe when I see but landing Hughley would put Harsin over Gus in at least one very important category. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Believe when I see but landing Hughley would put Harsin over Gus in at least one very important category. 

Hey! Gus' first recruit at UCF was an OT!

He learned... Too late. But he learned 😅

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, au302 said:

KN saying just a matter of time. We already knew that so I'm not passing along anything newsworthy. Just a matter on if it's today or he waits a few days.

"In light of recent events and lapse in communication,....."  I wonder what caused Nebraska to lose interest?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"In light of recent events and lapse in communication,....."  I wonder what caused Nebraska to lose interest?

Well Mickey Joseph, a NU assistant, apparently posted $$$ bag emoji's on one of his social media accounts and said, paraphrasing, "I'm just not gonna say anything" shortly after he de-committed today. 

From reading their boards, they wanted this guy to stay. We had Lenhardt scheduled to come as a backup in case AW didn't, which was rumored. Around Thursday or so it was confirmed AW would come and suddenly Leonardt wasn't gonna come anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My guy in Bham who coaches said they are offering a ton of cash and expanding their territory.  Impressive, really.  

See my previous comments about NIL.

A. I thought they couldn’t discuss offers to recruits?

B. Are we going to play all day games to avoid the lighting bills?

C. If our alum base is too morally righteous to support what’s needed (TigerHorn), why not go join the Sun Belt? I don’t like that we need to devote this much resources either, but at some point, put up or shut up.

Also,

D. See why I don’t think position AHC should be an automatic disqualifier anymore? (Doesn’t mean I want Charles Kelly, mind you.)

Edited by AUwent

Hey! Gus' first recruit at UCF was an OT!

He learned... Too late. But he learned 😅

I would love to know why Gus didn't recruit to need and why he stopped running the hurry up? It was so frustrating to watch him out smart Dinky, but seem like he was clueless against Richt, Smart, Orgeron and Miles. Hell, even Muschump beat him. He and Tubberville seemed very similar in that we would have good recruiting classes, but seldom recruited to need.   

Brock Glenn officially to Ohio State for those that missed it over the weekend.

• Sad 1

In-state 2023 corner Rickey Gibson lands Auburn offer

Keith Niebuhrabout 2 hours
Police-request-help-searching-for-missing-father-former-Auburn-Tigers-standout-Neiko-Thorpe-NFL-Georgia (1) Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Auburn on Tuesday offered 4-star cornerback Rickey Gibson of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.). Now, we’ll find out if the Tigers can become a factor in his recruitment.

Gibson, listed at 5-foot-11.5 and 165 pounds, is the No. 22 recruit in the state of Alabama for the On3 Consensus and is the No. 43 corner. And, he’s the nephew of Auburn great Karlos Dansby.

His coach raved about the emerging Auburn target

“I think that what separates him is, he has elite speed,” Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd said. “And he has what everybody wants in a corner. He’s long. He is one of the best athletes I’ve ever coached when you talk about pure athleticism. He has a 41-inch vertical. He’s going to run 4.3 or 4.4 every time he runs a 40 (yard dash). He has great ball skills also. We might play him some this season at wide receiver. He can fly. You can’t teach that.”

Efforts to reach Gibson have thus far been unsuccessful by Auburn Live.

But we do know Auburn attended a Hewitt-Trussville spring practice this year. And, Floyd said Gibson visited the Tigers in June.

Tennessee currently is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite to land Gibson with a 47.4 percent projection. Arkansas is next (25.2 percent) followed by Georgia (14.8 percent). He has offers from all three of those programs. 

Gibson was at Georgia over the weekend for a two-day visit and he told On3’s Chad Simmons he enjoyed the trip.

“The Georgia coaches made me feel very important on this visit,” Gibson told On3. “I spent a lot of time with coach Fran Brown, I talked with coach Will Muschamp, and I met with coach Kirby Smart. Georgia wanted me to come in Friday so they could spend more time with me. It was a great experience. The coaches spent a lot of time with me and I could tell they all want me. They really made me feel wanted.”

