* Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I will say I don't know what people expect from the d with our current d line though. 

I don't know what we are supposed to call

You've got to find ways to be creative. Especially now that Corral is hobbling and not a huge threat to run.

Bring 5 or 6. We still have everyone covered. Just got to be situational with it. Maybe a little more often. 

The blitz with Zakoby was nice

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s the recipe for offensive success. 

Don’t think we are going to stop them on defense. Just need to stay ahead of the curb by grinding them down and scoring. 

If we stop them one or two more times I think it's over. 

You would be crazy to start blitzing. I mean you want to stop them but you don't want to give up big plays. You definitely err conservative before you err aggressive when you're up two scores. 

It's not like he can snap his fingers and create a pass rush. He can blitz and if he blitz we may give up something big

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Still don’t feel comfortable...

If we can keep them out of the end zone on this drive, maybe I will 😆

Don’t let them get back to back possessions here and after the half.  We need to get a stop and get the ball back before halftime.

• Like 1

Just now, AUatHeart said:

We don’t need to let them score before the half since they get it to start the 3rd

It’s good that we are giving the defense some time to rest up for that fast paced offense. Hope we can get a quick stop this drive and get more points before the half. 

best to just have long offensive drives to keep the ball away from Kiffin. Haha. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

You've got to find ways to be creative. Especially now that Corral is hobbling and not a huge threat to run.

Bring 5 or 6. We still have everyone covered. Just got to be situational with it. Maybe a little more often. 

The blitz with Zakoby was nice

That could work but o guarantee if we do that and give up a big play like we did against Penn st people are going to complain about that to

I’m looking forward to our second half adjustments!  The way we are playing and the way this staff seems to make great adjustments at the half could equal a really fun second half!

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

If Mason can’t figure that ridiculously simple logic out he needs to go sooner than later. Let’s see how he does but I’m not holding my breath. Mason plays scared defense. Vanderbilt seems to have changed him 

Everyone had him as an attacking DC, out scheming new age offenses.

Idk, we play prevent and limited rush/non creative pressure. 

I don't think we are that lacking in talent, especially DBs to play a little tighter vs 10 yards off.

He's made really good adjustments each half

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That could work but o guarantee if we do that and give up a big play like we did against Penn st people are going to complain about that to

Those were busted assignments vs an all out blitz and having a man free.

They are going to RPO us to death. They are so good at it right now. Elite. 

I'm nitnl sure how we stop ittbqh