2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

45 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Heard Freeze is doing in home today w them 

He'll shoot his shot, but even calling them a long shot is probably overstated. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Heard Freeze is doing in home today w them 

He is but if they don't visit 1 more time we have very little shot.

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

well shoot. Other side mentioning that jatta will visit Colorado this weekend. I think he is from out west.

From JLee FWIW...

I still like Auburn's chances with Jatta despite the last-weekend-before-Signing-Day visit to Colorado...

Still has us at 60% even after the Colorado news came out.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From JLee FWIW...

Still has us at 60% even after the Colorado news came out.

I guess we are about to see what happens when we go head to head with DS. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I guess we are about to see what happens when we go head to head with DS. 

That kid is from CA and goes to JUCO in UT…..honestly I would not be shocked if he wants to stay out west where he is from.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Barnacle said:

The fact that people were still defending Harsin’s recruiting after NSD last year is still incomprehensible to me. What this staff is accomplishing in such a short amount of time is absolutely amazing. 

Can we let that dead dog stay dead? It’s over, he’s gone, no need to rehash.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Snow College is in Utah so I suppose he's from out west. Don't worry about Colorado anyway. According to some posters here, that school is going to flip many four and five star guys from UGA and bammer. They they won't have room for a lowly recruit such as Jatta. :)

I think Jatta is a California native.

54 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Can we let that dead dog stay dead? It’s over, he’s gone, no need to rehash.

We could, or you could quote me after a day and two pages in this thread have elapsed. No one here is rehashing anything that I can tell. I'm just glad we have a coach who is selling Auburn as Auburn should be sold. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

We could, or you could quote me after a day and two pages in this thread have elapsed. No one here is rehashing anything that I can tell. I'm just glad we have a coach who is selling Auburn as Auburn should be sold. 

I don’t come on here every hour. But when I do I see posts like your statement? Why? 

• Like 1

I believe Jatta is from outside Los Angeles.  He said he wanted to play in the SEC so we shall see.

LA is 16 hours drive time from Boulder, across 2 mountain ranges, in the winter, it aint like he is playing down the road if he chose Colorado.  

The OL recruiting is turning out fantastic, and layering, some HS, some portal, some JC so we wont end up with the entire line graduating at the same time again hopefully. Throw in McCall for QB and we will be cooking with gas.  

DL is looking kinda tepid, and it cant be helped given the circumstances, but sure is disappointing looking at how the state is probably more loaded than it has been in a decade and we may completely strike out.  Really need Faulk to flip, and sure could use a couple more good ones.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I don’t come on here every hour. But when I do I see posts like your statement? Why? 

As far as I can tell, you are the only one here who is attempting to have a conversation about this. You could simply choose to move on, or re-read my post as a prompt to discuss what a fantastic job the current staff is doing.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Freeze earned an unofficial visit this weekend from Russaw and Smith. Even if they go to Bama like we all expect, I’m impressed by this news. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/hugh-freeze-meets-with-5-star-duo-and-secures-unofficial-visit/

This is huge news, especially because of the timing and the fact they had said they were not going to take any more visits. 

Just now, AEAugirl said:

This is huge news, especially because of the timing and the fact they had said they were not going to take any more visits. 

No doubt. Saban visits them tomorrow, and I would imagine they will receive the full court press. We will see. Regardless, Freeze isn’t one to back down - but then again, neither is Saban. This is where we could really see the power of Auburn’s NIL funding.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Freeze earned an unofficial visit this weekend from Russaw and Smith. Even if they go to Bama like we all expect, I’m impressed by this news. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/hugh-freeze-meets-with-5-star-duo-and-secures-unofficial-visit/

Regardless if we sign them or not . Danny Hugh is to be commended for even giving AU a shot with them. Along with Ethredges help its a miracle we still in it

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

And they kick the @)*% out of us.

I bet you're a hoot at parties. You're such a ray of sunshine. 

You may be right. I don't know. But if the next two or three seasons are gonna be as awful as you predict, can you just let us have a slight positive vibe for a minute? I have a couple of bammer neighbors more positive than you and a few others about our program. Only the intelligent bama guys, the rest are just typical A holes.

Just asking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I bet you're a hoot at parties. You're such a ray of sunshine. 

You may be right. I don't know. But if the next two or three seasons are gonna be as awful as you predict, can you just let us have a slight positive vibe for a minute? I have a couple of bammer neighbors more positive than you and a few others about our program. Only the intelligent bama guys, the rest are just typical A holes.

Just asking.

I have not predicted doom.  You are a liar.

Is you optimism so fragile?

• Dislike 1