4 star OT at Thompson high school in Alabaster committed to Michigan State yesterday.

I guess we backed off recruiting him awhile back?

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

In-state 2023 corner Rickey Gibson lands Auburn offer

Keith Niebuhrabout 2 hours
Police-request-help-searching-for-missing-father-former-Auburn-Tigers-standout-Neiko-Thorpe-NFL-Georgia (1) Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Auburn on Tuesday offered 4-star cornerback Rickey Gibson of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.). Now, we’ll find out if the Tigers can become a factor in his recruitment.

Gibson, listed at 5-foot-11.5 and 165 pounds, is the No. 22 recruit in the state of Alabama for the On3 Consensus and is the No. 43 corner. And, he’s the nephew of Auburn great Karlos Dansby.

His coach raved about the emerging Auburn target

“I think that what separates him is, he has elite speed,” Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd said. “And he has what everybody wants in a corner. He’s long. He is one of the best athletes I’ve ever coached when you talk about pure athleticism. He has a 41-inch vertical. He’s going to run 4.3 or 4.4 every time he runs a 40 (yard dash). He has great ball skills also. We might play him some this season at wide receiver. He can fly. You can’t teach that.”

Efforts to reach Gibson have thus far been unsuccessful by Auburn Live.

But we do know Auburn attended a Hewitt-Trussville spring practice this year. And, Floyd said Gibson visited the Tigers in June.

Tennessee currently is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite to land Gibson with a 47.4 percent projection. Arkansas is next (25.2 percent) followed by Georgia (14.8 percent). He has offers from all three of those programs. 

Gibson was at Georgia over the weekend for a two-day visit and he told On3’s Chad Simmons he enjoyed the trip.

“The Georgia coaches made me feel very important on this visit,” Gibson told On3. “I spent a lot of time with coach Fran Brown, I talked with coach Will Muschamp, and I met with coach Kirby Smart. Georgia wanted me to come in Friday so they could spend more time with me. It was a great experience. The coaches spent a lot of time with me and I could tell they all want me. They really made me feel wanted.”

Seems we are late to the dance....why?

not pointing fingers or wanting to derail thread.   Just asking. 

• Like 1

Seems like this staff is pretty deliberate about who and when they offer. 

• Thanks 1

Zeek Connor Lew is announcing Friday evening what do you feel are our chances of getting him? Especially since both Clemson and UGA seem to want him. 

Zeek Connor Lew is announcing Friday evening what do you feel are our chances of getting him? Especially since both Clemson and UGA seem to want him. 

Not Zeek but I think it’s a smaller gap between us and those two than it was a few weeks ago. I still think we get him but it’s really any ones guess right now.

All offers were official finally. They've just been informal and verbal up until this week. It's not just us, it's for every school. 

• Thanks 1

Seems like this staff is pretty deliberate about who and when they offer. 

Official offers went out this week.

• Like 1

I think it is a great question. In reading the write up, he does not even mention Auburn and TN, UGA and Arky all seem to have been recruiting him for some time. It feels like we are somewhat late to the party. And I don't buy the staff being "deliberate" on who and when they offer.

• Like 1

I think it is a great question. In reading the write up, he does not even mention Auburn and TN, UGA and Arky all seem to have been recruiting him for some time. It feels like we are somewhat late to the party. And I don't buy the staff being "deliberate" on who and when they offer.

Official offers went out. So far only verbal offers. Same with every school. 

Official offers went out. So far only verbal offers. Same with every school. 

This is not about verbal versus written offers. The inference from the article that AU has just now offered  whether verbal or written. AU offers tons of kids before written offers are sent out. How do  you think anyone has been committing for the past few months without a written offer?

• Like 2

4 star OT at Thompson high school in Alabaster committed to Michigan State yesterday.

Unbelievable that AU can’t reel in the state OL talent.

• Like 1

Tigers make big jump in On3 recruiting team rankings

bryan-harsin-reveals-his-message-to-auburn-players-entering-year-2 Photo by Michael Chang/Getty Images

It’s not where Auburn fans want — and expect — to ultimately see their program in the On3 recruiting team rankings. But with every new commitment, the Tigers are moving up.

