Our Future Is Looking Bright!

autiger88

6 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Our 38-23 victory at No. 17 Arkansas is the Tigers’ largest margin of victory in a road game against an AP Top 25 opponent since a 26-10 win at No. 25 Texas A&M in 2015.

We've now won consecutive road games for the first time since 2017.

We've thrown for 250+ yards in four straight games for the first time since 2004.

We've outscored Arkansas 261-87 during its current six-game winning streak against the Razorbacks, an average score of 43.5-14.5.

Bo Nix’s 23-yard touchdown run in our win at Arkansas today is the longest TD run of his career.

"The Harsin Era" 😎 🔥 🐅

(Source: Scott Scroggins)

Don’t forget our 22 class was like 80th at one point and now it’s very possible we finish in the top 15 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lets hope so. We won't really know until around three years from today but we are off to a solid start. To date, we've beaten two teams we beat last year and lost to a team we lost to last year. While that's pretty much what I expected, I'm hoping for a big step up later in the year. Wins at A&M and in the Iron Bowl would be impressive.

True, but (and this is a big but, IMO) we finally won in BR and broke the cigar curse. That's a huge psychological boost for the players, coaches and staff, fans, and the overall program in general. 

• Like 3

For me, it's the consistent improvement, not just weekly, but in-game.  The fact we have won on the road in the 4th quarter is all one needs to know as to why a change was desperately needed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

True, but (and this is a big but, IMO) we finally won in BR and broke the cigar curse. That's a huge psychological boost for the players, coaches and staff, fans, and the overall program in general. 

Obviously there is a huge difference in beating LSU in BR and also The other team we beat last year (Arkansas) wasn’t ranked and was at home. Huge difference if you are trying to see a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the year. Auburn has improved so much under this new offense. We're focused. We're having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if we're a dark horse for the national champions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As I read the adoration for Harsin and Auburn, it is ironic I read a 'hit piece' yesterday written by someone in the Boise region where the writer was blaming Harsin for leaving Boise in terrible shape (OL and other position groups).   Sounded like a page taken out of my criticism of Gus.  Basically they were trashing his recruiting, culture  and ability to hire a staff that players will play for. 

Funny isn't it?

If any of it is half true, I wonder he won his division like 5 times and his conference 3 times.... it sure is easy to  throw rocks at a guy who is 2,000 miles away.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUx said:

This is the year. Auburn has improved so much under this new offense. We're focused. We're having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if we're a dark horse for the national champions.

You're on Reddit aren't you?🤣

Edited by autiger88

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

As I read the adoration for Harsin and Auburn, it is ironic I read a 'hit piece' yesterday written by someone in the Boise region where the writer was blaming Harsin for leaving Boise in terrible shape (OL and other position groups).   Sounded like a page taken out of my criticism of Gus.  Basically they were trashing his recruiting, culture  and ability to hire a staff that players will play for. 

Funny isn't it?

If any of it is half true, I wonder he won his division like 5 times and his conference 3 times.... it sure is easy to  throw rocks at a guy who is 2,000 miles away.    

It doesn't matter if you are managing the Taco Bell or coaching major college football.  Whatever is wrong is always the fault of the last guy that left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I said when we hired Harsin I thought we had made the right choice and finally winning in BR and winning back to back road games is great. I know I am normally the guy wearing orange and blue glasses but I am trying not to allow myself to get to carried away. We have a chance to have a better season then I expected and recruiting looks like we might have a chance to get a top 20 or slightly better class if things keep going our way. That said this is going to be a roller coaster ride only the SC game do I feel we will win for sure. I feel really good about Miss. State, but Ole Miss is a tossup but I think home field might be enough. A&M seems to be getting their act together at the wrong time which is bad as they  have a lot of talent and bama is bama.  Recruiting while appearing we are turning the corner we haven't turned it yet. 

I still feel strongly Harsin is the man long term but I have seen how fickle this fan base is and how quickly they will turn if something goes wrong. What scares me the most is a bad game the fan base turning and the money boys who Greene shut out in hiring Harsin get involved. I am not worried this year as I think we will be OK but next year we might have a completely new O-line which could be either an improvement or worse then current O-line. Bad O-Lines lead to bad seasons. This years O-line is not bad but they are not great and an awful lot of questions marks on next years O-line. 

Basically what I am saying is some people are on a high right now so may expect a faster turn around then what I think is doable. So please be patient it will take Harsin 3 -4 years to really give us an idea of what he is capable of doing at Auburn. He stared by changing team philosophy with existing players but it is a work in progress.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 10/19/2021 at 12:47 PM, AuburnEagle79 said:

You'd have to be more specific. There are hundreds if not thousand of those guys....myself included. 

I was gonna say, “Are you talking about my husband?” 😂

• Haha 1

I sincerely hope every positive vibe comes to fruition.

I have been on this trip before.  A few times now.  Auburn football feels like the roundabout in National Lampoon's Vacation.  Look kids... Big Ben, Parliament....

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I sincerely hope every positive vibe comes to fruition.

I have been on this trip before.  A few times now.  Auburn football feels like the roundabout in National Lampoon's Vacation.  Look kids... Big Ben, Parliament....

Or just the Vacation movies period and we are Clark who just has some bad luck with occasional good luck thrown in 🤣

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I said when we hired Harsin I thought we had made the right choice and finally winning in BR and winning back to back road games is great. I know I am normally the guy wearing orange and blue glasses but I am trying not to allow myself to get to carried away. We have a chance to have a better season then I expected and recruiting looks like we might have a chance to get a top 20 or slightly better class if things keep going our way. That said this is going to be a roller coaster ride only the SC game do I feel we will win for sure. I feel really good about Miss. State, but Ole Miss is a tossup but I think home field might be enough. A&M seems to be getting their act together at the wrong time which is bad as they  have a lot of talent and bama is bama.  Recruiting while appearing we are turning the corner we haven't turned it yet. 

I still feel strongly Harsin is the man long term but I have seen how fickle this fan base is and how quickly they will turn if something goes wrong. What scares me the most is a bad game the fan base turning and the money boys who Greene shut out in hiring Harsin get involved. I am not worried this year as I think we will be OK but next year we might have a completely new O-line which could be either an improvement or worse then current O-line. Bad O-Lines lead to bad seasons. This years O-line is not bad but they are not great and an awful lot of questions marks on next years O-line. 

Basically what I am saying is some people are on a high right now so may expect a faster turn around then what I think is doable. So please be patient it will take Harsin 3 -4 years to really give us an idea of what he is capable of doing at Auburn. He stared by changing team philosophy with existing players but it is a work in progress.

I agree, there is only one more guaranteed W on the schedule.  

Everything else will have to be earned and yeah the 'book is out' on each team now.   Coaching will be paramount during this part of the season as it always is. 

• Love 1