2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

Didn’t see a portal discussion thread so posted here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Huge OL, 2 year starter at bama, home town kid.   Sounds like a great fit!!!   Let’s go get him!!!

Look at the other thread. This guy can go wherever but not to Auburn. He's burned that bridge. https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/185154-portal-discussion-thread/#comment-3683313

Edited by Mikey

Auburn running back target Jamarion Wilcox announces top 4 schools

JD McCarthy
~2 minutes

Auburn offered three-star running back Jamarion Wilcox on Tuesday and are now one of his top schools.

The Georgia native announced his top four schools Thursday afternoon and included the Tigers. They will be battling Ohio State, Clemson, and Kentucky for him.

Buy Tigers Tickets

He is ranked as the No. 39 running back and No. 573 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite for the 2023 recruiting class. He is also the No. 54 player from Georgia.

The 5-foot-9, 195-pounder has only taken one official visit to Kentucky and has not yet visited the Plains but that could soon change now that they have offered him.

The Douglasville, Georgia product rushed for 2,059 yards and 29 touchdowns as a senior for South Paulding High School. He averaged 9.0 yards per carry and 187.2 yards per game.

Auburn already has one running back committed in their 2023 recruiting class, four-star Jeremiah Cobb. He is the Tiger’s highest-rated recruit and the No. 5 running back in the country.

With Tank Bigsby potentially moving onto the NFL the Tigers are looking to add more depth to the room and Wilcox and Cobb would be a strong pairing.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn running back target Jamarion Wilcox announces top 4 schools

Apparently Tank has indicated that he's heading to the NFL. Were he expected to return to Auburn we wouldn't need a second RB signee.

• Like 1

Not trying to stir any kind of pot: With regards to early signing and enrollment, if any of these athletes go through spring ball and are not satisfied with their current status, can they enter the May transfer portal?  Just curious.  WDE 

13 hours ago, AU North said:

Not trying to stir any kind of pot: With regards to early signing and enrollment, if any of these athletes go through spring ball and are not satisfied with their current status, can they enter the May transfer portal?  Just curious.  WDE 

Yes.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes.

Man. That’s just crazy. Are there really some of y’all out there that think this is good for college football?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Man. That’s just crazy. Are there really some of y’all out there that think this is good for college football?

Absolutely not. I also think that there is going to be a short window of opportunity to turn our program around using the portal. In the not too distant future the powers that be are going to attempt to rein in some of the insanity (for lack of a better word) that currently exists.  JMO  WDE

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Auburn’s picked up 7 stars so far today…any more expected?

It would be 12 stars, but I'm out of eligibility...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AU North said:

Absolutely not. I also think that there is going to be a short window of opportunity to turn our program around using the portal. In the not too distant future the powers that be are going to attempt to rein in some of the insanity (for lack of a better word) that currently exists.  JMO  WDE

I hope you are correct. However, considering the Supreme Court ruling I can't imagine how a reining in would work. As my sainted grandmother would say on her wildest day, "It's a mell of a hess".

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope you are correct. However, considering the Supreme Court ruling I can't imagine how a reining in would work. As my sainted grandmother would say on her wildest day, "It's a mell of a hess".

All SCOTUS ruled on was NIL.  The portal is an entirely different ballgame. 

They could easily go back to pre Covid rules where if you transfer, you have to sit a year.   That would stop a lot of this free agency nonsense. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

They could easily go back to pre Covid rules where if you transfer, you have to sit a year.   That would stop a lot of this free agency nonsense. 

Once Pandora’s box is opened, it’s hard to shut it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It's going to be very interesting to see how this developes, but as Jerry Clower used to say "Just shoot up here amongst us. One of us has got to have some relief".  WDE  Happy Holidays

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Agree but: The NCAA opened this transfer can of worms because they didn't think their rules would stand up to a law suit. It may not be as simple as reverting back. I would like it if it was that simple but I'm afraid it's not.

• Like 2