When Wednesday began, Auburn sat at No. 52 in the rankings with only five commitments.

But when 4-star 2023 edge Ashley Williams of Zachary (La.) gave his verbal to the Tigers on Wednesday, it resulted in a big rankings surge. Auburn jumped 14 spots to No. 38. Moreover, the Tigers now are 11th in the Southeastern Conference, up from 14th.

Again, it’s not great in the big picture, but it’s a start. 

And, you also have this positive note: Auburn’s average player rating per commit (90.26) is a competitive fifth-best in the SEC.

Not that long ago, the Tigers weren’t even in the top 75 of the rankings. Now they’re only a few more verbals away from possibly getting into the top 25.

Through June, Auburn had only two verbals. 

Then, 4-star running back Jeremiah Cobb of Montgomery Catholic (Ala.) committed on July 1 and 4-star receiver Karmello Englishof Phenix City (Ala.) Central followed three days later.

The Tigers have four 2023 commitments since July 1

Last week, 2023 commitment No. 5 came from 4-star edge Wilky Denaud of Fort Pierce (Fla.) John Carroll. Over the weekend, two 2024 4-stars committed — cornerback A’mon Lane and quarterback Adrian Posse.

Now, with Williams on board it seems as though the Tigers have recruiting momentum for the first time this year. And it’s possible more good news is on the way.

Friday,  Connor Lew, an All-American Bowl pick at center/guard from Kennesaw Mountain (Ga.), will announce his college commitment. Auburn is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite (87.4 percent). 

Also, we expect a decision soon from Jacorious Hart, a speedy 3-star corner from Loachapoka (Ala.). Auburn also is the favorite in his recruitment. 

Here’s a complete look at the Auburn commit list.

• Thanks 2

Tigers make big jump in On3 recruiting team rankings

bryan-harsin-reveals-his-message-to-auburn-players-entering-year-2 Photo by Michael Chang/Getty Images

It’s not where Auburn fans want — and expect — to ultimately see their program in the On3 recruiting team rankings. But with every new commitment, the Tigers are moving up.

When Wednesday began, Auburn sat at No. 52 in the rankings with only five commitments.

But when 4-star 2023 edge Ashley Williams of Zachary (La.) gave his verbal to the Tigers on Wednesday, it resulted in a big rankings surge. Auburn jumped 14 spots to No. 38. Moreover, the Tigers now are 11th in the Southeastern Conference, up from 14th.

Again, it’s not great in the big picture, but it’s a start. 

And, you also have this positive note: Auburn’s average player rating per commit (90.26) is a competitive fifth-best in the SEC.

Not that long ago, the Tigers weren’t even in the top 75 of the rankings. Now they’re only a few more verbals away from possibly getting into the top 25.

Through June, Auburn had only two verbals. 

Then, 4-star running back Jeremiah Cobb of Montgomery Catholic (Ala.) committed on July 1 and 4-star receiver Karmello Englishof Phenix City (Ala.) Central followed three days later.

The Tigers have four 2023 commitments since July 1

Last week, 2023 commitment No. 5 came from 4-star edge Wilky Denaud of Fort Pierce (Fla.) John Carroll. Over the weekend, two 2024 4-stars committed — cornerback A’mon Lane and quarterback Adrian Posse.

Now, with Williams on board it seems as though the Tigers have recruiting momentum for the first time this year. And it’s possible more good news is on the way.

Friday,  Connor Lew, an All-American Bowl pick at center/guard from Kennesaw Mountain (Ga.), will announce his college commitment. Auburn is the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine favorite (87.4 percent). 

Also, we expect a decision soon from Jacorious Hart, a speedy 3-star corner from Loachapoka (Ala.). Auburn also is the favorite in his recruitment. 

Here’s a complete look at the Auburn commit list.

Great pick up on Williams. Way to build!!

Idk what happened with this recruitment. Feels like we didn’t try hard enough 

Give this man a cruiten finger! Brayden doing work baby 

• Like 1